Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

hard counter posted:

there's more than one way to make a successful film and maybe there was too much focus on gb16 making different decisions from gb84 than there was on gb16 making bad decisions, like the whole gimmick of there only being tightly written sci fi/comedy with no room for improv is a separate thing to say from fegi just being a con artist who whiffed hard on a film or the film having horrible technical issues in editing, and the kind of commentary that gb84 only happened thanks to a perfect storm didn't need to be included because you can dissect that travesty without saying unnecessary poo poo

if that's a misterbibs' tier comment then i gotta say maybe he's maligned for no reason but i really don't want to loving say that

Your whole argument here is that a film that
- Made shitloads of money
- Critically successful
- Is one of the most popular and beloved movies ever
- Makes shitzillions of dollars in merch and rereleases annually 30 years later

... isn't "lightning in a bottle". A term that means that there's no formula to recreate these circumstances.

Your argument is literally "any movie could be the runaway success that Ghostbusters was, but they just choose not to be because reasons".

Because if it can't be replicated at will... that's literally the definition of lightning in a bottle.

So yes, that's MisterBibs levels of being retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Goons (TCC especially) have so many documented insanely stupid adventures I honestly wouldn't be surprised if half of the abandoned accounts on this site were owned by goons who died in ridiculous self-inflicted ways but their families never made a dead guy post.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mordja posted:

Which Sony executive's dick do I gotta suck to make them greenlight Something Awful: The Movie?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Start shopping around an indie based on Doobie's Doghouse.

Make it a loosely tied together anthology film like Trick or Treat.

Do Doobie's, the killer zipline, the Hawaiian slave camp, Groverhaus, and the TCC eyeballing dead guy. And micro-vignettes for Mr. Water, Microwave's mom, and the W&W statins kid.

e: and the firing range killer and the LF guy getting the secret service to show up at Lowtax's house so he can have a cameo

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

WampaLord posted:

I kinda hated statins goon for making low carb seem really dumb and goony for a long time, there's a healthy way to do it and I lost 60 pounds thanks to low carb without eating pure bacon grease or anything disgusting like that.

It's funny, because if you go into YLLS, they'll still tell you to avoid carbs as much as possible, they just won't call it low carb.

It's pretty funny that an entire subforum confused "eat clean, lots of greens and protein, avoid sugar and flour" with "eat cheese until you age your body 35 years in 3 months".

Incredible, really.

Especially when, as usual, FYAD was the voice of reason predicting that loving moron mod was going to get someone killed.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Las Mandix

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
lmao

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

communism bitch posted:

You're surprised that a forum populated exclusively by 18-40 year old computer touchers only talks about super hero moopies?

It's like book barn, a literature forum that only talks about fantasy and scifi novels.

Theyre trash.

Well we had a forum that discussed a lot of German and Russian and Chinese literature but then the Secret Service showed up.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Everything Whedon has ever done was bad except for Cabin in th Woods which he co-wrote.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

WampaLord posted:

No, Buffy and Angel both have amazing episodes, and the bulk of his work is definitely good, overall.

Whedon power rankings:

1. Dr Horrible
2. Firefly (only like 1 bad episode, the one with the hookers)
3. Buffy (only like 1 or 2 bad seasons, mostly great)
4. Angel (more hit or miss, but the hits are amazing, like the puppet episode)
5. Avengers 1
6. Dollhouse (mostly misses, but the Epitaph 1/2 eps were great)
7. Avengers 2

These things are all extremely bad. HTH.

Blind Sally posted:

Whedon wrote the screenplays for Toy Story and Titan AE

He got a writing credit for the part of the script in like 1992 when Woody was a homicidal sociopath. Everything he wrote got incinerated in the final draft because he sucks.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Aug 14, 2017

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

JT Smiley posted:

The worst thing about anything I like are all the people that trip over themselves to let you know they don't like it. Also known as the Just Agree With Me effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

corn in the bible posted:

The Reb Brown captain america where he owned a panel van and didn't fight people

In the future you can just say "the good one".

• Locked thread