Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I think it should've been split up, cause the first two bits aren't about TFA itself, but about adjacent topics. I liked both of those bits, but they kinda detracted from the TFA stuff to the point where the nitpicks weren't as obviously funny as they could've been cause there were already digressions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Randarkman posted:

I think it's great that little girls want to dress up as an officer in a genocidal fascist organization who has no character outside of her costume and dies by getting thrown in the garbage

It worked for Boba Fett

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Andro Dunos posted:

I'm kind of surprised Mike didn't point out how Rey is basically a Mary Sue character who is good at everything, even force tricks, without any training.

It's cause he hopes her character arc will be interesting and explore why she's doing all these things she shouldn't. I imagine he'll be mad when that doesn't happen.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Do we really need a training sequence? Can we just kinda move on to something more interesting?

Why develop characters? Just have them do things!

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

spooky like this! posted:

I read an article earlier this year about how the Chinese box office is a real house of cards that is constantly in danger of collapsing. Lots of instances where someone buys a ticket to movie A but the theater says instead they bought a ticket to movie B because that one is being pushed by the people who own the studio that did co-production, because they also own the theater chain.

Hmm, that doesn't line up with the Chinese business practices I'm familiar with.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

Star wars universe is pretty hosed up with it's racial caste system, hereditary rulers of a warrior cult having judge dredd like powers over the galaxy, and fully sentient robots treated as property.

I thought I liked Star Wars until I realized that the only things I liked about it I made up myself

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

They made shirts that said I Rebel on them?

That line wasn't in the movie. They cut that line from the movie. That was a shirt made about a trailer.

I fuckin' think movies suck, guys

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

RLM iS VARY BAD AT REVIEWING MOVIES

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 22, 2017

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

100% agree. I almost wanted to cry when I realised the majority of Doctor Strange would be another loving marvel origin movie. Then like five minutes of it is set in the cool trippy plane. What a total waste.

How much of Dr. Strange is him talking to things with names like Raggadorr and Ikthalon and Watoomb?

It's not much of it is it.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

dreezy posted:

I think that got scrapped because max landis is a little bitch boy.

Max Passed Thru their lives, huh

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
It's not nearly that mean

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The time scale is incredible.

Yo TOY STORY was 20 years ago, does anyone call it an ancient movie? Do most species in star wars live like 5 years, and humans are elves or some poo poo?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Ah gently caress I'm watching Pre-Recorded

The gently caress'd you fucks do to me

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

priznat posted:

I liked how prerec calls out games like superhot for the pretentious bullshit that they are.

You can shoot a bullet to block a bullet in that game. The framing is a little wonky, but the gameplay is fun as heck.

Man these video game opinions... man...

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

They probably think they'll get more women to see it if they pitch it as a romance

I guarantee that's what they were thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Space Taxi posted:

Nerd counterculture right up until you start laughing at phoney female geeks. THAT'S NOT FUNNY.

calling people fake geeks is nerd culture

• Locked thread