Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
There was an incredible amount of 'novelty' Halloween songs recorded from the 1910s to the 60s but for some reason the only ones that people seem to remember are The Purple People Eater and The Monster Mash.

IT'S MONSTER SURFING TIME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMheyWm2XWc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdMaSn6CWT0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajB9Z9ftUD8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yklL5X8_8Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Here's my smol pumper from last year. My fiancée named him Kraupis which is Latvian for Scab.

When he was rotten we put him in the compost heap and in spring we planted a pumpkin seed there in his honour. Due to it being planted in a compost heap it started growing pretty big and fast (it's the darker green leaves spreading out from under the tree in the picture below (taken around June). It has currently spread as far as the edges of that photo completely covering the rock garden.

We got a few big ones last month but we already ate them or gave them to friends (started getting pretty sick of pumpkin soup tbh) and recently last we picked the last of Kraupis' spiritual brethren (pictured below) before the weather gets icy.

I think the one with abs will be this year's Jack-O'-Lantern.

beato fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Oct 6, 2016

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
More from last year then! I managed to get a nice sized pumpkin from a friend over here, but I have no idea what freakish subspecies of pumpkin this was - the outer later of the gourd was almost as tough as bark, and I had to sacrifice a (lovely) kitchen knife just to stab through it to get at the meat.

He accompanied us on our night out, until we eventually parted ways, leaving him to live out the rest of the night up a tree.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.

up in the club we just broke up im doing my own little thing

or, my best friend is moving to iowa that day so it will probably be a bit of a downer. idk.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Stevie Lee posted:

How would I do this to my head? It looks pretty awesome.

Also does anybody else have suggestions for a bald head costume? My girlfriend wants to try to make me into Voldemort, but I'm not too into that.

I got a bald cap and some zombie head piece that had a brain and hair on it. I cut the brain out and put it in my head, glueing it down with spirit gum.

Then we put the bald cap on over top of the brain, spirit gummed it in place, and let it dry. Took some scissors and cut the bald cap several inches above the bottom the brain piece. Cut off most of the excess skin. I think we rolled a little bit of it back under itself so that it wouldn't look so rough.

Then we took liquid latex and painted it on in layers over the seam of the bold cap and my skin. This took about 4 or 6 layers with about 20 to 30 minutes of drying time between them. Watched TV shows in between to pass time.

Using makeup, we blended my skin tone and the bald cap so that they were closer in color.

Finally, the fake blood was made using corn syrup, red food coloring gel and a touch of cornstarch to make it a little thicker.

Here is another picture that you can see the lines in the make up a lot better. It looked great in person, but photographed poorly because of the flash.

edit: I forgot one more thing. There is the head piece with the brain that I cut upThe brain piece was originally white, like a lot more white than it looks in that picture. I painted it with some red and a little blue, then went over it with a little clear coat spray paint so that it would have a wet look to it.

Phraggah posted:

This is A Good Costume. I'd also be interested in hearing how you cut the tofu (that sounds like a euphemism)

Honestly, it was probably the worst part of the costume. I am not a very good sculptor, but I just tried to carve it into wavy shapes and round it a little bit.

Lowen SoDium fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 7, 2016

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
Masks are done.. we are working tonight so I'll get pictures in full costume.

Doing the eybrows and eyelashes took about 15 hours or so.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Best response to monster mash:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCdh9DyuuD8

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
We do four Halloween theme weekends at work this year so I've already been wearing a costume. I ordered a lab coat from amazon and some of those blood bags you can drink from and just kind of have one of those in my pocket and take swigs all day. It has been getting good comments. I kinda want to do something with my hair to make it more mad science but I dunno.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I tell myself I'm going to watch one horror movie every day for October but it turns out that even when it comes to being a lazy piece of poo poo I can't be asked.

The only one I've watched so far was The Old Dark House. On the plus side it's a film from 1932 but they do weird camera angles and tricks every now and then to make the audience feel disoriented so it doesn't come off as a boring old timey play. On the down side it's a film from 1932 and the things we're supposed to find scary are the disabled and old people and two characters who've known each other for less than a day end up getting married.

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.

Polish posted:

Masks are done.. we are working tonight so I'll get pictures in full costume.

Doing the eybrows and eyelashes took about 15 hours or so.

It's posts like this that make me feel lazy every Halloween.

Decorations are going up in the neighbourhood. Someone has a projector set up that activates when people trip an infrared trigger on the sidewalk. A bunch of ghosts come flying around his property. It looks like they animated it themselves :captainpop:

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czi0F_Ovaws

Absolute Lithops fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 10, 2016

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

MrSlam posted:

The only one I've watched so far was The Old Dark House. On the plus side it's a film from 1932 but they do weird camera angles and tricks every now and then to make the audience feel disoriented so it doesn't come off as a boring old timey play. On the down side it's a film from 1932 and the things we're supposed to find scary are the disabled and old people and two characters who've known each other for less than a day end up getting married.

It's very, very low budget, so it's not exactly the most sophisticated 1930s film. It's pretty bad but imo it's kinda fun to watch. And it sort of established the "spooky house" movie genre.

Absolute Lithops fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Oct 10, 2016

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
The only picture that came out good.. I gotta get some while the lights are still on.

Were gonna open up the eyes a little bit because I look like a stoned asian guy. Did get a lot of compliments on the mask and a bunch of scares. Didn't get punched yet!

