Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

This is every person in middle management ever. Just keep buying new lovely low end sports cars and pairs of oakleys every 6 months to a year and you'll stave off the creeping dread until you have a son/daughter you can put all your time and money into trying to form into a better version of yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

Recently I've started a new job as a biological analyst at a major company and during my second week I acidentally sneezed on a sample and managed to block thousands of euro's in goods. I haven't told anyone and they were all searching for the mysterious cause of this infection. I have been on a rollercoaster split between guilt and not giving a gently caress.

I also am under a lot of pressure here because of the workload and i'm worried i'm gonna work myself to stim abuse or alcoholism if I keep this up but I don't know how to stop working this hard and take it easy.

quote:

I'm considering getting a sex change so I stream on twotch and make money.

Actually I suppose I could just dress as a girl and put on make up and a wig.

Either way I want pathetic people to give me cash

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

loquacius posted:

I'm considering getting a sex change so I stream on twotch and make money.

Actually I suppose I could just dress as a girl and put on make up and a wig.

Either way I want pathetic people to give me cash

You will make 10x the money by just dressing up as a girl rather than actually getting a sex change because literally every viewer will want to see your dick. Also it's pretty hard to run a gofundme raising money for your sex change if you've already had it!

loquacius posted:

I apologize in advance for the rambling, goons. When I was young, I was used by a cousin (he was 10 years older than I). I didn't know I was being raped, I just thought I was helping him feel better. This broke me, obviously, and I haven't talked about it with a professional despite seeing one or another for over half my life.

There is a very high likelihood that the majority of your issues with dealing with emotions, struggling to trust people, pushing them away etc are there because you have pushed this issue into your subconscious and decided not to deal with it. It sucks bigtime but the only way you'll ever move past it is to speak with a professional about it and start to work through those difficult emotions in a controlled environment. Please give it a try. If you like, try seeing a different therapist so if you don't like how it's going you can just stop seeing them and still maintain your relationship with your current one.

You have a right to be hurt and angry about what happened to you, but you also have the right to let yourself work through it and get past it. You have to let yourself start that journey.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
Yo, sadbrain kissin' cousin goon, I feel you. Know that honesty and openness with a mental health professional AND/OR SUPPORT GROUP has the power to blow your world wide open, and to solve problems you long ago resigned yourself to being just facts of life.

If all you can muster is to go to a support group and not participate, just sit in and listen, start with that. Alternatively, just show your therapist the post you wrote if it's too painful to say the words. Or if it's too hard to admit you've lied to your therapist this long, get a new one and start from scratch. But you've got to make a move towards sharing openly and honestly with someone qualified.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

cmndstab posted:

You will make 10x the money by just dressing up as a girl rather than actually getting a sex change because literally every viewer will want to see your dick. Also it's pretty hard to run a gofundme raising money for your sex change if you've already had it!
This is totally correct. Skip the life altering sex change just be a twink who knows how to dress well and tons of married dudes who don't have the balls to follow their bi urges will flock to you like mad.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Edit: nevermind

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
My favorite thing about these threads are the "I have a normal job and a normal life, and lots of friends and I love my wife, I love my kids, and I am content...... but I just feel like I am faking everything and just going with the flow!"

Motherfucker, we are all just going with the flow, you sad brains gently caress. It's like people need to invent this mega-tragedy in their life in order to feel like a person that matters.

VVVVVV Goddamn Exhibit A. "I don't care about my wife's things, I must have the 'bergers!" No, dummy, you are just married. You think your wife gives a poo poo about your Hearthstone deck? She's just being polite.

ElGroucho fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 6, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

Pick had quoted a bunch of sob stories of women married to Aspies. I might be one of those Aspie husbands. A lot of the complaints the writers had about their husbands definitely lined up with complaints my own wife had about me (not intimate enough, have to spell everything out, unsupportive, etc). While I've never officially been diagnosed as being on the Autism spectrum, there was definitely an uncanny similarity in behavior.

For me I guess there's just a general apathy toward a lot of things that are important to my wife. I dedicate my life to doing as little boring work as possible. Because I'm an adult, which means I get to define what that means to me. And reading those stories has been particularly reassuring knowing that I really don't have to change who I am.

