Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Daddy's Cummies

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

a bone to pick posted:

I agree with their opinions on every video game, for instance Alien: Isolation was a boring slog to get through.

Alien Isolation is dumb garbage and DOOM is the best game ever, so I agree with 100% of the prerecs I've seen.

Cum.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

dreezy posted:

great, now this rlm thread is infected with stupid video game chat just like the last one. bugger you video game nerds!

Look, this is GBS. It's either cumchat or nerds getting mad at games.

The only thing that makes this thread stand out is we laboriously rank the RLMs every other day or two. Then it's back to cumchat and nerds getting mad at games.

Rich is best, cum, DOOM is the best game ever.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Anyone wanna talk about Metal Gear?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The "which Star Wars characters are gay" reel was hilarious.

Also making fun of Cinema Sins, Screen Junkies, Nostalgia Critic, Schmoes Know, Kevin Smith, Jeremy Jahns, etc. will never get old.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

reignofevil posted:

One time I watched a shells shells shells (edit- apparently this isnt his name. It stays.) video and then I made a joke on twitter and he actually responded.

That oughta tell you everything you need to know.

Same but I quoted someone calling Jeremy Jahns "criticism easy mode" and he blocked me instantly.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I think he's saying that if you make a mean joke some retarded anime nazi online will be like "yay one of us" and then you have to tell them to gently caress entirely off because altright faggots are too gay to not be retarded and don't understand irony.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Mr. Plinkett please do timecube next.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

new phone who dis posted:

If those two dudes end up being gay it's going to be the most insufferable goddamn thing ever as every poo poo person out there inevitably chains their sense of self-worth to it.

If Finn and Poe kiss I'm going to run for senate and spend every waking moment fighting to ban the internet, but secretly I'll find it adorable.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The two stormtroopers who peace out when Rylo Ken is throwing a huge diaper hissy is legit good as hell and the good kind of levity necessary in silly space operas.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Gammatron 64 posted:

The problem with it is that Back to the Future actually is better than the Star Wars trilogy, because BTTF is the best trilogy period

BttF isn't even good.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mulaney Power Move posted:

now if you want to see something really embarrassing, check out the last few pages of CD.

I tried. Jesus, it's getting worse.

This was a good post, though.

Vegg220 posted:

Outside of this carefully curated clown terrarium...

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mordja posted:

He ate 6 hours for it. :lol:

:patriot: Godspeed.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I was 19. The consensus on the ancient message boards of the time was that TPM was terrible but now that that's out of the way ep 2 would be good.

Then loving EVERYONE hated AotC across the much larger internet.

By 2005 the internet was ubiquitous and the entirety of the internet again thought AotC was the worst loving movie ever, but initially everyone seemed to like RotS because it was darker and actually had stuff happening.

It was a few months later that the high wore off and generally everyone considered the whole trilogy to be poo poo and the next 8 years were a collective exasperated cry for Lucas to eat a bag of dicks and release the original trilogy, unfucked, and to pass the torch to someone else.

Then Disney bought Star Wars and everyone panicked but thought we'd get the unfucked OT.

Then the TFW trailer came out and now we're in the worst possible alternate timeline where we still don't have the OT, the new movie is just meh, horrible loving nerds think the prequels are good, the field of 21 presidential candidates whittled down to two worst, the cool black president didn't legalize weed, and Deadpool was good while Batman vs Superman was a loving crime against entertainment.

I want to Butterfly Effect myself back to like June 2015 before this poo poo completely went off the rails and choose the timeline that's not hot piss.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

JediTalentAgent posted:

I think that's maybe one of the reasons that whenever a movie thread starts up in GBS or something that they seem to do pretty well. People seem to be a lot more casual (for the most part) about film talk in other forums, even when they disagree.

The Batman v Superman GBS thread was really chill and funny because anyone without brain damage knows that was a loving terrible movie.

