Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I used to love star war and as a kid I loved watching the movies and pretending I was flying spaceships and stuff and I guess that's why I love Sci fi to this day......... Super cool how ever star wars movie or media product that has come out in the last two decades has soured my view of the franchise until I hate star wars and it makes my sick to my stomach to just see its lovely tired boring asthetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

WampaLord posted:

He realizes that his former comrades are terrible people.

People stolen from their parents as babies and raised against their will to be slave-soldiers?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Me, after clicking on a bomb in minesweeper : "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo......"

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
"You cant do improv in sci fi!"

Good to see Mike has conveniently forgotten about Patton oswalts improv performance in Space Cop............ And how it was the only good part of that.... Film ?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I would love to see Mike and crew make a low key, sarcastic, tightly written Sci fi comedy.... I think they would really excel at it. But I think Mike is too insecure (especially as someone who known as a movie basher) to make a sincere effort. Everything he does has that whole "eh.... Low effort" wink wink it's so lovely and THAT'S the joke!

It just feels like a cop out.

Imagine a space cop that's played more straight. More subtle. Less goofy accents and falling down jokes.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Improv works when the actors have a good understanding of their characters and have the freedom to ad lib a bit, but are still constrained by the plot..... It doesn't work when everyone seems to just be trying to out "random waaaacky" each other

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

mike put the two scenes from gb that made me laugh in the review (the mayor reacting to being called the mayor from jaws and a scene with thor being dumb) and for one second i was like maybe the movie wasnt as bad as i remember. but then he put all the other scenes in the review and i remembered that i had been just looking at my phone for the last half hour of the film.

Same here. Mike's review actually kinda made we want to watch this movie. A lot of the scenes looked legitimately funny. The dialogue in the subway tunnel got a chuckle out if me "you don't expect the urine smell" "yeeeaaaahh.... That's not really gonna get any better" just seemed well delivered and natural. But I guess that kind of stuff is better in small doses..... Two hours of non stop "witty" banter must be tiring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Last movie I laughed at was team america: world police, watched by myself in a nearly empty theater in abilene TX on a Tuesday afternoon. It was also the last time I felt true joy of any kind.

• Locked thread