Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Paladinus posted:

Is it called Phangasm?

Light Gun Man posted:

Yes.

The spheres are chrome truck nuts on strings.

Thank loving christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I didn't like Deadpool and so every time I hear it was a gigantic success the cynical side of me gets very sad and feels like I am going to have to endure more of them.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

I liked Deadpool, I'm glad it did well.

You..... Jerk! :argh:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

nigga crab pollock posted:

nah you just gotta use the clunky camera tech to establish the setting and characters and then conveniently pretend that he invented a brownie style film camera that a dumbass intern is shooting on

like that is actually a gold movie idea please do not steal!!!!

My edison fanfic involves like the main character in modern times (who is obviously the audience proxy) gets like sucked into the film reel and then he is seeing everything from edison's perspective.

Idk he gets killed or something in the last twenty minutes.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

I'm worried about some of the language in this video.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
What if there was a law saying that anybody who wanted to make a remake had to beat the biggest grognard nerd in a trivia contest about the subject.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

nigga crab pollock posted:

a thousand years from now the remnants of a future war-torn earth will discover a barely readable 'predator' dvd under a petrified couch. the seeds of the past will lay fruit to a renaissance

Ugh another reboot? Pass.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Venom is the best spider man villain because being a good super-villain is 80% character design.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

I can't believe we let casual superhero talk pollute this thread. Jesus Christ someone please talk about pre rec. or even just Jack.

I always intended for this thread to be the emergency valve to all the insufferable RLM side-talk that was polluting the RLM-Classic thread.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Everybody watch out because the next decade of hollywood schlock is gonna beeeeeeeeeeeee

*spins the wheel*

Detective movies!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh and there's an emoji movie coming out August 2017. And of course the poop emoji is going to feature.

I don't know who any of these emoji's are so they done hosed up.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

Who's this beard guy? He's ok, I guess.

You and I and everyone else in this thread are the beard guy.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

I thought we were all the bald video game twiggy guy.

Its complicated. Bald guy is the 'light side' of this thread and fat beard man is the 'dark side'.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

dreezy posted:

hello, it is me. I'm the dumb baby who doesn't watch the josh videos and I've never felt more alive.

Unlike the other thread this thread is a safe space to hate whomever you wanna hate except Jay and Rich Evans.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
on the last pre-rec live-

"Can you squeeze supergirl's boobs or are they like iron?" - Rich Evans

Jack and Karen weigh in.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Now I want to see a Scottish version of RLM

"Ey' there ya wee lass susan let's talk about some moovies"

*Fills pint with frothy beer*

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Look I use RLM as surrogate friendship and sometimes your friends come over and wanna talk about some really dumb poo poo that they just barely learned about on the internet and the polite thing to do is to just let them get it out of their system and get back to what made you friends in the first place.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

Is space cop actually funny/worth seeing?

not really. Its okay if you're bored.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The concept of snot and the concept of cereal flakes are both totally doable shows but the show popularizing soccer among americans is loving impossible.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

powerful sex moves posted:

I also own the RLM Archive Collection, Feeding Frenzy, The Recovered and a copy of Oranges: The Revenge of Eggplant that I got on Ebay because it's out of print. AMA (about mental illness).

You should invest in Stocks instead of Frauds.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

FedEx Mercury posted:

Sony hit the bottom of the barrel years ago and they are desperate, they are scraping off the resin from the bottom and mashing it desperately into box offices.

Please stop reminding me of my own life tia

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If hollywood would just divide up those millions and give 150 gamblers a million dollars each they'd probably make their money back I don't know statistics enough to be sure tho.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

PreRec is watching two morons with inflated egos acting like they are hot poo poo with important opinions about video games and everything else, while they aggressively suck.

You should feel bad if you have been suckered into watching more than a couple of those videos where the focus isn't on Jay.

I..... I feel bad.... :smith:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Krinkle posted:

Which one was that? When you people talk about pre rec are you talking about the live ones? Are the boring long live ones saved? I don't know how twitch works.

So Pre-Rec splits it content. On twitch you will find pre-rec live videos which are generally Jack and Rich being boring as gently caress and playing games they are awful at.

On Youtube from time to time they will do a discussion of a game they have played for review purposes and both will state their opinion on the game/games as a whole.

Otherwise Youtube just gets pre-rec-live's sloppy seconds.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag/episode-1/

This was over five years ago! You're getting old!

