Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I didn't really get the whole banging on no one kissing/loving thing either until he made the point that Disney has turned the universe into a sterile one. I thought it was cool there was a platonic relationship instead of a forced romantic one. But then I realized that wasn't the choice they made. The choice they made was "Can't risk people getting offended and not buying the toys and trinkets, so no more sexual tension unless five test groups approve of it".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Yeeeessss give me twenty more years of tolerable gruel in film form. Give me every comic book character and every Star Wars character in corporate created checklist safe films that evoke no emotion whatsoever. Yeeesssss

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I remember sitting in a theater when the lights were going down and I grabbed my friend, whispering "holy poo poo, I'm going to see a Spider-Man film".

And then Raimi's first Spider-Man film hit and it was amazing.

And now....now I only feel hollow when I see Captain America 3. I walked out of the theater not even remembering what the gently caress happened in the film is was so forgettable. I wonder if Star Wars fans will hit that point in five years or something, somewhere between young Vader film #3 and a young Jabba the Hutt film.

• Locked thread