Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

No, a weapon to surpass Metal Gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Randarkman posted:

I think it's great that little girls want to dress up as an officer in a genocidal fascist organization who has no character outside of her costume and dies by getting thrown in the garbage

Trash compactor.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Polo-Rican posted:

why does he spend so long talking about the ring theory blog post - who cares!!! Worst rlm video

Because Disney paid a lot of money to a blogger to write that article about how the prequels are like poetry.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Libelous Slander posted:

Its cool that you have this one characteristic to latch onto. It makes you seem very secure and not at all fragile

Manlet spotted.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Actually it's a reference to Armored Core: Project Phantasma in that Phasma is a featureless grey robot with no emotions.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

Welcome to Protestantism.

There's literally nothing wrong with this, Papist.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Darth Vader's dying thoughts were not of Luke, or Obiwan, but of his apprentice Ahsoka Tano.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

If I write something culturally significant, every page is going to have a footnote that says *gently caress death of the author listen or read to any interview about this book for the real legit context of my work

Many authors put things into their work that they themselves don't know the meaning of. Intentionally.
http://mentalfloss.com/article/30937/famous-novelists-symbolism-their-work-and-whether-it-was-intentional

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Mike said he was gonna die in the next year so he'll die before he makes a good Bridget Jones' Baby joke.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Dreamt I saw Jay going on a date with a guy but later I figured out that that guy was a murderer so I had to sprint through downtown Milwaukee to save his life.
Mike was there too but he wasn't doing anything.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Relin posted:

Thirty Five Plus Year Old Man Who Has Played Games All His Life Does Not Know Crouching Makes You Harder To Detect In Stealth Games

i'm starting to feel this is less genuine and they do it for clickbait, like DSP

Tell me when they start masturbating on stream.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The Grabowskis!

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Who's your favorite Imperial Officer.
I like Captain Admiral Piet.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The gently caress is a period accurate space battle?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

oohhboy posted:

It was shot, edited and framed like ANH and RotJ was. It most definitely didn't shake cam during those sequences like TFA did. The Star destroyers look like the plastic toys from the original, it was all CGI but they intentionally made it look like it was made in the 80's oppose to TFA which looks like Nu-Star Trek.

That seems dumb and bad. You shouldn't try to mimic the technical limitations of 40 year old movies with CGI, but instead surpass them. Makes it sound like dumb fanboy bait, just like Mike and Jay said.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Emperor Palpatine's first name is Sheev.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Make a movie where this time the good guys build a death star.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

That wasn't a dream, it was a test to see if you get to break out of this universe and go into the parallel one that's full of adventure with all your favorite people and you failed.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I loving love Star Wars!

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Why does Mike always make Rich the butt of his jokes?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Indolent Bastard posted:

They have been friends since childhood. If that isn't enough of an answer for you, I don't know what to say.

Makes sense, but Rich seems to get a sad face every time it happens and it makes me wish Mike could pick on Jack or Josh or a Canadian sometime.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Doctor Dogballs posted:

Most of the characters in Rogue One really were very annoying and not interesting. In particular I absolutely hated the blind monk guy. Every time he said his dumb little chant I just wanted him gone from the loving movie. The other monk was not much better. Same with the captain and the imperial pilot and even goddamn Gin. Why the gently caress did they put so many worthless stupid characters in this movie?

His name is Juan Widdaforce, and his cousin, Anda Force is with him.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

think "unboxing videos" belong up there somewhere

Unboxing videos led to The Unboxing Ring by the Mega64 boys which are probably the greatest videos on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ZTEJwd2x8-jvV9xJUvpn7t8QC8UTH4i
You probably won't watch them but if for whatever reason you have 3 hours they're some of the greatest human drama ever put to film.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Hell Yeah posted:

also can someone post that gif of mike punching a lot of guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvv-kgq6YWw

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

These men are pawns.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I never realized Rooster Teeth had become so transparently garbage, but it's not like they've ever been known for their integrity or whatever. They made silly cartoons using Halo and then ended up collaborating with the developers of Halo to make MORE silly cartoons using more Halo. I guess that sort of partnership/sponsorship didn't bother me though 'cause it sorta makes sense, Bungie was obviously flattered by the popularity of RvB and them reaching out felt genuine.

I never cared about any of their other stuff, but drat it makes me sick to see how far we done fell.

Rooster Teeth sold out as fast as possible and I would do the same if I was a group of high school dropouts from Texas whose only talent is saying funny things over footage of Halo guys bobbing their heads.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

Imagine if starwars fandom tried to make its own starwars movie, except all they had was a huge bullet list of vehicles and vistas that had to be included, and little callbacks and cameos only TRUE FANS would get to the point that they forgot to write stories or characters.

At-sts?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Stardust the Super Wizard is great.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5tK27IxI3I

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes