Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
As a child, I liked action scenes in prequels.

As an adult, I've never watched prequels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

temple posted:

I probably got my first boner watching Teen Witch. I've tried to find what I saw in her but can't.

She's a girl.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

JB50 posted:

She says the words "mary sue" itself are sexist:

"The Mary Sue thing in itself is sexist because it's the name of a woman," she says. "Everyone was saying that Luke had the exact same [abilities]. I think Rey is incredibly vulnerable, and nothing she's doing is for the greater good. She's just doing what she thinks is the right thing. And she doesn't want to do some of it, but she feels compelled to do it. So for me, I was just confused."

Some of the dumbest poo poo Ive ever read.

Except my posts.

Maybe she is right.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

JB50 posted:

Yes indeed, any use of a females name is sexist.

Totally makes sense.

It's like when you tell someone not to call you Shirley. Why Shirley and not some male name, huh?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'd insert self in Rey, if you know what I mean.

I mean I can empathise with the character very well.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Baronjutter posted:

I liked it when Jedi were just really wise and had a bit of magic to help them but mostly just got stuff done like a normal person. Obiwan was in the first movie was perfect. Vader was just an imposing guy that could sometimes force-choke people and being able to do that was a crazy power. At the height of Luke's powers he was good with a light saber but still had to be quite careful in fights, there still felt like there were stakes, that a random dude with a blaster could still get the better of him and he still needed to be quite wary about being outnumbered or cornered. Jedi powers were a nice extra to have on top of all your training.

Then they just became unstoppable anime characters that could casually take on an army solo and now they don't even need any training, they're just x-men. Movies just have to keep ramping everything up, I wish they'd realize that in so many cases less is more and when your main character feels like an invincible super hero it makes every fight scene boring as gently caress. I'll take ben and vader's chill light saber duel over people flipping and jumping like a cheesy chinese kung fu movie any day. This is also why The Hobbit was total poo poo.

Luke could lift a spaceship with force.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

reignofevil posted:

And even luke didn't think he could do that poo poo. Weird that this was any kind of surprise to him in a universe where entire star destroyers got crashed into planets and poo poo but there ya go.

Luke skipped all history classes to hang out at Tosche Station.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

temple posted:

He didn't do it to solve problems.

The problem was that his ship was stuck in a swamp.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I guess it was also about self-discovery and spiritual journey. But he also really needed to get that ship out of the bog.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Has anyone said Millennial Falcon yet?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's kind of unsettling to see them laugh at bad movies when Mike is in the hospital fighting for his life.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Jay did nothing wrong.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Gammatron 64 posted:

I think in TFA, Rei is in fact a newtype

A newhalf?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Film bad.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

a bone to pick posted:

... do you guys not get that Orpheus is based off of Dr. strange?

What's next? Richard Impossible is actually Reed Richards just because they both stretch? You're insane, man.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

MrSlam posted:

Since people are talking about Dr Strange, Dan Harmon had an AMA and talked about his experience on the movie

What a nerd.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Baronjutter posted:

I watched the last episode of community the other night and twice characters stopped and basically looked at the camera and went on about how Marvel movies are all formuliac trash garbage for teens.

They are not wrong.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
They are movies for literal and mental babies. Enjoying them betrays your stunted development.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I've just watched a film where an elderly Iranian man struggles to eat plums for two hours and just goes to sleep exhausted in the end. This is what a real movie is like.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Schweinhund posted:

only if it was in black and white

It was black and neon green.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

It's going to be good. Looking forward to this new exciting re-make of an already re-made film!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The film should have been called Time Cop. Very misleading.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Guy, please be nicer to Max Landis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgyV1mqAXOc

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

When this becomes stale, I predict that since people nowadays (and trash horror movies fans especially) tend to spend more and more time indoors, the next big thing is going to be THE OUTSIDE.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Here's another idea. GHOST HOUSE.
An 18th century suburban house is demolished and a car park is built in its place.
Then strange things start to happen, your usual lights blinking, strange noises, cars smash into invisible walls.
At first everyone suspects the spirit of the house owner, who was known for dabbling in the occult, but the ghost expert the car park owner hires finds in an old auction book that an African idol was in the private collection stored in the house, and it essentially ensouled the building.
The movie ends with the house physically manifesting itself, and everyone admires the woodwork and stuff.

Ghost is literally the walls.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A film where Bruce Willies thinks he's a ghost, but actually he's alive.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Light Gun Man posted:

For a long time I've wanted to make a movie where a zombie planet has a human outbreak. And the zombies are just like, totally hosed, because the humans are faster and smarter than them.

You could call it... Night of the Living.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What was the one with a terrifying little yeti?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

He lives on through his accidental gay armpit children.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I thought his name was Geteven.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FedEx Mercury posted:

Holy poo poo I thought that awful font poster was a joke but they are actually selling it.

Does it feature such an iconic RLM phrase as AAAAAAAAAIDS?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
have you guys played sonic??

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

bring back old gbs posted:

xmas tlruly came early

Someone else also came. Early.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The Lobster can be considered good for simply having Olivia Colman in it. She's great.

Don't know if I'll ever watch the movie, but I recommend that you do.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Instead of a witch they should have had a regular old woman. Like maybe the family finds a lodge in the forest, and that old woman lives in its walls. Now that would be interesting to watch. Witches, on the other hand, do not exist in real life, which makes the whole premise of the film very flawed.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This Max Landis movie is not that bad.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mordja posted:

Isn't Max Landis recieving critical acclaim for that television show based on a book he didn't write?

It features a quirky Brit. The show was bound to succeed.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Delthalaz posted:

what about Hail, Caesar!

I give this film 20 out of 23 stabs.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
According to imdb, VVitch is a 2015 movie. Hack frauds!

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Holiday Special was very disrespectful to Wookies.

• Locked thread