Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I can't believe I ever defended Jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

gently caress off Luke Cage, I got things to do.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

For a bunch of guys that have spent so long making sure I know how much they don't care about millennial internet commentators , they sure put out a solid hour debunking millennial internet commentators.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

In a Hollywood where male and female lead characters sharing a scene always form into a romantic relationship, I don't get calling Ray and Finn having a platonic relationship a failure of originality or risk-taking. It was pretty much my favorite aspect of the movie - character-wise.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Milky Moor posted:

It's because Disney plays the diversity card but won't let a white girl kiss a black man or a black man kiss a latino man. It feels sterile.

It's why 'diverse' relationships in media tend to always be a white man with a minority woman. It's rare to see anything that isn't that.

Jessica Jones hosed Luke Cage, I mean that's just one example, but it's not like it's a new frontier. Even this review points out how it was controversial in the 60s. It's happened countless times since then, that it's not even a hot button issue in and of itself. Happened in Dexter - poo poo I dunno, just off the top of my head. I didn't get the impression that that was a barrier that still needed to be crossed to avoid ridicule for being a spineless production.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Grondoth posted:

Why develop characters? Just have them do things!

"Can't we just know they drove there?"

Also, R2D2 is the Mary Sue in these movies.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

'To hook your dying pre-mi up to turtles, press one.' - Mike Stoklassa

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I hope they review Passengers

Because Chris Pratt's character is basically some combination of a murderer-rapist-kidnapper. But because he's a lovable, 'duh duh' idiot, it's played off as a forgivable slip-up. I've always wondered how scenes in movies would feel different if the bad guy was on screen but without the sinister music playing, and I guess that's what this movie was.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

http://i.imgur.com/QoHnMqr.gifv

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

WampaLord posted:

Oh my god they bring it to work to open?

Uh, it's called "un-crating"?

I admire Rich's commitment to physical comedy almost costing them thousands of dollars.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

lmao

Rich's lady friend doesn't really like games, and isn't funny, so I didn't get why she was there. Although, she might be the only person that can cut through Rich's forcefield of overconfidence in his own opinions - other than Mike who just emotionally batters him.

Plus they're kind of cute with the 'I love you's. It's like she's thawed his ice ogre heart - just a bit.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

WampaLord posted:

They were doing an experiment, let someone who doesn't play games play The Stanley Parable.

It failed, but it's not hard to understand why she was there and why she was bad at games.

I meant more so in general. She's one every other steam of theirs.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Rich lookin good with that haircut. He's gonna have his own Jay-type transformation.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Sydney Bottocks posted:

This, except exactly the opposite

:same:

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Got Jay on pre-rec tonight.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Yeah it's rough. Plus Jay being there gives Rich an excuse to not communicate, so it's bitter sweet.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

reignofevil posted:

Where do I have to go to get to say things like "actually this character is immoral and should be first to die" in Hollywood.

Where did I hear - maybe it's bullshit - that American Big Brother sucked because Americans vote off people they felt deserved it; whereas other countries voted off the least entertaining people.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Rich v Wizard on pre-rec wrestlemania. Hatred burning beyond controoollll.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Aside from all the objective reasons to hate Josh, Somethingawful.com hates Josh because he's exactly as funny and interesting as your average goon. It's like projection, and it's so close it clashes. He's the giggly, red-faced, overserious mirror held up to us all.

Captain Lavender fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 17, 2017

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

There are 2 things to watch Pre-Rec for:

1. Jay or Small Canadian visits.
2. Rich losing his poo poo on the chat constantly.
- The other day, with venom, he called someone it chat a moron for saying that the timer in Dead Rising 1 disincentivized exploration.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Grevling posted:

If Josh shaved, he would look identical to Mike. He's Mike's twin brother Josh Stoklasa. That's why he doesn't shave his mamgy beard.

*Plinkett voice* - "But what you didn't know is how loving wrong you were!!!"

Captain Lavender fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 24, 2017

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Rich being interviewed after his first prank call, comments on how he can never accomplish it again - before the Don/Dan Wilson prank call. And long before 'taskbar, flashbar, wubba wubba'...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVb2X3DvO20&t=2270s

Interesting if true

edit: This interview feels after that time, so maybe it's not true, idk.

Captain Lavender fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 2, 2017

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Finally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwjvBCP-UcU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Rich and Jack are doing a best of the worst - video game edition, starring 1-2 Switch.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

That commercial of chucklefucks playing the game? That WAS the game.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Schweinhund posted:

it's contempt for their audience, totally understandable

To preface: Rich does have contempt for the audience, and it's pretty deserved.

But game stream audiences like that poo poo. They like just whatever is filmed, and not only tolerate it, but demand it. I saw Vinesauce had 4000 people watching him grind one Castlevania enemy for over an hour. I saw a guy fly a plane to the north pole in Kerbal Space Program, which took 2 hours, because all his followers begged him not to edit it for time.

It's just a happy coincidence that Rich's hatred of his audience marries well with what they crave.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I'm really get a kick out of the fact that my local theater is wasting two screens on The Great Wall to accommodate the 3D version.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

BexGu posted:

Any word if Rich and Jack are going to do a Pre-Rec on Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild? I loved their commentary on Legend of Zelda 2: Link Adventure and would be fun to see what they say about Breath of the Wild.

They said they filmed it yesterday.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Squashing Machine posted:

gently caress god no, these things already come out slowly enough that losing one to that rainbow-haired bitch is too much for this marine to bear

Maybe he'll bring Ma Cau Cau along.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I said that about Josh once, tongue-in-cheek. I can't stand the guy.

But man, if there's a goon in that group, it's him.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Guy Goodbody posted:

People complain about anime or Star Wars chat, but anything is preferable to the same loving conversation about which RLM Boy you don't like over and over again for a million loving years.

Disagree.

1. Mike
2. Rich
3. Collin
4. Gillian
5. Jay/Jessi
6. Len Kabasinski
7. Jack/Large Canadian
8. Max Landis
9. Freddie Williams 2
[Space reserved for every other guest, past and future]
X. Josh

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Her HitB performance won me over.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Collin is small Canadian, yes. Gillian is their friend from Texas, she was in Feeding Frenzy, and one ep each of HitB and Botw (Crazy Fat Ethel 2, Psycho from Texas)

And upon review, I put Jessi with or right above her. Wampa Lord was right.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

This just in:

Rich: We are in an editing glut. 3 Re: Views in the can?
Jack: ...6 videos in the can
Rich: 2 best of the worsts?

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I'm not really into Vice Principals after a few eps

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Space Taxi posted:

Rich you freeloading slacker. Learn to edit and get to work. Nobody cares about your stupid wheels and plinketto boards.

Rich contributes.

Too soon, I see, we've forgotten about 'Christmas or Crocodile'.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah I know that, the post was just badly worded.

What about "I hope they watch it, considering how much they liked it" is unclear to you?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to watch Logan for the first time - it's one of my favorite moves of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Speaking of dicks, did you guys notice how often they went out of their way to make sure we knew that Stephen Hawking's dick worked in The Theory of Everything? It was at least 3.

• Locked thread