Check out how weird the set looks not completely covered in empty beer bottles.

More stuff to come in this space when I come up with more hot takes on this episode.

Edit- Mike isn't comfortable making eye contact with the camera. lol.

I forgot George Lucas shows up at the end

Spoilered for anyone who hasn't seen it because obviously we don't want even the slimmest chance that the greater narrative of Half in the Bag be compromised.

reignofevil fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Oct 21, 2016

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Not just any Death Star but the exact same Death Star we saw at the end of Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith and also in Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope. The smallest and shittiest Death Star!

They just can't get enough of that Death Star.

Who the gently caress wants to write "the death star 2" or "the second death star" a million times in one script?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

temple posted:

Episode 8:

Lightsaber isn't reflecting the laser bolts 1/10.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

Another thing I found silly in that Plinkett video was the complaint that TFA merch was everywhere; was that not the case for the OT?

I think he is trying to make an inverse correlation between how much cheap plastic crap is shoved into the movie at a time and how much quality the movie has as a work of art.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Chucat posted:

The fact he's not in the semi-invincible ball form during the Sonic 2 part of the "I'm getting hit while going fast!" montage is driving me insane.

Also him going loving insane over getting hit and not dying is loving weird as well.

As the unofficial guardian of previously recorded lore let me just say that millions of angry nerds have made the knowledge of the semi-invincible ball form apparent to Jack and Rich and their response was "it turns out we're hacks".

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntu-JYijTl8

here you go

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

temple posted:

So the alien doesn't have eye sight? Srs question

Okay because somehow this didn't summon Xenomorph into the thread I'll try to answer as best I can like a responsible thread mother.

In the very first aliens you can almost-sorta see some empty skull-sockets under the aliens head (or at least I read this on wikipedia) so to me that implies that there was thought toward the aliens being able to see even in the first movie.

Fast-forward to the pretty-good movie Alien 3 and its very clear that the alien can 100% see because we get a shot from its perspective and it has this weird fisheye thing going on. Though this alien is from either a dog or a space-ox depending on which version of the movie you saw and so maybe in the game Alien Isolation (which is of course the artwork in which the alien from your question was featured and thus your question pertains to) there were no dogs or oxen around in which case we don't really have definitive proof that the alien encountered by Jack and Rich had eyesight.

Naturally TriGGLetyPlay considered all of this when he wrote his insightful comment.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I base all of my video game judgements on two thousand and six common era and in that year if you played the latest mario game you did alright and if you played sonic you still bear the scars.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

dsriggs posted:

They just HAD to give him the little hat too, didn't they?

Now i'm gonna get spergy and say this hat doesn't even make sense because the brim doesn't even go over his gigantic loving nose. If you wear a hat in the desert you want that poo poo to provide as much coverage from the sun as possible.

:argh: lucassssssssss!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Begun; the race war has.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Paladinus posted:

I am half-Jewish and Watto from Star Wars doesn't offend me one bit. In fact, the Holocaust is probably slightly above 3 on my 0 to 10 offensiveness scale. Watto is barely 0.1.

What would be a 10

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
You know what? I think people saying Watto sucks because he is a dumb sterotype and the people who are saying that Watto wasn't even a noticeable factor in a movie as loving abysmal as Episode 1 the Phantom Menace are both 100% correct :unsmith:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

oohhboy posted:

Why are you bothered to post about it?

This is the thread for really angry drunks.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I liked Rey well enough but I hated Kylo Ren every second he was on screen since he took his big dumb mask off.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

temple posted:

Rey being a mary sue isn't the end of the world. The more people argue against it the more it sounds bad. Just enjoy the movies. If other people don't, get over it.

But then how am I supposed to keep myself alive with hate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Light Gun Man posted:

Jedi are pretty much going into Mary Sue territory in general anyway. Oh they are cool swordfighters and they can move things with their mind and they can do mild mind control and also they are all apparently badass pilots too and space cops while simultaneously being important members of a mysterious organization that's lasted for centuries and oh also they can never love so they are always conflicted blah blah it's the same poo poo. It's just part of the setting.

Then you got fuckin Kyle Katarn making em all look like idiots while simultaneously having even more skills and yet being more likable.

One thing to consider though is that when the series began it seems like somebody was around to say "hey people don't just learn stuff without someone at least telling them a bit about it" and now that the series is very popular and makes a lot of money it seems somehow they can't afford to keep paying that person.

a shame.

• Locked thread