Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I think Heather should gently caress Valerie. That'd end that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

paco650 posted:

I think Heather should gently caress Valerie. That'd end that.

:shrug:

If the mountain won't come to Muhammad then Muhammad must go to the mountain.

The Laughing Man
Sep 21, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
When relationships get too ironic to be considered relationships and are just more parasitic, abusive winner takes all webs of deceit. The most important thing to do is to feel good about your GBS copywriter status and get paid to post on Reddit. Because this takes away all the other destructive poo poo you may have accomplished over the span of that relationship (sometimes decades) and it soothes the emotional anger of those you abused by giving them the opportunity at catharsis and justice by reading your troubled words.

I'm glad we have Reddit and E/N as a resource that placates the offensive pressure of direct communication and closure. I feel like it has evolved robocops that can't look people directly in the eyes into a more palatable and easy to digest readers format and this is only a positive thing when dealing with delicate measures of the heart.

Reddit has taught me to respect all the little princes and princesses just exactly for who they are :smug:

The Laughing Man fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 28, 2016

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

The Laughing Man posted:

When relationships get too ironic to be considered relationships and are just more parasitic, abusive winner takes all webs of deceit. The most important thing to do is to feel good about your GBS copywriter status and get paid to post on Reddit. Because this takes away all the other destructive poo poo you may have accomplished over the span of that relationship (sometimes decades) and it soothes the emotional anger of those you abused by giving them the opportunity at catharsis and justice by reading your troubled words.

I'm glad we have Reddit and E/N as a resource that placates the offensive pressure of direct communication and closure. I feel like it has evolved robocops that can't look people directly in the eyes into a more palatable and easy to digest readers format and this is only a positive thing when dealing with delicate measures of the heart.

Reddit has taught me to respect all the little princes and princesses just exactly for who they are :smug:

i feel like im taking crazy pills, here!!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

ElGroucho posted:

He should just gently caress the tall woman and get it over with

I knew a couple were the husband was always accusing the wife of cheating while he was out of town for work. Eventually she said, "Well gently caress it. If I'm getting blamed for it I might as well do it."

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Bud K ninja sword posted:

thanks OP for the 3rd valiant attempt

:eyepop:
(spaced out because goddamn all clumped together is hard to read)

jesus loving christ. reading this really bummed me out

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Woman in her 30s wants to date a 20-year-old virgin co-worker. What could go wrong?

quote:

I (33F) am not usually one for looking into younger guys (all my boyfriends have either been older than me or the same age, except for one guy 2 years younger than me). But recently a new guy (20M) started at the office I work in as a content writer. He's young and pretty hot I have to admit. He has tattoos, wears a black leather jacket and seems pretty fit. But since he started he's caught the attention of a bunch of at least two other women. I'm pretty friendly so I said hi to him immediately and didn't think too much about it but the more I hang around him and talk to him the more I like him. This young man is completely not what I'd expect from a man of his appearance. He is fairly shy, sweet, really kind and intelligent and very approachable and respectful.

He's been catching compliments from a couple of my coworkers (and I have to admit, me) but either doesn't know how to respond or is oblivious. He more or less gravitates towards me. I'm not sure if it's because I'm just really friendly and upbeat or because he likes me but I'm taking it as a good sign and he's always asking me if he can help me out with stuff. Now he's so cute and sweet it'd be stupid to pass him out. But I've had my fair share of relationships and I know things can pretty complicated pretty fast. I've never heard of anyone with a 13 yr age difference who ever lasted though. I mean, when I was starting high school he was just being born.

Also, and I don't know this yet for sure, but judging by his response to physical contact he seems like he might be a virgin. And I myself am definitely no virgin. I've been in at least 6 or 7 relationships (and long-term benefits situations) before this and at least 2 or 3 other guys. And I don't know how to handle a guy who's pure and kind of naive about adult relationships. And again, I've never really heard of anyone lasting with their first. I know I didn't. He's cute and sweet but young and naive, is this worth pursuing? How should I go about this? How would I not scare him off and are young guys even interested in being with someone much older than them long term?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
- original quote by forumsposter zzulu in 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I sort of feel like the question of whether you should gently caress the hot 20-year-old at work shouldn't really factor in whether the relationship has long-term potential with marriage as an end goal

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
women, amirite?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

You shouldn't gently caress the hot 20 year old at work if type gonna be a neurotic weirdo about it and make things not-fun. Apply this lesson to all things in life.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
So women have some sensory organ that detects virginity in guys?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

Is My [20M] Roomate [20M] Racist?