I'm confident the longer we stay married the less likely my wife will give up and leave me. She's certainly threatened to divorce me in the past but always relented. Really it seems like she takes it upon herself to make her own life as stressfull and difficult as possible. Why stress about saving up to buy a house, getting ready to have kids, plan events, move up the corporate ladder? Our lives are so stable and idyllic now that all that other stuff just feels utterly pointless and redundant. It is just more stress and drama, to turn around and justify it solely by all the 'sacrifices' put into it. As opposed to just being happy and content with what we have.

My job is very easy, and I'd much rather spend an extra hour of work to pay for a ton of mundane tasks that are pointless for me to do myself. I see a lot of neurotypical people running around acting like they got the Sword of Damocles hanging over their head instead of bending their efforts toward making their life as stress free and easy as possible.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Pickpost in question was in the r/relationships thread btw

and most Asperger's self-diagnoses are wrong, but you did make an XKCD reference in the middle of your confession for no particular reason so maybe you're on to something

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

IIRC that's the whole reason that Asperger's is no longer "a thing", right?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Professor Shark posted:

IIRC that's the whole reason that Asperger's is no longer "a thing", right?

Yeah, it's not in the DSM 5 that was released in 2012. However, don't bring it up with a Facebook obsessed, home-schooling housewife who's special little snowflake was diagnosed prior to that.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
People who reference\read XKCD are way worse than piss-mouse-drowners, in my opinion.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
What was the xkcd reference?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Dial-a-Dog posted:

What was the xkcd reference?

I guess it wasn't word-for-word but in my defense I read this strip when I was like 17 or something

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i once filled my apartment full of cadbury creme eggs

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
i dunno, self-diagnosed burger rear end sounds like he's got a pretty mellow contented attitude toward life, but his wife also sounds pretty normal too, just more forward thinking and ambitious. they could make a good yin and yang team if they both made a solid effort to meet the other halfway. or they could just be horribly mismatched, should have never married, and should divorce asap. hard to tell.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Putty posted:

i once filled my apartment full of cadbury creme eggs

Same but spider eggs. Also it wasn't me that did it, it was the spiders.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Murray Mantoinette posted:

Same but spider eggs. Also it wasn't me that did it, it was the spiders.

either way, delicious

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

loquacius posted:

10 times over four years still sounds like a lot to me

If a dog pukes it will most likely puke outside. That is also where it poops and pees, because it likes you and wants to make your job easier.

my dog pukes on the tile where its easy to eat

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

NeurofiBROma posted:

good dog

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Chard posted:

good dog

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Two from the girl who was abused:

quote:

This might be the last anony reply I'll do. I don't want to just go back and forth on how worthless I am. Basically, I've given up on having friends hips and other relationships. Even if I could open up enough to someone (which would involve a whole new 'new therapist' dance since I moved recently) I don't know what good it would do me.
I really don't see how it would suddenly make me inherently trust people and get close to them. Hell, without a support structure therapy is pointless anyways, and its got me in a catch 22. People think that since I was abused, I don't deserve the luxury of friendship and need therapy in order to be considered worthy, but at the same time I need friends to have the required support structure for therapy.

It's not like I chose what happened to me, but I hate that as a result people (ESPECIALLY people I love and actually trusted for the first time in my life) actively hate me and avoid me. So, like I said, I've given up. I don't see a point to going in to get 'therapy' or changing my meds yet again (I've pretty much gone through the entire ssri/snri/antipsychotic catalog), so I'll just continue pining after my old friends and (especially) boyfriend, as that's the closest i'll get. I don't have much hope for my life beyond using opiates to feel good. I hate being alone, but since no body wants to deal with me or get close to me, I don't really have a choice. :/

quote:

Quote from loq:You have a right to be hurt and angry about what happened to you, but you also have the right to let yourself work through it and get past it. You have to let yourself start that journey.

I've been working with a therapist for years and that process, on top of costing thousands, has moved me from a suicidal depression wallowing in guilt to being fully convicted that the only thing that will give me release from the hate I have for my rapist is brutally murdering him and being informed that is completely unacceptable leaves me feeling just as isolated as before.

Not to denigrate therapy, of course.

