Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

"Who knows what they'll do but I'm sure they'll gently caress it up real bad."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

je1 healthcare posted:

Did Sony give up on their plans for a Spider-man universe? They kind of went about it backwards, instead of making a bunch of characters that could carry their own films and putting them into a mega-blockbuster, they took the one blockbuster they had and planned to make a bunch of spinoff films from it. But then Spider-man 2 wound up overloaded with minor villains and side-characters which resulted in them losing money, and who knows if that Venom film is still in the works.

Yes, Sony actually came to the realization that what they were doing wasn't clicking with audiences and actually decided to team up with Marvel Studios so now Spider-Man is back to being part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He's getting a new movie next year and it will have RDJ in it as Iron Man.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Clawtopsy posted:

gotta put somebody in r2d2

As far as I know it is all remote controlled now. That Grant guy from Mythbusters is actually one of the few people who are rated by Lucasfilm to be an official R2D2 operator.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's a real loving weird way to buy a movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

a bone to pick posted:

I'm just happy Ghosbusters was banned for retarded reasons in China, ensuring Sony doesn't get any of that sweet Chinese BO money.

I read an article earlier this year about how the Chinese box office is a real house of cards that is constantly in danger of collapsing. Lots of instances where someone buys a ticket to movie A but the theater says instead they bought a ticket to movie B because that one is being pushed by the people who own the studio that did co-production, because they also own the theater chain.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So why is Dawn of the Dead so hard to find/out of print?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What about Mike hitting his head on the microphone and a split second of him breaking to laugh about it.

• Locked thread