-Going to try to keep it short. I'm 20, in college and i'm half black and half Indian.

-There have been recent riots and protests in Charlotte, NC (USA) against the shooting of a black civilian. My roommate traveled back home to Charlotte and I asked him if he seen any riots. He then continued to say how the protesters pissed him off, said that they were not protesting because of someone's murder, but rather just to loot and create chaos. I explained that not all of them were looters and the only way for change to happen and cops to be raised to a higher standard of professionalism is for people to speak out.

-He then said that "for someone like me to see the protests and riots, I could care less about the cause" then repeating "I could care less".

-There was more dialog between us. Later on he said the "if they were blocking the highway I would just run over them." He said this after mentioning the danger that the rioters may pose to him.

-Another thing that stood out to me was when there were protesters at my college campus due to someone defacing a black history poster with by hanging bananas on it and other events at my school. He mentioned how he was joking with a friend about saying something antagonizing to the protesters and have them try to chase him, knowing that they "wont catch him".

-There are other things make me suspicious like him staring down black people etc. These are just instances that stand out. I don't think he believes he is a racist and he's not a overt racist in general, but might be a covert one. I don't look 100% black, so maybe he feels like he can get away with saying some of the things that he says.

-Do you think i'm overreacting or does he seem like a racist? Either way I think I'm going to get a new roommate next year. I do not like that negative energy. We've been roommates for 2 years, going on 3. How should I go about it? I was going to make an excuse that i'm going to live off campus with some friends .

tl;dr: Roommate might be racist. Mentioned running over black protesters if they got in his way on the interstate. How should I tell him i don't want to be roomates.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Gaunab posted:

Mentioned running over black protesters if they got in his way on the interstate.

Gaunab posted:

Roommate might be racist.

This is a hard one.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the problem is that a lot of these are good but super super long

quote:

Extemely long post warning. I have been with my SO for a year. When we are happy together, we are perfect together. However the majority of the time she is very controlling, hypocritical, immature and stubborn minded. I make her sound horrible already since this is the internet but I really do love this young lady for some reason even though together, with our personality types, we are no longer healthy for one another.

This previous weekend was my 22nd birthday. On Saturday at my house during the party for my birthday, she mostly out right ignored me and was texting someone the whole time. She did not drink that much and left my house fairly sober around 1130pm. I finally saw who she was texting, a guy ("Leo") from back home who has texted her in the past during our relationship over stepping the boundaries I was comfortable with. Never told her that because I was scared she would be mad.

So around 1130pm-midnight I, being not sober, send this kid a selfie of me and my two friends when she handed me her phone. He replied "I'm assuming that's your boyfriend" and she responded no those are just my friends they sent that to everyone (didn't see this till I found out she had sex with Leo).

So we leave for the bars and she goes to a bar with her friends telling me she will meet me at the bar I went to in a bit. 45 minutes later my semi guy friend texted me asking where I was to hang out and that he saw my SO and she left alone. I text her and she says she is still with her girlfriends but she'll come to the bar I'm at in 15 minutes. Well more than 15 minutes goes by and she's not answering. While she is ignoring me she is texting Leo asking where he is and to meet her and what not. She also texts her housemate saying "im hanging out with this guy (I) wouldn't like so if he asks, im walking you home".

I leave the bar I'm at after silence from her for an hour. I run into a friend of hers and I's who says she has also not seen her. Then she comes walking up the street with what looks like the guy and another similar looking guy (never have seen him in person so couldn't tell). Seemingly not too intoxicated (think I would know after a year) she tells us that she's following her drunk housemate home who is with a guy she doesn't know. They leave and me wanting to respect her and not act like I can't trust her let her go telling her to text me and that I'll meet them at her house later.