Imaduck
Apr 16, 2007

the magnetorotational instability turns me on
Ugh, it's that time of year again where I don't have any costume ideas and feel like everything sucks.

I'm a dude with medium length blondish-brown hair and a medium length beard and glasses. Previous successful costumes have been The Dude and Jaime from Game of Thrones.

My basic rules are:
1. Must be fairly comfy.
2. No full face masks - must be able to drink in it.
3. No heavy makeup - unfortunately I've found I'm allergic to a lot of makeups.

Any suggestions?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Imaduck posted:

Ugh, it's that time of year again where I don't have any costume ideas and feel like everything sucks.

I'm a dude with medium length blondish-brown hair and a medium length beard and glasses. Previous successful costumes have been The Dude and Jaime from Game of Thrones.

My basic rules are:
1. Must be fairly comfy.

Any suggestions?

You can take my costume and do Jesus. (...with glasses?) Robes are quite comfy though perhaps the crown of thorns will sit heavy on your head.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Imaduck posted:

I'm a dude with medium length blondish-brown hair and a medium length beard and glasses.

Long blond hair? How about Sexy Thor?

Well, just as long as you don't end up looking like this:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I really wish I had cool& outgoing friends who like to do Halloween stuff but alas I do not.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

FedEx Mercury posted:

I really wish I had cool& outgoing friends who like to do Halloween stuff but alas I do not.

1) Make awesome/funny costume
2) Buy beer
3) Turn up to random party

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i say Halloween is my favrit sport
i love the way they dribble up and down the court

JoeWindetc
Jan 14, 2007
JoeWindetc

FedEx Mercury posted:

I really wish I had cool & outgoing friends who like to do Halloween stuff but alas I do not.

Imaduck
Apr 16, 2007

the magnetorotational instability turns me on

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

You can take my costume and do Jesus. (...with glasses?) Robes are quite comfy though perhaps the crown of thorns will sit heavy on your head.
This is in the right vein... but not really my style.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Long blond hair? How about Sexy Thor?

Well, just as long as you don't end up looking like this:

Haha, yeah, I'd probably end up in the latter camp on that one :(. Also, I'm not really big on the comic book stuff, but it's a good suggestion anyway.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cxBnmqZeJs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBk3jwNSteo

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Lowen SoDium posted:

Me and the wife from last year.

not shown, I had a little container with some tofo in it that I had cut in to a little brain pattern and covered in strawberry jelly. I offered people a test while saying "It taste gooood!"

you and your wife are cool

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

Polish posted:

The only picture that came out good.. I gotta get some while the lights are still on.

Were gonna open up the eyes a little bit because I look like a stoned asian guy. Did get a lot of compliments on the mask and a bunch of scares. Didn't get punched yet!

Dude that's some Hannibal Lecter poo poo. Put on something with a hood and it'd probably be super disturbing.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Welp, here's the first Pussy Grabber costume of the season.

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Welp, here's the first Pussy Grabber costume of the season.

Costume predictions for this season, in order:
1. Harley Quinn
2. Donald trump
3. Harambe

Am I missing anything important?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Phraggah posted:

1. Harley Quinn
2. Donald trump
3. Harambe

Clowns
Russian computer hackers
Underprivileged shooting victims

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Phraggah posted:

1. Harley Quinn
2. Donald trump
3. Harambe

Cowboys, ninjas, cops.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
There were a lot of Harley Quinn based stuff at my job Halloween events. Sometimes on older women or children even, which was kinda weird. Didn't see any Trumps or Harambes but there was a dog dressed up in a dog suit with a "vote for me" button.

There also was apparently a "clown sighting" at work, someone on a golf cart told me and said they were going to go look for them and they informed security and everything lol

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Phraggah posted:

1. Harley Quinn
2. Donald trump
3. Harambe

Ken Bone

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

The outfit should come with panties with "BONE ZONE" printed on them to really round it out.

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

Trip report:

Halloween decorations are in full swing throughout the city. Went waking around in other neighborhoods and found some...er...stand outs

And then I found this

Yeah. For context that thing is about the same height as that house's first floor.

More later.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Phraggah posted:

1. Harley Quinn
2. Donald trump
3. Harambe

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

Imaduck posted:

My basic rules are:
1. Must be fairly comfy.

Any suggestions?

I would suggest Dog the Bounty Hunter, but not just to you specifically, to everyone.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

My son got invited to a tiny Legend of Zelda-themed Halloween party (like 5 kids and several adults) and it was seriously amazing. They had this outdoor nighttime treasure hunt complete with "monsters," a ton of props, a guy dressed as Ganon that all the kids got to hit with their paper swords, and a big party afterwards. My husband and I were kind of awed by the whole thing. :swoon:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Phraggah posted:

1. Harley Quinn
2. Donald trump
3. Harambe

I'm pretty sure the last Star Wars wasn't out before Halloween 2015 but maybe everyone forgot about it (they should).

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
Ah I forgot.. here are our final costumes right before we scare people.

Been a good year go far.. that throat coat tea has been a godsend.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

beato posted:

I think the one with abs will be this year's Jack-O'-Lantern.

Do I really have to spell out that that's goatse minus the ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stayingalivetv
Oct 17, 2016

youareoffthehook posted:

Here's some test shots from a corn maze:

That close up through the stalks is righteous or wicked or whatever means cool these days.

• Locked thread