Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

The Archaic posted:

In terms of future fads I am calling it now that the Power Rangers will usher in an era of 90s nostalgia movies.

i dont think so tim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

when christmas best of the worst

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

grace randolph is one of the straight up stupidest people i've ever attempted to listen to who talks about movies

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

monster on a stick posted:

The Phantom Menace could have a Death Star.

Phantom Menace did have a Death Star. It was that donut thing that the baby blew up by accident.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Nerd Orb

Norb

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Len kabesinski looked uncomfortable the entire discussion

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

The best half in the bag is the one where they sit there silently for like 15 minutes at the end

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

oohhboy posted:

The commentary gets worse further in. Maybe they got drunk or it's deliberate but they get really obtuse. They really, really want that heist movie but being that knowledgeable about Star Wars you would think they would put two and two together to realise they will get that movie later at an undetermined date.

They bitch on about the team having no plan before wishing for Oceans Eleven for the nth time. Yeah no poo poo because they didn't know anything about the place and they didn't have time. They show you the team looking up the local directory, the commandos were plan 2/2.

The tension from the final battle doesn't come from a timer. The tension comes from the ebb and flow of the battle. Who is winning is constantly changing hands. The Death Troopers arrive for example is another reversal like the AT-AT and their subsequent destruction.

Had they not shown the Death Troopers disembarking you wouldn't know where they came from. Krennic did send them off but the movie always makes sure you know where things are moving.

They miss the reasons why the camera followed some of the action at such and such of an angle. They provided the motion to move into the next scene or frame so you know where and when something is happening.

It is something TFA is missing especially during the final battle as space and time goes out the window. TFA uses a timer but when that passes nothing happens. The same set of scenes in ANH has them show you the firing sequence from earlier just seconds after zero. If you use a timer, you have to show the countdown. Then you have people teleporting about the place leaving you asking where the gently caress everyone is and how did they get there.

Leia was being a badass by lying right into Vadar's face and had nothing to lose.

The character arcs were weak, but come the gently caress on.

It was a good start but they devolve and start missing the forest for the trees. It got to the point I wrote off their obtuseness as factitious.

source your quotes

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

arnold's total recall commentary is incredible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtKsBrgGH84

pro click

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Is alien resurrection worth watching? I've never bothered

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's not a bad movie. It's nowhere as good as Alien or Aliens of course, but if you don't go in expecting that level of quality you can have a good time watching Alien Resurrection

Ill have to give it a shot, sounds like it's at least entertaining. Somehow I've avoided knowing anything about it, despite Alien and Aliens being some of my favorite movies.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I'll try it out, though I wavered a bit upon finding a xenomorph doesn't rip off Alyson Hannigan's clothes.

I need to rewatch 3 as well, I just remember watching it like 20 years ago and hating it.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Just like on first attempts, when a re-do adaptation of a book goes closer to the source material, it gets better.

Especially Dredd. The Stallone one and the Urban one are like they're from different dimensions.

Something I thought would be neat before Jurassic World came out was how dope it would be to remake Jurassic Park like 20 years from now and stick to the book with Hammond being an evil prick who gets torn apart by compies and Robert Muldoon murking velociraptors with an RPG from a helicopter. Like lose a lot of the Spielberg geewhizz stuff (which is great and I love it) and doing it more like the man vs. technology vs. nature horror film it could be.

And maybe in 6 or 7 years someone can actually do The Dark Tower right. (Eat a dick, Sony) (God, don't let "IT" be trash, too)

If the trailers are anything to go by, 'It' will definitely be trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

westworld show is extremely overrated but the original movie is dope as hell

• Locked thread