Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
they're the only reason I use the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

8 track betamax posted:

But I'm hetrosexual

the hot new gbs 3.0 meme, ladies and gents.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
all your jays are belong to us.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i recommend you copy my amazing OP from the other thread. it really is the mike of OPs.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

8 track betamax posted:

If only we still had a mod who just changed the rlm thread title all day and did literally nothing else.....

you abused your power and were banished from asgard for your hubris.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
great, now this rlm thread is infected with stupid video game chat just like the last one. bugger you video game nerds!

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i'd like to be the one to snipe the video post but i'm gonna be too busy down at the massage parlour today :(

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
welp, here it is. the plinkett review that took 12 years to make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miVRaoR_8xQ

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i liked that the review didnt really talk about the force awakens cause i still havent seen the force awakens.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I liked mike pointing out that the plinkett videos created a genre of cynical youtube reviews where you didn't have to mug to a camera half the time and opened up the medium for ugly people.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

FedEx Mercury posted:

I feel like the Pewd school of YouTube personalities came about after the Plinkette reviews but I'm a crusty old millennial so what do I know.

when I saw mugging to camera I mean the avgn/nostalgia critic scum.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

EL BROMANCE posted:

This should've just been an appendix to the prequel reviews, cut the coverage of the fan theory nobody gives a poo poo about down by 5x, and then called it a day with the Star Wars stuff and moved on. Disguising all this stuff as a review about a movie that doesn't need dissecting, made by completely different people to the prequels just seems pointless.

notice there is no "force" in the video title "mr plinkett's the star wars awakens review" just like no one forced you to watch it.

though tbh when I was rewatching it again today the 20 minutes spent on explaining the ring theory without solidly rebutting it did feel a bit forced. but it was redeemed by the pizza phone sex.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
the bttf clickbait video could probably be its own video and get some viral views.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
notice how real rlm hates youtube culture while pre-rectum embodies stream culture.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
the main problem with redlettermedia threads is they always start talking about things that aren't redlettermedia and that way madness lies.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Junior Jr. posted:

Plinkett's TFA review was so great, the hugs montage was the one thing I kept coming back to. So I made an extended version to get it out of my brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gcams9MEyY

I wonder how fast Disney content ID the poo poo out it.

shout outs for exerting effort.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
also the new plinkett video has already reached 1 million views in less than 3 days.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

8 track betamax posted:

How much does that get them in YouTube checks?

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

8 track betamax posted:

But see, here's the thing...nearly 10 months have passed after the film’s box office record-breaking release, the independent-filmmakers-turned-film-reviewers over at Red Letter Media have finally shared Mr. Plinkett’s review of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and it’s nearly as long as the movie itself. If you’re thinking there’s no way a review— even one clocking in at an hour and 45 minutes —can tell you something you haven’t already read about the newest Star Wars installment, you’re mostly right. Still, it has its moments.........................................................................................:twisted:

lonely gay

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

FuturePastNow posted:

I think they put him in R2 for one quick scene so they can have his name in the credits. Then R2 is radio controlled for 99.9% of the time.

and same type of situation for chewie and c3po.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I loving hate copyright and what it's done to media criticism and analysis. those montages at the end of the clones and sith reviews flawlessly juxtaposed the emotion and magic of the original trilogy with the utter soullessness of the prequels. they're easily the best editing rlm has ever done, exemplars of the film essay format. thank gently caress the moneygrubbing capitalist pigdogs didn't remove the force theme from the end of the ep2 montage and neuter it like they did to ep3. it's absolutely fair use and youtube can suck the poo poo out of my b-hole.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I really wanna know how the George Lucas salad thing got started. Seems like an in-joke they really liked and started rolling with.

watch the David lynch interview where he talks about George trying to get him to direct jedi.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Jay would be attractive if he'd fix his loving teeth

he'd still be a manlet.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Andro Dunos posted:

How did his front teeth get so off-kilter that one single tooth is in line with his nose and the rest are rotated inside his mouth??

tom cruise has center tooth as well. once you see it you will always see it.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
tom cruise is also a manlet.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

temple posted:

I think Rey is the definition of a Mary Sue. But people like Mary Sues and it offends them when you slur their favorite character. Its like calling someone a racist. Nobody thinks they are racist, that's what those other guys are.

If Luke was Rey, he would have force pulled Obi-Wan's light saber and fought Vadar in A New Hope. He would have force suggested the trash compactor to stop. He would have flown a ship himself from Tatooine. Luke blew up the Death Star but it was with the help and deaths of several other people.

you know who else was force overpowered.

anaken skywalker, aka DARTH VADER??

more proof rey is gonna turn evil.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
do movies even come out anymore?

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Clawtopsy posted:

which is the episode where mike goes on the fantastic slow haunted house ride

episode 40: sinister and paranormal activity 4 at 31 minutes.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

Oct 7, 2016 13:28

Oct 7, 2016 13:35

This will never cease to amaze me.

this thread is my life.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Clawtopsy posted:

dreezy, in how many episodes do they talk about zaat, in which episodes, at what times

69, 4:20

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

MariusLecter posted:

I haven't seen Force Awakens and I don't believe all these Mary Sue things actually happened.

I haven't see it either and I want to believe. what now, scully?

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
verhoeven is just the best. can't believe they haven't re:viewed one of his films yet. preferably showgirls.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Zzulu posted:

a wise decision

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I hope rouge one has a soundtrack by Rush.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

FedEx Mercury posted:

The newest HitB that went up this morning, no idea why they pulled it I haven't even had a chance to watch it yet.

it had audio sync issues so they fixed and reuploaded.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I hate superheroes. my department at work is being forced to dress as superheroes for halloween and I'm torn between crimson bolt and orgasmo.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
gently caress my rear end, another josh re:view. not even gonna link it.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
mike will never do an episode with josh because of he hates him too.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I'm fine with josh being on re:views if it means he isn't on botw. don't let him on the good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

powerful sex moves posted:

Did anyone say they straight up won't watch videos with Josh? I thought the consensus was just mild disappointment when he's in one, not refusal to watch it.

He was totally fine in this one, btw.

hello, it is me. I'm the dumb baby who doesn't watch the josh videos and I've never felt more alive.

• Locked thread