I go back to their house and the housemate that was apparently too drunk is the one to answer the door. 3am now I text her where she is and she says she's still following the housemate and that they'll be back in 15 minutes. To wrap this up, she doesnt come home till 6:07am, semi waking me up by taking my phone out from under me, unplugging it, plugging hers into charge and undressing then climbing in to bed.

I found out she had sex with him because Sunday afternoon she was talking to him after he asked her to hang out again before he goes home. She's asks for him to not say anything but she trusts that he wouldn't. She makes sure that the sex was good and that he doesn't think she's a bad person. She says she loves the rush feeling. He says he loves when she talks dirty and she says oh really explain. She says she will hit him up when she is home. She also talks to another guy she met that night while she is texting Leo, not on the same level as Leo, but in a way I'm still not comfortable with. I have these screenshotted.

The first way she reacted was blaming me for not giving her enough attention or caring enough and anger that I snooped to find this out and that it happened so gently caress it, its over. Then it turned into her crying and saying it was out of spite and that it just made her feel worse and she didn't know what she was thinking. Then she said that she was too drunk to being doing that but wouldn't call it rape, that she was friends with him so thought he wouldn't be like that and how she's never done anything like this before.

I tell her I don't know what to think but I want leave yet. She knew I wasn't happy and I said it wouldn't be the same but still decided to try because I didnt want to throw away our time rashly. Early evening yesterday after she had been critiquing me all day and giving me a hard time for leaving the bed early to walk my dog among other things throughout the day, I knew I couldn't be with her anymore despite my feelings.

Last night when I came to her with this, at first she tried saying I'm treating her like my ex, that I won't know a good thing till its gone, basically deflecting it on me. Then long story short she says she thinks she was drugged at the frat house Leo was staying in and raped by Leo and that she sent those texts the next day in shock and took pills so she could show up to work and told me everything she did as a way to act like it was out of spite so she didn't believe she was actually raped.

I told her that this changes things 100% and that she needs to get help and that if she is being sincere then obviously I want be there for her and be the catalyst for action that will her, 'myself and our relationship through it. But in the back of my head everything doesn't add up. She was already claiming to not recognize me as her boyfriend before even drinking that much early in the night. She was casually texting other people Sunday afternoon.

But who am I to say what she claims happened isn't true? What does that say about my character? I love this girl despite it being unhealthy and have helped her grow from her previous abusive relationship at the start but it turned into her controlling me and running me down. Despite this I still want to see her through this, whether we are together or not. Am I in the wrong? Did I handle this correctly? I think for both our sakes we may have to end things but this really happened she needs someone now more than ever and I can't help but to be that person even if it's only till everything is figured out. But then if she is using this claim as a way to keep me around and mentally down, I can't bear to think about that.

She texted at 2am this morning saying how she's been through worse and can figure it out in her own and that I won't know what I had till she's gone and that she will be livid if I tell people she cheated on me and that I'll probably just go gently caress some other girl and that I don't really care or that I would just stay if I truly loved her, that I'm treating her like my ex and still hung up on when my ex cheated, that she thought she was going to marry me, that I'm not bothered by this in the slightest, that I don't care about the relationship and that she doesn't want my help.

None of that is true. All I want to do is help her. I may think that while yes our relationship may need to be over, I still love her and do not want to see her as a person suffer because I care too much. I emailed the title 9 coordinator at our school because I am obligated legally to take action when I hear about sexual assaulta who I am meeting with at 6pm tonight. I did not want to file a police report in case what claims to have happened didn't really happen.

Am a bad person? Did I handle this the wrong way? Nothing adds up to me but I can't ignore a rape claim and obviously need to at least take action to help her behind the scenes if it's true. If this did actually happen, should I try to stay in her life? Is it worth salvaging if we can work through the small issues that built in more destructive ones through counseling in addition to the help she received for this?

