Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

:kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat
Here is Snowball. He is one cool cat. He greets me at the door every day with a "Mrerow!".

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fluffykittys
Aug 22, 2016

I can't hear you over the sound of me licking my own anus.

Dude! I have that same dress. Me-Yow!

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

oh drat i love this dude's naked cats, they look like really nice cats.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
poo poo quality photos from my old phone:

Girlfriend's catte (a good boi)

My catte (a good grrl)

She loves belly rubs 100% of the time and is extra floofy. When I got her she was 20 lbs and I've got her down to 14, but that belly pouch won't go away and it smacks her in her sides when she runs :v:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
My little black cat Poe when she was just an ugly little bug-eyed thing:

Contrast-shot of Poe from just a couple months later... (plus duck!):

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Contrast-shot of Poe from just a couple months later... (plus duck!):

Can she pick up cool international satellite TV stations? :v:

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

I have this cat

her name Onion. her adoption papers just said american shorthair cross, what model cat is this? i would absolutely recommend cats from this manufacturer

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that is a nice way of saying mixed breed

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mixed breed cats are very good, btw.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

HATECUBE posted:

I have this cat

her name Onion. her adoption papers just said american shorthair cross, what model cat is this? i would absolutely recommend cats from this manufacturer

That's your basic boilerplate cat. No racist breeding so probably won't have any severe mental issues or genetic diseases, good choice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cat breeds are kind of different than dogs because their physical differences are mostly very minor (with the exception of smushfaces.) Which is because a lot of dog breeding was to get a variation suited to a specific task, while everyone knows cats don't work for poo poo.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

thats good to know, thanks. she is almost 3 and also the softest catte ive ever touched

def going to rescue another mixed breed next time

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Just rescue cats in general. Kittens are cool and all, but you never know what kind of cat it will be. Older cats are set in their ways and you know if it's going to be cool or not right off the bat.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

HATECUBE posted:

thats good to know, thanks. she is almost 3 and also the softest catte ive ever touched

def going to rescue another mixed breed next time

The proper term is "miscegenated cat". Here's mine.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

This is Olivia, a Viking War Kitty (Norwegian forest catte)
Shes ~9

This is Alita, a sweetheart Bombay that sleeps next to me with her paws wrapped around my hand :3:
She also never. shuts. up. But her voice is squeeky and cute.
Shes ~16

This is Elmo. Hes a noble beast and my best friend. He talks. A lot. When hes not using me as his personal heating pad, hes tunneling out a cat fort under my blankets.
Hes ~23

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

This is Elmo. Hes a noble beast and my best friend. He talks. A lot. When hes not using me as his personal heating pad, hes tunneling out a cat fort under my blankets.
Hes ~23

Holy poo poo

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

This is Olivia, a Viking War Kitty (Norwegian forest catte)
Shes ~9

My Miles has been growing his fur out and we're not sure if it's because he's growing a winter coat or because he's been much healthier and better fed since we found him. Anyway, he's starting to look like one of these (bushy tail, fairly prominent mane) Could he have Norwegian blood?? :black101:

Your cattes are quite impressive, though. Particularly that distinguished older fellow.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Should give you a better idea about your potential Viking War Kitty

:black101:In all probability, this was the cat the Viking explorers took with them to keep their ships clear of rodents, the same job they had in the barns in the Norwegian countryside. Their first arrival on the east coast of North America may have been with Leif Erickson or his contemporaries in the late 900s.:black101:

Edit:
When my cats are running around with the crazies, I like to imagine its to the tune of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzpWJx3I2DY

Queen-Of-Hearts fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 12, 2016

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
My childhood cat Twinkie lived to the ripe old age of ~20-21 (he was a rescue so not 100% sure), but he was a sweet baby up until the end :(

He would still attack my dad's dogs up until the last week of his life. He outlived 3 of them and he knew he ran that house

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like when cats live long, full lives. but dang, 23? cats need to be incredibly lucky to live that long.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I can see why the Egyptians thought they were in charge.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

<---- Hello thread I'm Norman cat.

I'm a big dumb Siamese and I'm loud and annoying and I meow all day.

MEEEEOOOOOWWWW

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I have cats

this was their first meeting

it was a bit hostile

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
One of my mom's cousins has a cat that was alive when the Berlin wall was still standing. Puts it at almost 30 my understanding. He feeds it people food and wine.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Are those cats friends now???

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

my cats still aren't friends after two years, i think they have some type of blood feud thing going on

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
My cat's name is Francine. She is fat and stupid. Sometimes she chases her tail and then catches it and hooks her claw in it and can't figure out how to unhook it so she just yowls until someone comes around and frees her from herself.

I love her.

Don Of The Dead
Apr 8, 2007

I'm feelin' clean, I was only thirteen With the heavy starch, on my Bugle Boy Jeans
My landlord was like "yo no animals except in a tank". But one neighbor has a ferret and the other has a cat they don't even try to hide it just chills in the window. I paid like almost a whole year of rent in advance and he seemed happy about that (I know most people advise against doing this). He seems to like me enough I was thinking of asking him if there is any way I can pay a pet deposit and have a cat because I'm so lonely. Worst he can say is no right? Beta fish just don't cut it.

Don Of The Dead fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 13, 2016

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I bought my roommate some of her favorite fresh squeezed OJ as an apology gift because my idiot cat bit and hissed at her. :( He didn't break the skin but still, I wish he would not randomly lash out for no apparent reason. He does it to me too and I cannot figure out why. I wish I could improve my cat.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

like a cigarette should posted:

I bought my roommate some of her favorite fresh squeezed OJ as an apology gift because my idiot cat bit and hissed at her. :( He didn't break the skin but still, I wish he would not randomly lash out for no apparent reason. He does it to me too and I cannot figure out why. I wish I could improve my cat.

There's something wrong, cat should not be doing this.

Ask here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3169030

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Don Of The Dead posted:

My landlord was like "yo no animals except in a tank". But one neighbor has a ferret and the other has a cat they don't even try to hide it just chills in the window. I paid like almost a whole year of rent in advance and he seemed happy about that (I know most people advise against doing this). He seems to like me enough I was thinking of asking him if there is any way I can pay a pet deposit and have a cat because I'm so lonely. Worst he can say is no right? Beta fish just don't cut it.

Yeah it doesn't hurt to ask. My humane society actually called my landlord before they let me adopt, so depending on how you buy your cat you might not even have a choice.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Don Of The Dead posted:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
i think i took a wrong turn here???

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't see how. this is the cat thread and that is clearly a picture of a cat.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Why is that cat driving a snowplow?

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

FreudianSlippers posted:

Why is that cat driving a snowplow?

Don Of The Dead posted:

My landlord was like "yo no animals except in a tank".

Tanks for the meowmories :cabot:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Tendai posted:

i think i took a wrong turn here???

on second thought, reported for anti-semitism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hypoallergenic cat breed
Dec 16, 2010

My cat's a needy bitch, but I secretly love it. She is constantly begging to be carried like a baby or have her belly petted.

• Locked thread