Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Wow they humanized george lucas in the middle of all that by having him point out how disney is making GBS threads out product on a timetable and not going to take a risk, ever, unlike how he took risks on his awful, but ultimately arguably novel, prequels. And then showed him talking about his bad all black movie. So while my opinion of george lucas is still in the toilet, it's one of those real interesting shits that you take a picture of or call people in to see.

e: didn't like my phrasing there.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Waltzing Along posted:

Glad it finally arrived. Disappointed that it was so long and meandering and really not about TFA. I didn't expect a huge diss on TFA, though. Also, no pizza rolls.

Look at this sucker who doesn't sit through the credits.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I couldn't find star wars XI on imdb so I don't know how many of the planned things are also jokes. I believe there are a lot of planned things made by committee.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Zzulu posted:

That's why cined has become one of the worst subforums on SA. It used to be just people talkin about movies but now it's full of people sucking eachothers dicks and jerking eachother off while they scream death of the author and claim that transformers movies and star wars prequels were some of the best movies ever made. Like, not ironically

Even if it's some ad hoc performance art and every single one of them is being the most ironic a human being has ever been I want them up against the wall.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Junior Jr. posted:

they took out the end parts from the old review (i.e. the phone calls, nadine looking through plinkett's house and meeting palpatine mike), but most importantly the trench run music at the very end with the phantom menace behind-the-scenes, it felt compelling because it was like a huge closure to all the prequel reviews.

the only other vid they kept in was the revenge of nadine, and that's it.

The trench run "luk[as] turn off your computers" thing was from the episode 1 review though. I don't think it was ever in the episode 3 review also.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Junior Jr. posted:

it was in the episode 3 review, if you look up the youtube video and skip to near the end with plinkett's epilogue, it starts with the music then it fades to some royalty-free song during the phantom menace footage, up until the death star blows up.

Aw jeeze. Aw jeeze. It's ruined. It's ruined forever. I can hear the good music underneath. Aw jeeze. Even the one on his site just links to youtube. God I hate youtube.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Pretty sure the twins said mr. plinkiss. Also that video felt like it was repeating. I'm glad they got better at editing in the last ten years.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Zzulu posted:

Hm, this was posted in the wrong thread, still though, I need americans judgement on this pizza

Only Japan puts corn on pizza.
Christ, what an abortion.

dreezy posted:

I loving hate copyright and what it's done to media criticism and analysis. those montages at the end of the clones and sith reviews flawlessly juxtaposed the emotion and magic of the original trilogy with the utter soullessness of the prequels. they're easily the best editing rlm has ever done, exemplars of the film essay format. thank gently caress the moneygrubbing capitalist pigdogs didn't remove the force theme from the end of the ep2 montage and neuter it like they did to ep3. it's absolutely fair use and youtube can suck the poo poo out of my b-hole.

I concur, furthermore

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Vegg I liked your posts in the CineD thread saying that the prequels were bad. You should go back and make more.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

The TFA almost review was good but not nearly good enough to justify a solid month of no half in the bag, et al, videos.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Zzulu posted:

Vader getting redeemed is so retarded

This is the motherfucker responsible for the death star blowing up planets and then he kills one bad guy and suddenly his force ghost or whatever is ok chilling with the heroes

Grand Moff Tarkin gave the order. Vader was just muscle. Vader just wants the plans he's had a horrible day dealing with his coked out daughter.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

What was that video before it went private?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Buschmaki posted:

Why did you guys warch all the spiderman movies you hate? I only saw 1 and played the spiderman 2 videogame on ps2

That was such a goddamn good video game. It was so choice. It was like tony hawk pro spider-man. Every spider-man game after that had goddamn quicktime event cutscenes.

The only thing it needed was a newsie on the street going "extree, extree, prison escape" and you go down and get a paper and whoops it turns out the rhino escaped you get to do that boss fight again.

Without those challenge boss fights that so obviously should have existed, you max out your skills and tricks and you can only ever use them to catch loose balloons, forever.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

It's a shame you dumb babies won't watch a josh episode because I learned about a weird horror movie for kids and the literal last joke was a real cool callback.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

powerful sex moves posted:

Did anyone say they straight up won't watch videos with Josh? I thought the consensus was just mild disappointment when he's in one, not refusal to watch it.

He was totally fine in this one, btw.

Oh I'm sorry I saw "not going to link it' and either misread or extrapolated from there.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Baronjutter posted:

Is space cop actually funny/worth seeing?