TL:DR SO had sex with another guy on Sat. night and has told me different reasons as to why and different stories on what happened, lied about things and nothing adds up. Once I realized I couldn't handle it and confronted her about leaving, she claimed she was drugged and raped and that how can I possibly leave her now and I don't love her if I don't believe her. I took action since I am legally responsible to report sexual assaults because I do love her and want to see her through this regardless if I'm with her or not if it did truly happen and can't reasonably deny the possibility. Am I a bad person? Did I handle this poorly? Should I try to be a part of this situation as a outsider or as a boyfriend? Is the relationship worth salvaging with counseling after Little issues have turned into dangerous ones?

look at that poo poo, it's like 3 E/N threads and the guy is not a great writer

read it if you got time tho, it's super hosed-up

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

loquacius posted:

the problem is that a lot of these are good but super super long

look at that poo poo, it's like 3 E/N threads and the guy is not a great writer

read it if you got time tho, it's super hosed-up

I wonder how many bridges this guy has bought.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

That sure is a lot of words to say "my girlfriend is a piece of poo poo but I'm too gullible to leave."

The Laughing Man
Sep 21, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

paco650 posted:

That sure is a lot of words to say "my girlfriend is a piece of poo poo but I'm too gullible to leave."

I wonder what your opinions on child brides are.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
holy poo poo dude get out before its.... eh its already too late i suppose.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

HardDisk posted:

This is a hard one.

He should ask if he would run over white protesters

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

The Laughing Man posted:

I wonder what your opinions on child brides are.

I think it's interesting that awareness of child brides/white slavery/etc. always peaks around Olympics season since they insist on holding them in barely-industrialized shitholes like RDJ and Atlanta.

The Laughing Man
Sep 21, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

paco650 posted:

I think it's interesting that awareness of child brides/white slavery/etc. always peaks around Olympics season since they insist on holding them in barely-industrialized shitholes like RDJ and Atlanta.

So you are pro-childhood sex slavery based off Reddit syndrome then? I see. Disgusting tho.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

quote:

My husband and I (48M, 47F) have discovered our daughter (17F) making white supremacist videos online
Hi, everyone. I'm posting here for what will hopefully be some insight about how we can best handle this situation in a way that keeps the best interests of everyone involved in mind.
A couple weeks ago one of my friends told me she had found disturbing videos on youtube by my daughter where she talks about how she hates Jews, Muslims, people who aren't white, and identifies as a "National Socialist". A good amount of my and my husband's friends and neighbors are Jewish, including the person who brought this to my attention. These people have been in my daughter's life for years and have known her and it has spread in our social circle that she is making these videos. Our friends are obviously shocked and hurt, and we are as well. We're also baffled as this is not at all how we raised her, we do not know how she got into this stuff or why but we looked it up and watched all of it and it's undoubtedly her in the videos, filming herself in our home, even wearing shirts with neo-Nazi symbols we didn't know she'd bought, and putting racist views on the internet.
When this happened we quickly confronted her about her online behavior and made it clear she was to stop immediately and delete her channel. I admit we were quite upset and the argument quickly escalated where she got very defensive and condescending towards us. Things have been very tense between her and us since then and I've tried various tactics - the yelling and demanding didn't work, so I tried to ask why she believes these things and does she understand the full impact of what she's saying, etc. She is completely serious about it, not doing it as any sort of parody. I don't know if she really grasps the implications of what she's saying, not just politically but personally as well, how it affects real people including people she knows in real life. Maybe the worst part is that she says she DOES fully understand this.
Her channel is still up and she has continued to post a couple more videos since we found it. She's been asking for financial donations from her followers too. I'm honestly at my wits end trying to get through to her. I've had some of my Jewish friends try to talk to her and that went horribly. I had our priest try to talk to her and that didn't make a difference either. I've grounded her, still no difference. I've explained the history of the Holocaust and the Nazis, she says it's a lie.
So how do we make this stop? Our friends can't understand how she's still posting this stuff and some have started to think we don't care and are also secretly racist or anti Semitic. So it's causing rifts in our friend group as well as fighting between us and her. And I have no doubt it will and probably already has spread outside our friends to other people in town as well.
And then there's of course the possibility that anyone else could come across her videos and that nothing can be permanently deleted from the internet. This will follow her potentially for the rest of her life with applying to colleges, jobs, and anyone who does a search on her. I have explained this as well and even appealing to what should be her sense of self-interest has had no effect. She really has no idea the gravity of the mistake she's making.
We desperately need suggestions on anything we haven't thought of yet as a way to get through to her about how serious and unacceptable this is. I'd honestly take any stereotypical type of teenage rebellion over this.
TL;DR teenage daughter has been making youtube videos where she expresses neo-Nazi white supremacist views and says hateful things towards various minority groups. My husband and I have been unsuccessful at getting her to stop doing this and it's causing a lot of conflict in our family and with our Jewish friends.

