Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

8 track betamax posted:

I guess everyman is intitled to an opinion but its weird when a lady loosed weight in her tumtum but the bosom and hips stay overly large....

that's the ideal outcome of losing weight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus, how many comic book shirts can one man have?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I like the Quantum Break and Sonic episodes of pre-rec :blush:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I agree with their opinions on every video game, for instance Alien: Isolation was a boring slog to get through.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Jack is great and I sing the pee pee poo poo song every day.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

RyokoTK posted:

Let's Plays where the LPer reads the text are goddamn cancerous.

Vinesauce is great though

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I think I'd rather talk about Jay's cum viscosity rather than the artistic qualities of a videogame.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I loved "Cinema Smegma" and "Movie Cum Dumpster".

Also spraying diarrhea at the end was funny, I'm a simple man.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Wait.... Finn is BLACK????

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I think its important that he nipped the prequels nostalgia in the bud right now before the internet lets it fester. One of my friends thinks the prequels are better than the classic trilogy and it makes me sick.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

Your friend might have brain troubles

Well his reasoning is the exact same poo poo Plinkett was saying, more lightsabers, more action, newer special effects etc. Not exactly the type of guy that knows jack poo poo about good movies but I wonder if most younger people who were born in the mid to early 90s feel this way.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I would agree that LotR was our generation's Star Wars, but yes, he loved the Hobbit movies. Not even my hardcore Tolkien-nerd friends like the Hobbit.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Chill la Chill posted:

I've only watched RLM relatively recently and only as a youtube channel. There's a website? :psyduck:

It's the only place you can watch Gamestation 2.0

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
As an American, there are too many vegetables on that 'za to be considered American.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
someone pointed out that Jay is dop-dead sexy and now I can't stop thinking about his cummies.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I highly enjoy the mission impossible movies (besides the second one) and pretty much everything Cruise is in, I don't like him as a person but I love his movies.

I somewhat agree with Mike and Jay when they say his movies are great despite him, not because of him.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

taco_fox posted:

as long as Plinkett was droning on about dumb fan theories, he should have debunked the Mary Sue thing too

He probably didn't because its true.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Sarah Connor is about as far from a Mary Sue as you can possibly get, in the first movie at least.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
She's a Mary Sue, so is Tom Cruise in most of his movies, so are most protagonists in most action movies today.

Just because it has become normalized doesn't mean its a good thing.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Junkfist posted:

Rey is a Mary Sue.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
None of these complaints would be valid if they had like one little scene showing her using the force when scavenging, like force pulling a piece of junk towards her or using the force to swing on her rope to grab some junk.

Like just set up that she was aware of the force in some way and instantly her Mary sue card is revoked.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Jive posted:

They literally had a scene where Han Solo tells them the Force is real and not the mumbo jumbo like in the stories where they heard about the Force.

So somehow that translates into her instantly knowing how to use the force?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If a high-ranking Nazi soldier threw Hitler down an elevator shaft and was fatally hurt in the process, he would be remembered as a hero.

Vader is no different.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Nitrousoxide posted:

What if that officer was Himmler?

He would be remembered as "The man who ended WW2".

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

Superhero movies are dumb and people who enjoy them are dumb.

Man just shut up, if everyone thought like this idiot movies like Demolition Man and Super wouldn't exist.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

It's also the only movie I know of that Ellen Page isn't terrible in.

Watch Hard Candy

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like Mike was never able to make a good Bridget Jones Baby joke.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Bridget Jones: Corpse Bride

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

nigga crab pollock posted:

what movie even comes close to total recall though

Minority report came close, but no cigar.

I'm gonna regret this post.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
As a life-long Spider-man fan, the amazing Spider-man movies were almost unbelievable.

They were trying to bring one of the worst story-lines from the comics onto the big screen (the clone saga), and they couldn't even get to that point because they hosed everything up so bad.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Everything with his parents being spies is part of the clone saga so I assume they were building up to that or the ultimate spider-man story-line of his dad creating the Venom symbiote, which is just as bad.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

JB50 posted:

I like how the last spiderman had way too many villains and the coolest villain was only in it for 2 minutes at the end.

lol how was diet green goblin cool at all?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

JB50 posted:

I mean the Rhino. Was he not in the last one?

Oh no, you're right. I completely forgot he was in the movie for literally 2 minutes like you said.

Paul Giamatti has fallen pretty fuckin hard..

a bone to pick fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 12, 2016

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Baronjutter posted:

Are all these comic book movies only fun for people who grew up with those comics and have a ton of familiarity and nostalgia for them?

No actually, it seems like majority of people who watch these movies, whether they are a fan of the comics or not, really enjoy them. It only seems that really anal, un-humorous people dislike them, hth.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Like I said, very anal, un-humorous people dislike the movies.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

powerful sex moves posted:

People with no sense of humor, such as the people posting in the thread devoted to comedy movie reviewers RedLetterMedia (who are also pretty sick of this poo poo, incidentally).

I was waiting for this answer, they always say they like the movies and that they're competently made, they just have superhero fatigue which is understandable considering how many are being squirted out every year. Its why Jay and Mike have good opinions, and are funny, while you are not.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

powerful sex moves posted:

edit: perhaps you are confusing me with the dude who is saying they're terrible movies and everyone who likes them is stupid?

You're right, sorry.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

also because of robots your IT job is gonna disappear and you're gonna be dead.

:<

I hope I die sooner then.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Schweinhund posted:

Commando is the best Arnold movie because he starts killing people like 10 minutes in and just never stops. Total Recall and Predator are great and all but they have a lot of buildup and not enough ruthless killing so they're not as fun to rewatch.

Commando is also the best because it has the best puns and one-liners. Who could forget Sully?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
fav part from running man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-BJvzM9A-Q

• Locked thread