Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

FrankeeFrankFrank posted:

I read a bunch of stuff about Shin Godzilla earlier in this thread...

should I watch it or no?

Im really confused right now with goon sarcasm...

Do you like anime, specifically Eva? Because this movie is basically live action Eva. It's got 10 minutes of good action and the rest is commentary on Japanese politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Fingerless Gloves posted:

I watched Gorilla Interrupted yesterday and I would not assume that out of them all little nerdmeister Jay becomes the hot one of the group

They're all so skinny

Also gently caress that other guy

This thread has such low standards. I guess that's what happens when you keep watching YouTube videos of obese nerds with combovers.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Nothing that Rich Evans says or does matters.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

I watched The Enemy on RLM's recommendation and I don't think I "got" it. Am I a dumb dumb?

Kind of, in that you listened listened to Jay's recommendation. Mike is the one with right opinions.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
What in the hell does Guardians of the Galaxy have to do with the Matrix?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

greatn posted:

GotG had nothing going for it except an 80s nostalgia soundtrack. It's a meandering trek with one note characters who mostly do nothing, a Deus ex machina conflict resolution, a villain with almost no presence, world building for future movies irrelevant to the film you're watching, and the introduction of your universe's big bad making him look lazy, impotent, incompetent, or some combination thereof, with no good reason for him to actually be in the movie.

It's sci-fi though, how many decent sci-fi adventure movie do we get in a decade? Like three maybe.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Jonas Albrecht posted:

We've had more than that this decade already.

Not good ones.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I mean more like a light-hearted adventure movie, like the first Pirates of the Carribean.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Was Stardust in the last decade? That movie is great.

I got tricked into watching that that! Very upset about it to this day.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

The Archaic posted:

Speaking of, if any franchise has the most superhero movie fatigue it's X-Men. Every movie is generic and bland. Even as a diehard Marvel fanboy I stopped caring about X-Men a long time ago. At least Marvel Cinematic Universe movies are different enough from each other covering different genres.

They kind of made a comeback with First Class and Days of Future Past but Apocalypse was like something out of the 90s, just completely corny and dumb.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I watched a little bit of the Undertale video, enough to see Rich horribly failing at making funny voices, to know that I don't need to see any more of it. No Mike, no deal.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

WampaLord posted:

Hey, thread...

gently caress YOU IT'S JANUARY!

...is coming soon.

Grate, I love memes

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Instead of "gently caress you it's forever" they should just call it "gently caress you".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

ashpanash posted:

Rogue One needed to be lambasted over and over again because Disney needs to be held responsible for making lovely Star Wars movies if 'the saga' is going to be such an undeservedly major part of our culture. There's no point in doing four straight videos about the next Transformers movie because no one gives a poo poo about the new Transformers movie, and it's never part of the broader cultural conversation.

If Star Wars stops being a major cultural institution then there's no need to keep this up. And hopefully, if they make lovely Rogue One-style movies every year, it *will* stop being an institution. And then we can all loving forget about Star Wars. We're not there yet.

You're going to be walking past cheap plastic poo poo with the words "STAR WARS" stamped on it until you die.

• Locked thread