Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

!Klams posted:

..what, the dark knight? I mean it was a solid film. But, tears?
Naw. But the Joker did basically win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

!Klams posted:

8mm was super depressing.

Yup. When Eminem was in the rap battle, and then the army saved him.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Watching Circle based on the first few lines of that massive spoiler (dude, just spoil the actual ending, cmon now) and it's awesome so far but the fact that Captain Suspenders survives for 51 loving minutes despite being an openly antagonistic jackass literally the whole time is pretty hard to swallow.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

food court bailiff posted:

Watching Circle based on the first few lines of that massive spoiler (dude, just spoil the actual ending, cmon now) and it's awesome so far but the fact that Captain Suspenders survives for 51 loving minutes despite being an openly antagonistic jackass literally the whole time is pretty hard to swallow.

Just posting the ending with no context for the setup for Circle wouldn't make much sense read as is.

But glad you like it, like I said super low budget movie and it isn't high art or nothing, but it is fun.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

That's not what I meant at all. The premise shouldn't be in a big spoiler with the ending, I mean du-uhhhhhhhhh.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

food court bailiff posted:

That's not what I meant at all. The premise shouldn't be in a big spoiler with the ending, I mean du-uhhhhhhhhh.

Maybe you just lack discipline?

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

steinrokkan posted:

You have literally described the Miracle Mile. It begins as a romantic comedy, and when the twist that would be the source of conflict in a typical comedy happens, it causes one of the main characters to discover the US military has been ordered to nuke the USSR, and it's only a matter of time before the city in which they are will be destroyed in second strike.

and then they die together in the tar pits. perfect romantic ending

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I think the Doom Generation had an unhappy ending, but it's been so long. I think the one character is murdered by neo-nazis, and the last scene is 5 minutes looking through the windshield of the other two main characters driving in silence, until one says to the other, "Do you want a dorito?"

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Has there been a mention of Halloween III: Season of the Witch? I almost don't even think it needs a spoiler, but at best it seems like even if he succeeds the hero has probably only gotten a handful of local broadcasters to stop the commercial, but no telling how many other stations aired it in the rest of the country.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I don't know why the last post made me think of Lawnmower Man, but it did and that ending wasn't exactly happy.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

A Strange Aeon posted:

I don't know why the last post made me think of Lawnmower Man, but it did and that ending wasn't exactly happy.

It wasn't a happy ending because it set up the supremely lovely Lawnmower man 2.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
Fury was really loving sad. The part where the German girl got blown up really got me. She looks like my ex-gf who happens to also be German.

naem
May 29, 2011

Salty Josh posted:

Fury was really loving sad. The part where the German girl got blown up really got me. She looks like my ex-gf who happens to also be German.

I was really mad when Jason bournes gf got killed in the second movie because the actress wasn't famous enough

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

JediTalentAgent posted:

Has there been a mention of Halloween III: Season of the Witch? I almost don't even think it needs a spoiler, but at best it seems like even if he succeeds the hero has probably only gotten a handful of local broadcasters to stop the commercial, but no telling how many other stations aired it in the rest of the country.

agreed but as WHM jokingly its only going to effect kids on the west coast/middle state and some latchkey kids on the east coast. since its starts at 9 on the west coast.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Brazil

Where hearts were entertained in June

All time loving favourite ending of any movie. So bleak. Such mindfuckery. It's glorious.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Evil Canadian posted:

Its a super low budget movie, but Circle was an interesting ending with a neat premise.

and hes dumped with survivors/winners of what you assume are other rooms, and its all women and children because no other circle was willing to kill them, fade out.

Note that there are pregnant women... meaning they themselves voted against their babies

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Labes for days posted:

Jesus I read a synopsis and you're not kidding. :stare:

This movie also has an armageddon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9cYcRotufU

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

On The Beach. Nuclear war has happened and most of the world is dead. Australia, by virtue of being way the gently caress out in the ocean away from anything, has survived more or less completely intact. However, there's a huge amount of radiation floating slowly toward the continent and when it gets there everyone will die an agonizing death. The movie is people kind of trying to go about their lives, losing faith in everything and becoming more and more crazy as doomsday approaches.

Near the end of the movie, they receive a surprise radio transmission from Los Angeles, which they had assumed was totally destroyed and too radioactive for anything to have survived. Thinking that things might not be as bad as they seemed, they send a warship to investigate at great expense and personal risk to the crew.

When they get there nope, everyone's dead and it was just something that fell against a transmitter. The world has ended after all. Everything is hosed. All of the main characters then take poison and kill themselves off screen rather than wait for the radiation cloud to get there. The end.

:(

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
In a Year With 13 Moons
Fox and His Friends...

basically any Fassbinder film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Brazil

Where hearts were entertained in June

All time loving favourite ending of any movie. So bleak. Such mindfuckery. It's glorious.

I do love Brazil, even if it's kind of a hard sit.

• Locked thread