Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

sounds like somebody has a case of the not-Jays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Hadaka Apron posted:

Am I the only one who's looking forward to Episode VIII but who couldn't care less about Rogue One?

Rogue One may be good or bad, but I am looking forward to more movies set in the wider universe with original characters.

All the Star Wars EU novels proved there's a lot of room in that universe for more stories. Most of those were lovely, too, but the good ones were really good.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

spooky like this! posted:

As far as I know it is all remote controlled now. That Grant guy from Mythbusters is actually one of the few people who are rated by Lucasfilm to be an official R2D2 operator.

I think they put him in R2 for one quick scene so they can have his name in the credits. Then R2 is radio controlled for 99.9% of the time.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I figured Rey knew how to use force things because she'd been training with Luke when she was, like, three. Then she was taken away and dumped in the desert for some reason. Or no reason. But she was too young to really remember the details of the training, but it still left her with subconscious force skills.

It would be really neat if the next movie actually explained her background, and they're clearly setting that up by having her meet (or return to) Luke.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh and there's an emoji movie coming out August 2017. And of course the poop emoji is going to feature.

hey they're still making new Best of the Worst level films in our modern era

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I wonder if they still do wedding videos

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I think everything would be better with a Rich Evans laugh track

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

George tried to write a children's story but forgot that children's stories have to make sense

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Krowley posted:

Some prequel trilogy apologist fuccbois tried stepping up to Mike

There has GOT to be a longer video of this

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Max Landis should write and direct the next Star Trek

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Die Hard 2: Die Harder

FuturePastNow fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 9, 2016

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

You can watch SFDebris review's of Star Trek episodes

they aren't funny like RLM though

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

LordArgh posted:

gently caress movies

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

George Lucas did try to be different

and we got JarJar stepping in the poopie

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

TIE Fighter was the best Star Wars game and people always pick the dark side when they have a choice, so odds are we'll get movies from the Empire point of view once they run out of "Young _____" stories to make.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'd like to see a spinoff about the bounty hunters who aren't Boba loving Fett

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Nucleic Acids posted:

I think Rich might not like Italians too much.

I was waiting for one of them to say something racist about the Johnson family

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Heaps of Sheeps posted:

I liked it but I was really just looking for Dark Forces: The Movie and that's what I got, so, this idiot nerd is happy.

Disney killed Kyle Katarn

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Well I finally saw Rogue One. I thought it was entertaining and well-done but it has some plot holes I'm trying not to think about. Went with a friend who isn't a Star Wars fan and he was really confused by the beginning. It made sense to me, but I'm familiar with the universe and its bullshit.

CGI Tarkin and Leia didn't look bad though. Vader seemed more 'off' and he wasn't CGI.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

priznat posted:

Something I noticed when watching A New Hope the other day - Red Leader and Gold Leader were both in Rogue One too. I looked it up and they used unused footage in R1. Red Leader actor guy died earlier in 2016 but Gold Leader guy is still around.

And Red 5 got killed, leaving a spot open for Luke

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

If the story about a Disney PR person offering them an early showing in exchange for a glowing review is true, then this video is a big gently caress you to the other Youtubers who probably took that offer

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

Does anyone else wish they would change it up every so often and review good films rather than nerd schlock? In their year in review wrap-ups they will usually mention real movies and it's obvious they watch other stuff, too.

The Plinkett review of Titanic is pretty good. He picks the movie apart, but you can tell he really does like it.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Now I want to make a Rich Evans soundboard to troll voice chats

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

ashpanash posted:

SMG has this weird obsession with the Christ mythos that seems to cloud his judgement about just about everything, from the bits of him that I have read. He seems to think that 'storytelling' is a big no-no as he feels it's used by charlatans to distract people from striving to be more Jesus-y.

Abandoning storytelling and just focusing on power fantasies mixed with forced, unearned moral righteousness is the way to his heart. See: BvS for example.

Still, he writes well enough and I'm not opposed to reading an analysis that I disagree with as long as there's some thought put into it, even if I think the thinking is way off base.

gotta cite Zizek in there too

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

JB50 posted:

Rey is Lukes daughter who had her memory wiped to protect her after his school was attacked. She is force trained and will start to remember things, or have her memories restored by daddy Luke.

Quote this so you remember I was right when the next laughably predictable Star Wars poo poo show comes out

SMG is a laughably lame gimmick poster and if you like him go post in CD and suck his dick there.

I agree

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

also, gently caress movies

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

revdrkevind posted:

The instant comparison is between Rogue 1 and the "many Bothans" line in Return.

You know we are probably going to get a "A Star Wars Story" about stealing the second Death Star plans at some point

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I saw Phantom Menace in the theater as a teenager. It's cringeworthy now but good poo poo when you're 16.

When the second one was in theaters, though, I knew I was watching a big screen dog turd.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Jar-Jar and Watto are both obviously extremely racist caricatures and it's very funny to see CD posters slobber about how they're not racist because

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

I got a question. What emotions were Rey and Luke experiencing at the end of TFA? Because that scene baffles me. Rey starts crying and I don't know why, and Luke just stares at her, and I think that's because some weird lady showed up on his island with his lightsaber and he's like "what", but that seems like an odd emotion to end the movie on

"Hey uh, you didn't happen to find a hand with that, did you?"

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

THE BAR posted:

Vader choked people with the Force, because he was an instrument of terror.

Luke choked out a couple of Jabba's guards

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

What if... it's just one long forever star war?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Apple's cash reserves are enough for the company to operate, with no income, for almost 100 years.

That's some savings.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The Crappening

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

tied up in Harry's basement

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

My Titanic popcorn tub!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I always read the "the Jedi" in "Return of the Jedi" as referring to the institution rather than specifically to Luke.

But if all of his trainee Jedi got killed and he's been jerking it with squirrels for 20 years, I guess that wasn't the case.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

revdrkevind posted:

The next movie should have been Luke and the Jedi Academy. That concept was already full of multi-ethnic teenagers, and probably one with a disability.

Go back and just make that one.

When Rebels wraps up, that's what the next CGI cartoon will be.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I was prime age for Aliens toys when that movie came out and I definitely remember them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

My dad beat Doom on Nightmare

• Locked thread