Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Trip Report: The Void is dumb and it's just weird tentacles and poo poo just for the sake of tentacles and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The only actual factual job is that of inspector detector.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Man, this thread just made me realize we will one day get a jar jar prequel. That makes me profoundly sad.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

SpacePig posted:

Wasn't Jar Jar a loser even by Gungan standards before the Jedi showed up? Wasn't that the reason he was on the surface?

Yep! Can't you wait for an entire prequel to detail exactly how that happened?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Baronjutter posted:

I couldn't enjoy pacific rim because the whole movie I'm like "Why don't they adapt some of these robot-mounted weapons onto tanks or ships or planes and just have a much more effective conventional military". Spent the entire movie with a million "why don't they just..." questions using the films own internal logic. The opening act was fun, charlie day is a treat, but like Transformers it just became a bunch of noisy metal and meat.

No alloys!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The fact that they didn't have a giant katana instead pulled me out of the movie.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
God dammit, I saw the link and thought up a clever remark but it actually doesn't look that bad.

Trabandiumium posted:

is that set in the shadowrun universe

Legally no. But yes, it totally is.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

violent sex idiot posted:

kind of weird that noted extremely white rich man max landis wrote a story thats about racism but w/e

Don't worry, the young white children of today have several different options for being discriminated against.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I heard it was supposed to be Shadowrun but the rights owners held out for too much cash so Netflix told them to get hosed.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

a bone to pick posted:

Uhh the movie looks bad, guys.

Are the people getting hyped for the orc movie the same people who were hyped for valerian?

I look forward to watching it on Netflix when it comes out, since it will cost me nothing.

I'm honestly a little worried how many movies Netflix had to promise to give Jaden in exchange for Will Smith saying fairy lives don't matter on camera though.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
All I know about Valerian is it's the dude who made Fifth Element, and it's not part of, or the launch of, an Extended (TM) Cinematic Universe (C) which was more than enough for my to want it to succeed. gently caress you guys.

Nah I haven't seen it.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

WampaLord posted:

Editing killed Suicide Squad.

Giving the quirky clown lady a baseball bat to defend the earth from cosmic alien threats was actually a totally sound and reasonable premise. It must have just been the editing.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

WampaLord posted:

I mostly wanted to share that video, cause it's good. I'm well aware that movie had plenty of other issues.

This is fair. It's a good video that made be subscribe to that guy.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
97% of movies that come out;
Goons: Uh, it's just this recycled loving garbage again. Reboots and sequels and cinematic universes are the worst why is this all the comes out?

3% of movies that come out;
Goons: :smuggo: :smuggo: Oh look, an unknown property, how quaint. :smuggo: :smuggo: It's so obvious this would fail how could anyone be so retarded as you go watch this movie? :smuggo: :smuggo:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I just watched that 9/11 trailer and I still refuse to believe it exists. Is this what it's like to be a 9/11 truther?

Is death lady in Thor 3 the same death lady that Thanos has a purple chub for?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
If you want some WW2 era semi fictional stuff I really recommend the gently caress out of Manhattan. Both seasons were excellent... all 7 of us who actually watched the show agree :negative: Why WGN of all networks spent a ton of money on this project will forever remain a mystery, but I'm glad they did. It's not actual combat stuff though, it takes place almost entirely in New Mexico.

Opening credits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fV5WNudPPU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Who could say no to those sexy deer antlers.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
That's not Josh though. If he thinks your hilarious jokes during a comedy video are getting in the way of his detailed retelling of the plot of a terrible movie, he's gonna tell you about it. And don't even get him started on you wasting his Sunday man.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Is he really though? When it's your first movie and you're like 10 what do you even earn for that? I seriously doubt he got an residuals, that's pretty rare in Hollywood right?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Untitled Han Solo Movie is absolutely gonna make the Kessel Run line a factual statement instead of bullshiting potential clients, isn't it?

The Untitled Han Solo Movie is eventually going to be titled Kessel: A Star Wars Story

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Hey yug, congrats on like a good movie, but please hurry up and earn your next probe for being a martyr or an example of political bias or whatever other dumb reason you have. If you really wanna show the hypocrisy of the mods maybe try and make it a month this time?

Feel free to compliment me on my meltdown on the subject, but remember it'd be much more poignant if you got a probated AV immediately afterwards.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm looking forward to the next trend in pretentious filmmaking; going back to silent films.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Me an my friends recently watched The Room and now want to try a Niel Breen moopie. Which one would be a good one to start with?

