Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't know if even China can save Valerian at this rate...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am not shocked Valerian is doing bad; I am shocked it is expected to do worse than Ghost in the Shell.

ScarJo is pretty much the difference maker, I guess.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Valerian blows Transformers out of the water. The Last Knight was so bad that even Transformers fans hated it. I saw 5 year olds leaving confused and unimpressed.

I know it's a low bar, it might even be the lowest bar of the year, but Valerian is a better movie than Transformers. Easily.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh boy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

A+

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

starkebn posted:

John Wick *Universe*

.~*Hollywood is junk*~.

Prepare to hate John Wick. Maybe one more decent film in the series before the producers overrun everything else.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yug hates women.

But I really want to see the Emoji movie. Just wanna shove my face into the cheese grater.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

owned

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Atomic Blonde was okay. It wasn't bad by any means, but I enjoyed Baby Driver more. Still need to see Dunkirk.

Dark Tower tonight, though. Hope it's good.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I did not mind Dark Tower. It was not great, kinda mediocre, but I liked Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey. McC as the Man in Black was quite enjoyably cheesy.

But yeah, there are pacing issues and weird edits. I have not read the books, for what it's worth.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Try to enjoy McConnaughey and Elba, at the very least.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Logan and Get Out are at the top of my list for 2017 so far.

I'm sure there are better movies, but if they don't catch my interest on a trailer I'm not going to give em a chance.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I watched the Ghost in the Shell movie that nobody in the world saw. It wasn't really bad. The twist is dumb as gently caress but the production design is good and Takeshi Kitano owns in literally anything he's in so that's good.

See, I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
My thing was: I really the GitS TV series, and I think the franchise has some interesting ideas that a movie could explore with the right script behind it. That said, I set the bar all the way to the floor with the ScarJo movie, because I've no reason to think Hollywood is interested in putting out a movie that....uh, thinks.

With the bar set to the bottom, the Ghost in the Shell movie impressed me. Damning with faint praise? Absolutely. But it must be said anyway. I expected so much worse.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Coughing Hobo posted:

I don't think it was a bad movie, it was just unappealing to me in mostly every way.

And that's a totally fair criticism. In my case, all the haters I knew personally were just die hard anime purists. Not the best critics to butt heads with.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Waltzing Along posted:

Ripping on Bill Murray for not wanting to rehash a comedy again isn't really cool. There was no need for another GB after the first. Be happy he even made the second one. Complaining about no third film is just stupid.

Counterpoint: Bill Murray hasn't been worth a poo poo for nearly thirty years.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

We Know Catheters posted:

gently caress off. 🙊

Nah.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Benjamin Sisko is great.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
god just burn CD down to the ground

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

bloom posted:

For people who say CD is terrible, you guys sure seem to have detailed knowledge about CD posts and posters. Have you considered just not going there?

I only see that which pops up in here. Nice try though.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The new Annabelle movie is apparently decent and I am unprepared for this.

I did not think so. It was dumb.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
black people are camels

what

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think Jack is loving BALD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If anything about Firefly upsets me is that its failure meant taking another goofy sci-fi adventure show away from me.

I want more of em, goddammit

• Locked thread