Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!
My boyfriend is letting me use him as Jason for a photoshoot, and now he's decided it's going to be his Halloween costume :3: He'll be trimming the beard and we have a better mask coming on Saturday that'll look so much better!

Here's some test shots from a corn maze:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

a bone to pick posted:

Lol you should get him a bigger mask.

Yeah, this was just a test with a $5 mask and some paint we had at the house.

I did say we have a better mask coming in the mail, and he'll be trimming the beard as well.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

a bone to pick posted:

Oh ok, I thought that was a normal-sized mask and his head just happened to be extra large.

Haha yeah its mostly just the huge amount of facial hair he's got, and this was a 'hey, my company is having an event at a corn maze, let's go test this out to see if the outfit will work with the Jason theme!' kinda thing so he didn't trim the beard beforehand. But once we get the real mask in he will trim it down, and we also have a bald cap he'll be using which will help also.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

scuba school sucks posted:

Get him a darker or at least more raggedy looking jacket. That one doesn't look like it's spent enough time on the bottom of Crystal Lake.

So we did the final shoot last night, we definitely roughed it up and stuff so it looks more raggedy. That was the day we got the jacket so he wore it to work for a week (works with construction and stuff like that) and then tore it up more so it doesn't look new anymore. We'll probably do some more to it as it's now his Halloween costume as well, so it'll be improved on some more too :)

Plus, I have a lead on a summer camp property we can actually use for the final final costume so I'm stoked on that!

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

stayingalivetv posted:

That close up through the stalks is righteous or wicked or whatever means cool these days.

Thank you so much! It's definitely one of my favorites from the test shoot.

Here's one from the shoot we did a couple weeks ago:

We also have one more this weekend before the Halloween party we are going to on Saturday with all of the final touches to the costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I assume that 'final touches' includes rubbing a ton of dirt into the clothes? He still looks way too pristine for a demented supernatural psycho killer who has been living alone in the woods for decades. :v:

Also maybe a little mp3 player so he can sneak up behind people and play this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KHCqYCyWD4

Yes, a lot more distressing will be done this week, probably will leave the jacket and shirt outside most of the week (I live in the PNW and the weather is poo poo) and since we have a gravel driveway I'll leave them there/use the gravel to distress them more before Saturday.

We were going to do that right before this shoot but there were a lot of signs of bears around where we were and we didn't want to worry about being in the field more towards sunset and being attacked by a bear just for a couple photos lol.

This is the first time I've actually done anything to represent an iconic movie character so it's all learning for me at this point! Usually I've just done basic costumes with minimal work, so this is actually a lot of fun, and I'm excited for the final shoot.

• Locked thread