You need to first ask yourself, how important is it that you see Niel Breen's ballsack?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
lol, just lol if you don't think the RLM crew could all pick each other's ballsacks out of a lineup

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I tried a few of Jenny's early screen junkies stuff, but it was so, so very awful. I also resent it because she posts way less on her own channel now. Has it gotten better, maybe upgraded to only pretty bad?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

bloom posted:

But there's actual cool&good chinese and indian movies, why do they love Transformers so much?

It's my understand that a ton of nuance gets lost in the translation. Like a really clever joke with a few minutes of setup isn't going to work. But the fat lady farts and falls down, that works in any language. Same with lovely quips and cgi and every else that sucks about movies today. At this point the rest of the world probably just associates Hollywood movies with that kind of poo poo, the way we associate Bollywood movies with giant extravagant musicals.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

JB50 posted:

Ya I was camping this weekend and went to take a dump in the flushable toilet area and the water that went into the toilets looked yellow like that. I flushed it because I thought someone pissed in it and didnt flush, but it just refilled with yellowish water. Either from a well or rusty pipes I imagine.

Probably a grey water system, but you don't usually bathe in that.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

KakerMix posted:

Jay simply said Colin picked it, he didn't deny seeing it before or having copies or even that the copy they watched could have been Jay's.

Yeah, Colin picked it, but I don't think he's foolhardy enough to try and get a physical copy through customs.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Sad to hear about the Dark Tower. Probably going to see it anyways because the two leads are so amazing.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I watched the Ghost in the Shell movie that nobody in the world saw. It wasn't really bad. The twist is dumb as gently caress but the production design is good and Takeshi Kitano owns in literally anything he's in so that's good.

Is that the old dude with the revolver? As a non animu, he was the only part of the movie I really liked.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Yug posted:

Pubg is fun as hell and pre rec sucks.

This is the single least surprising post in the entire 548 page thread.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Rotacixe posted:

It is a simple brawling game for teenagers.

Yug posted:

Pubg is fun as hell and pre rec sucks.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

RedSpider posted:

Ghostbusters was a lovely movie, and mocking it never gets old.

The only joy still to be wrung out of this poo poo is seeing the "I unironically love this movie just cause it pisses off the trolls so much" types crawl out of the woodwork for one last suck at Sony's corporate dick in the name of empowering women.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I enjoyed that review. I guess it was 'unnecessary' but RLM made a thing that was funny and that's kinda their whole deal so good on them. I hope Fiega gets links to this tweeted to him 10,000 times a day until he comments on it.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Everyone in Hollywood does the whole "Oh my god it's such an honor to work with [every single other person in Hollywood] they're such an amazing talented blah loving blah" but there are a few people who take it do a new, higher level of transparent, obvious bullshit. Fegi and Andrew Garfield are the worst offenders that I can think of right now.

Occasionally someone will be honest and it's always refreshing and great to hear. Will Smith, like 15 years later, finally got to poo poo on Wild West a bit, because it was 15 years old and he's Will Smith, what are you gonna do about it? Patton Oswalt's famous stories about shooting Blade 3, starring Wesley Snipes Blade, and the best is the commentary Frakes and Sirtis did for Star Trek: Insurrection where they got drunk and just poo poo on every aspect of the movie the whole time.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Now that I think about it, I'm a little surprised they didn't mention Rich's take on the film, which is that they're literally shooting the ghostbusters logo in the balls at the end, and that sums up their opinion of the original movies, fans of the original movies, and the franchise as a whole.

PostNouveau posted:

I think Mike was intentionally missing the joke of the tour at the beginning.

There was a joke?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Remember when that joyless turd got banned and there was a huge revolt from his fanboys and they started arguing over who was gonna be the one to pay to reup his account?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Someone should replace the images with Jar Jar and some sort of representation of the GB16 queef joke, to more accurately represent the modern CD Forums.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Isn't Alex Baldwin like if the worst libertarian and the worst young earth creationist you could find and they had a baby and that baby was raised an anti vaxxer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Firefly was a lot better when it first aired and felt really original. Which explains why over the last 15 years or whatever every show has ripped off every idea Firefly had, so now it feels hackneyed and unoriginal.

Also, Whedon wrote a great 2 hour pilot and filmed it, but then Fox said gently caress you and your show, now you have to write an entirely new opening episode and try to reintroduce all your characters and premise a second time, but it still has to make sense chronologically after the pilot in case we change our mind later. That's how we got the train robbery episode. Considering the circumstances it was pretty good.

• Locked thread