(note: that quote wasn't actually from me, it was from cmndstab)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Honestly I'm seeing a lot of thought patterns in your posts that therapy is supposed to be able to help with. I'd absolutely recommend keeping up with it, and if you don't think your past experiences have been effective, maybe find a new therapist. Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) works wonders with the kind of self-sabotaging thoughts you seem to be exhibiting; see if you can find someone who specializes in it.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

NeurofiBROma posted:

a very good dog

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

NeurofiBROma posted:

he's cleaning up after himself like a good citizen, because that's what dogs do

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
not necessarily the best suggestion but unless you get insanely weird a hooker will put up with you. its what they're paid for :thumbsup:

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

loquacius posted:

Honestly I'm seeing a lot of thought patterns in your posts that therapy is supposed to be able to help with. I'd absolutely recommend keeping up with it, and if you don't think your past experiences have been effective, maybe find a new therapist. Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) works wonders with the kind of self-sabotaging thoughts you seem to be exhibiting; see if you can find someone who specializes in it.

It's also expensive as gently caress and very very involved.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm starting to see why the people she loves leave her. I'm already sick of hearing about how worthless and undeserving of love she is and it's only been like 4 posts on a message board. Go to therapy. Be honest. Get help.

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

wow what the gently caress

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Sad incest goon, I know it's hard. But if you keep looking for support and treatment options that work for you, you will find them. Even if it takes a while and some false starts. You'll find something that works for you, and things will start to get better.

Start here: http://online.rainn.org/ It's an anonymous chat hotline for survivors of sexual abuse.
You can also call 800-656-HOPE

These might be helpful reads too:
https://www.rainn.org/articles/adult-survivors-childhood-sexual-abuse
https://www.rainn.org/articles/incest

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
I have a friend pretty much exactly like you minus the opiates. It's not that people can't be close to you because you were abused, it's because you constantly talk about how lovely you are and how you deserve it (which btw is why nothing works, as long as you think you deserve to feel like that then ofc you'll continue feeling like that) and they're not an unending font of support and at some point they probably feel like they are enabling you.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm starting to see why the people she loves leave her. I'm already sick of hearing about how worthless and undeserving of love she is and it's only been like 4 posts on a message board. Go to therapy. Be honest. Get help.

Yeah not to be brutal or mean but it is pretty much this. Everyone wants to help you but they probably feel like they're leading the horse to water and wrestling with it to make it get a drink and giving up eventually while the horse is complaining how thirsty it is the whole time.

You don't deserve to feel like crap. Nothing that happened to you when you were a little kid was your fault. You deserve just as much as anyone else deserves and you're the only real obstacle at this point.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Having dealt with people exactly like that for years and years and years and years and years it's either gonna end up with a drug overdose or her getting better and blaming the people that were around her at the time for not helping her enough even though she actively avoided their advice and was an emotional drain on everyone. I know that comes off as "edgy" and assholish, but it is what it is. I hope she gets better and she deserves to be happy, everyone does, but she sounds exactly like my other friends and it was always something in their childhood that hosed them up, but they wouldn't confront it except while intoxicated and it killed all but one of them.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself and put some honest effort into trying to fix yourself.

And when you very obviously half rear end it again or (more likely) ignore all the advice we're giving you here you can go back to blaming your abuse for everything wrong with your manipulative emotionally vampyric personality. It's a win/win for you.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Looking forward to the eventual pissing in to the well ceremony

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think we're pretty much already there. That last one was enough for me, maybe one more will push the rest of us over.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

ElGroucho posted:

Looking forward to the eventual pissing in to the well ceremony

I'm sure there's far worse coming. This whole thread is one tale-topper after the next.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Ugh, please someone 'confess' to something funny :(

e: basically sad sack person, what these people are trying to tell you is od and let the world move on without you. You are a failed person who was unlucky enough to get molested, and you are a drain on everything. #realtalk

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Ugh, please someone 'confess' to something funny :(

every night i fill my bathtub with tons of these and just soak

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Putty posted:

Well what else would you expect of someone hooked on the brothers...

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Putty posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

e: basically sad sack person, what these people are trying to tell you is od and let the world move on without you. You are a failed person who was unlucky enough to get molested, and you are a drain on everything. #realtalk

That's absolutely not what I am saying don't put those words in my mouth.