The loving CineD thread was a daisy chain of stupidity not seen on these forums since the keto diet thread in W&W ended up with a teenager being put on statins because he only ate bacon grease and cheese.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Kept waiting for these hack frauds to mention that Deadpool was the runaway ultra-mega-success of the year but they didn't because Disney paid them off to not speak positively about Fox-owned Marvel properties and also because it wasn't a summer movie.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Demolition Man is the third greatest movie of all time, just behind Total Recall and Predator.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
TINY CANADIAN :nyan::pcgaming::yosbutt::wooper:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'll never stop being amazed at the endless king kong and universal monsters and tarzan and hercules reboots that fail spectacularly but no one will give Guillermo Del Toro money because his bigger and more ambitious movies underperform in the US but make their money back in Asia and home video.

Sony will spend $600,000,000 on Ghostbusters but won't bankroll Pacific Rim 2 or Mountains of Madness because the $100M movie might only do $80M domestically.

How are these idiots saying "oh that's too risky" while pouring the GDP of midsized African nations into loving Ben Hur, Gods of Egypt, and Ghostbusters?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

reignofevil posted:

If hollywood would just divide up those millions and give 150 gamblers a million dollars each they'd probably make their money back I don't know statistics enough to be sure tho.

Whoever made Ben Hur could have literally put it all on red at a roulette table and that 50/50 chance would have been better odds than thinking someone in 2016 would want to watch a lovely CGI Ben Hur with nameless actors.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
gently caress anyone who doesn't want to see Donnie Yen as a blind jedi.

gently caress anyone who doesn't want to see Donnie Yen in literally anything.

Shinjobi posted:

Rogue One is going to be a weird movie. I can't honestly say I'm the slightest bit excited for it.

This is the first I've been excited for.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Really wishing this film series based on classic war movies, serials, westerns, and old samurai flicks didn't have tropes in it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Buschmaki posted:

I'd just like to see a black character who isn't a stereotype, sorry massah

I, too, am sick of seeing black actors only getting roles as cyborg jedi freedom fighters.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
As a liberal, I totally agree that the lead role, someone who grew up without a father to become a criminal, should have gone to a black man.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Adventures of young Lando is the only spinoff I want to see.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

oohhboy posted:

Everybody is funnier wasted, just don't go purple hands level of drinking.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Jay likes loving pineapple on pizza.

That piece of poo poo is dead to me now.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Rubellavator posted:

Somebody find that jack packinghard pic from months ago thanks

I remember it being a rainy, peaceful day and I was sitting in my car finishing a smoke before I went into Dunkin to get a coffee when I first saw that my prediction was correct that Jack had epic meat.

It was an American Spirit and the coffee was a large iced with milk and two splenda.

I'll be damned if I can remember anything about any significant holidays of the last ten years, though.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Infidel Castro posted:

I'm pretty sure he said this just to piss everyone off.

Much like Jack's enormous hog that sired two children, it worked.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Trunko posted:

everyday i dream that i wasnt demodded so i could gad this thread and ban every poster

Gassing fun threads full of cool and handsome posters and banning said sexy, chill peeps is why SA is dying.

Relax, friend. This is a place of love.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Stranger Things is great unless you're a human being killjoy with a stick up his rear end dying to be counterculture.

Enjoy your stupid black scarf and overpriced coffee, you didn't-actually-read-Ulysses-rear end bitch nerd.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I was suspicious of Armageddon being a Criterion film...

But loving Boyhood?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The van flip was cooler than anything in any post-Tim Burton comic book movie.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

WampaLord posted:

Sorry, if you post in this thread you're not allowed to like things, you must remain above it all and act like everything is trash.

gently caress movies.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I watched Blair Witch.

I'm basically Gandhi.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Guy that threw a tantrum because he couldn't use slave labor to make his lovely show is thrilled to work for literal slave owners.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
A movie about a dog learning the way of the samurai, but it turns out he's a ghost.

Call it "SCair Bud: Ronin Retriever".

Light Gun Man posted:

Gremlins 2 is retarded and I love it for it

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
KRAMPUS is still the best Christmas movie.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

I think Clementine is the prettiest robot :3:

I want the snake tattoo robot to choke me to death while Ted rides me cowboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Josh had one good scripted joke and it was in the Exorcist 2 BOTW where they're in the credits and he does the snl announcer voice "starring Richard Burton... Muuuuusical guest Ned Beatty"

So out of like 30 hours of screentime he's had one very good scripted joke versus literally everything national treasure Rich Evans says or does is loving amazing.

• Locked thread