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
We must secure the existence of our Patreon and a future for our youtube channels

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Society is actually going backwards.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

batteries! posted:

We must secure the existence of our Patreon and a future for our youtube channels

:eyepop: holy poo poo

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

The Laughing Man posted:

So you are pro-childhood sex slavery based off Reddit syndrome then? I see. Disgusting tho.

Post more reddit, imo

It's Ashley Jones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obKP5uvp9ic

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

batteries! posted:

:trumppop:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

paco650 posted:

Post more reddit, imo

It's Ashley Jones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obKP5uvp9ic

She should actually try to grow those curly sideburns; that'd be an interesting look.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

loving Pepe

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Panfilo posted:

Yeah, but they can only use it once for each guy

tie-dye my titties
Jun 14, 2014

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

That was some Sam Hyde poo poo right there

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Panfilo posted:

It's their ears when the virgin speaks

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
This is just sad

quote:

I live in a dorm right now but drive home on the weekends because I thought my family was really close. I got home before everyone else last Friday.

I decided to log into the family computer and check my e-mail. When I opened Chrome I saw someone was logged into Facebook and had a messaging window open. I was going to close the tab but I saw the most recent message from the other person had the n-word in it. I'm black, my family is mostly white.

I read it. The other person had said "Good parenting will trump the n*gger in him every time! You're a good mom, be proud and don't worry about "OP" he knows better than to hang out with other thugs."

It was my mom's account. The other person had said the n-word about me before that and my mom had responded as if it was normal. I read what she'd been saying about me previous to that message. She never called me a racial slur that I saw but she did call my bio dad that word and said a lot of really hurtful things about worrying about my "nature" and what I'd do to fit into my "tribe" now that I'm living on my own. This was a conversation stretched out over days, she said a lot of things that made me want to throw up about black people in general and made it sound like she did her best to "civilize" that out of me.

Growing up I was picked on for being black and always felt like my mom was in my corner and had my back. The betrayal from her is worse than it would be coming from anyone else.

I logged out of the account, left my iPhone on the table and drove to a park. I wanted to start the drive back to my dorm immediately but I started crying too hard to drive. I stayed on a motel that night and drove back early the next morning.

When I got there my roommate said my parents had been calling all morning worried because they found my phone and didn't know where I was. I used his phone to text my dad and tell him I was fine and would contact them again if I decided I want to. My dad and mom blew up my roommate's phone. I called Dad and I told him I need some space to calm down and think before we got into it. He didn't like it but I told him if he pushed it we'd both regret it.

Edit: my mom also really discouraged me from making friends with the other black kid in high school for reasons that never made sense to me at the time.

tl;dr: I saw some of the humiliating, racist things my mom said about me and now I feel like my family thinks I'm some pet project they took on out of pity and they don't love me as a real child. I don't want to see them and I don't know what to do. I don't know if I can forgive her for this and I'll always wonder what the rest of them really think about me.

I [20m] was adopted when I was 8 and I saw that my adoptive mom [52f] said some racist things about me to her racist friend and I don't want to go home again now.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Gaunab posted:

This is just sad

did she adopt the kid as some kind of bet to a friend that she could "civilize" him or something? thats hosed up

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That is so many levels of hosed up. Jesus. :smith:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Gaunab posted:

This is just sad

god loving drat. my loving heart breaks for that poor kid.

:smithfrog:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

quote:

I read it. The other person had said "Good parenting will trump the n*gger in him every time!

:trumppop:

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Gaunab posted:

This is just sad

your dad probably was a pos if you had to be adopted out as a kid like that. who cares if you mom called him a racial slur. just cause your mom sees obvious cultural differences along racial lines and wants to protect you from it but frames it in an un pc way doesn't make her some heartless machiavelli .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Gaunab posted:

This is just sad

:smith:

He should :sever: