Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Me and the wife from last year.

not shown, I had a little container with some tofo in it that I had cut in to a little brain pattern and covered in strawberry jelly. I offered people a test while saying "It taste gooood!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Stevie Lee posted:

How would I do this to my head? It looks pretty awesome.

Also does anybody else have suggestions for a bald head costume? My girlfriend wants to try to make me into Voldemort, but I'm not too into that.

I got a bald cap and some zombie head piece that had a brain and hair on it. I cut the brain out and put it in my head, glueing it down with spirit gum.

Then we put the bald cap on over top of the brain, spirit gummed it in place, and let it dry. Took some scissors and cut the bald cap several inches above the bottom the brain piece. Cut off most of the excess skin. I think we rolled a little bit of it back under itself so that it wouldn't look so rough.

Then we took liquid latex and painted it on in layers over the seam of the bold cap and my skin. This took about 4 or 6 layers with about 20 to 30 minutes of drying time between them. Watched TV shows in between to pass time.

Using makeup, we blended my skin tone and the bald cap so that they were closer in color.

Finally, the fake blood was made using corn syrup, red food coloring gel and a touch of cornstarch to make it a little thicker.

Here is another picture that you can see the lines in the make up a lot better. It looked great in person, but photographed poorly because of the flash.

edit: I forgot one more thing. There is the head piece with the brain that I cut upThe brain piece was originally white, like a lot more white than it looks in that picture. I painted it with some red and a little blue, then went over it with a little clear coat spray paint so that it would have a wet look to it.

Phraggah posted:

This is A Good Costume. I'd also be interested in hearing how you cut the tofu (that sounds like a euphemism)

Honestly, it was probably the worst part of the costume. I am not a very good sculptor, but I just tried to carve it into wavy shapes and round it a little bit.

Lowen SoDium fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 7, 2016

• Locked thread