I liked it very much. I was smirking through most of it and burst out laughing at least twice. In general, thumbs up, watch it. It's a good time.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

The meatballs from the sky was a movie though, and it makes me think the cgi rat with nothing else to go on, make a movie now go go go, made some writers break down and tear each other apart and come out a weekend later with ratatouille.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Just saw video. What are next?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

a bone to pick posted:

The pre-rec episode where Jack exposed Sonic as having flawed gameplay from the beginning of the series was an eye-opener for me.

Which one was that? When you people talk about pre rec are you talking about the live ones? Are the boring long live ones saved? I don't know how twitch works.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

a bone to pick posted:

I think its a regular episode:

Dang that was a really good one. I only ever played sonic on demo at the PX/BX and every time green zone was over and the dumb fireball lava zone happened it was time to go. I never knew the rest of it wasn't all loops and pinball sounds, and speed would kill you. Amazing.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

The version I saw on youtube or vimeo or something was an italian screener and I hated it, and the comments all said "what the gently caress version is this?" I'd give it a second chance but I"m not spendin no hundred dollars on no amazon used blu ray.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

WampaLord posted:

So this is apparently the "real" RLM thread now. I don't know how to feel.

AAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDSSSSSSS!

Why, what happened to the byob one?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

OctoberCountry posted:

Their idea for Gremlins 3 is surprisingly great.

Whose, RLM's? Key and peeles?

Was key and peele saying cowboys in back to the future 3 was bad like gremlins two was bad? I don't know how to process anything today.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Wicker Man posted:

I liked the side story of the schlocky vampire guy pursuing a job as a reporter. Possible future Mike?

Hey everybody great news I got Al Lewis for our gremlins sequel. Al Lewis! .... "grampa munster". We'll make him wear his costume from a completely different series so everyone knows it's grampa munster. We don't have the rights so we'll call him "grampa fred" haha 80s cocaine is the best.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I feel like when he did dirk gently he told the main guy "look at me, this is your character, do this on the tv" because goddamn is dirk gently just max landis with a more symmetrical haircut.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Max's weird question about the bullets made me think of the movie, where the guns just physically didn't fire if they detected body temperature. Which means all the fuckbots are room temperature or colder. That hosed up 70s mustache man was waggling his eyebrows about the most realistic corpse fuckin' simulators possible. But then the robots go crazy and actually can fire if they detect body temperature so I don't know what the gently caress.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Randarkman posted:

like for most of my childhood I watched the Star Wars trilogy on two recorded VHS tapes

two of those movies must have been crammed together on one VHS in SLP, shaking my drat head.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I'm not going to see it because why would I? I can't wait for the review to tell me I was right to not care.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

What is a woodoo hyde?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I was picturing a famous in the midwest bowling alleys ball-o-shine-o.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

So everyone was saying vader at the end was the best part of the movie and the RLM guys said they hated it the most? Unanimously? They didn't spell it out enough for me.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

stop quoting this everyone already said it was wrong

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 21, 2016

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

awwwwww gently caress

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

WampaLord posted:

They had Space Jimmy Smits in Rogue One, does that count as "rehab?"

The had darth vader living on the same volcano planet he got horrifically deformed on. I like the RLM guy's theory that the emperor stationed him in the imperial galactic version of siberia to gently caress with him.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

oohhboy posted:

Have you seen the Vadar's suit background material video?

Yeah it was linked like three times on the last page

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

We don't need no stinken badges

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I thought it was weird when the yavin IV loudspeaker is all "may the force be with you" I mean the force isn't the predominant religion of the galaxy it's a forgotten cult luke had to be told about because he ain't never heard of it before.

Making me imagine episode IV as Luke's showing up to vatican city have you guys heard about jesus? I just found out. He's good, apparently.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Paladinus posted:

Please, rewatch the original trilogy before you comment about fanservice and continuity errors in Rogue One. Thank you in advance.

I don't have a laserdisc player

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I was enjoying it until the dinosaurs were wheeled out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Two things. First, why did the rebel guy not shoot Jyn's dad when he had the chance? He straight up murdered someone earlier in the film. Why did he have a change in heart? Did I miss something?

Second, I want to rewatch the scene where Vader ruins some Rebels. Forget the rest of the film, I want to watch that again and again.

Well he knows it's her dad, and that he's lying to her when he says he's going to shoot the man most dangerous to the rebellion, his arc is just starting to turn around and feel bad about doing morally dark grey things, he sees the guy get slapped by the actual bad guy, and all his men die, he thinks hmmmmmmmm.
Maybe things aren't what they seem? And then the opportunity passed because of the rebel assault force.

So he basically hesitated just a second, and then claimed this was a moral thing he did instead of being confused and loving up his illicit side job.

• Locked thread