Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

My uncle who totally and absolutely works at Nintendo said something about a video game that I'd like to be true, yet it's totally not important to cite any sources whatsoever that can be fact-checked, so I'm just going to repeat something that's hearsay at best and actively harmful in the worst-case scenario.

I got diagnosed with cancer a little more than 5 years ago, had surgery+chemo+radiation and despite being told by my oncologist that there shouldn't be a reason to suspect that I'd still be immunocompromised, they also plainly told me that it's a good reason to wear a mask, even outside.

Immunocompressed isn't a boolean value.

More importantly though, it's also a question of whether people feel safe.
Even under the dubious assumption that a properly worn mask outside makes absolutely no difference (which doesn't seem to follow, given that we know that it's an airborne disease and that mathematical modeling shows that indoors spread is anywhere from 1-3 meters via aerosols/droplets), you can't deny that it's a good thing if it helps people of all ages who otherwise don't feel safe leaving their home - because there's absolutely no down-side to wearing the mask (other than it being marginally uncomfortable, if you have bad asthma like I do).
You might not've gotten a cold in that period, but one of the few times I left the house, I ended up getting one - and just like yours, that's just a coincidence, and no data can be extrapolated from it.

are you mad about my friend’s dad Robert? Do you have a wittle anxiety disorder? Are you gonna cry? Gonna cry about my friends dad from maryland?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

My uncle who totally and absolutely works at Nintendo said something about a video game that I'd like to be true, yet it's totally not important to cite any sources whatsoever that can be fact-checked, so I'm just going to repeat something that's hearsay at best and actively harmful in the worst-case scenario.

I got diagnosed with cancer a little more than 5 years ago, had surgery+chemo+radiation and despite being told by my oncologist that there shouldn't be a reason to suspect that I'd still be immunocompromised, they also plainly told me that it's a good reason to wear a mask, even outside.

Immunocompressed isn't a boolean value.

Yeah, I get this. I was diagnosed with cancer myself 3 years ago; and despite having the best kind of Leukemia you can have (CLL), which does not at the moment need treatment (knock on wood), my hematologist explicitly told me, “you need to be very careful with COVID because you are absolutely immunocompromised.”

Luckily for me, my body has responded fully to all three full doses of the vaccine—my hematologist told me to make sure I got the full, rather than the booster, dose for my 3rd shot.

I do understand that there are people out there who are actively being treated for cancer, are transplant recipients taking immunosuppressive medication, or have severe insulin resistance, etc. for whom the vaccine produces little to no immune response.

If that were me I would probably be far more paranoid about some of the things I’ve done—like flying especially.

I don’t think it’s healthy though for anyone to just not leave their house for 2 years. All of the evidence seems to indicate their is more risk to your health, and your mental health as well, sitting in your house not getting any exercise, no matter what the status of your immune system, than their is of you catching COVID going for a walk around the neighborhood masked once or twice a day.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

one fun fact about my friends dad that you might not know, before he was a doctor he sang in an a capella group at Yale university and he was real good at it

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

are you mad about my friend’s dad Robert? Do you have a wittle anxiety disorder? Are you gonna cry? Gonna cry about my friends dad from maryland?
Would you rather I just make fun of how you're probably a cowardly rereg too afraid to post under your regular account, or someone who's permabanned given the 6.5 post/day average over a couple months? Because I could do that too, if it'd make you feel better.

It's an interesting tactic to post like this in the anonymous confessions thread. :allears:

ZombieLenin posted:

Yeah, I get this. I was diagnosed with cancer myself 3 years ago; and despite having the best kind of Leukemia you can have (CLL), which does not at the moment need treatment (knock on wood), my hematologist explicitly told me, “you need to be very careful with COVID because you are absolutely immunocompromised.”

Luckily for me, my body has responded fully to all three full doses of the vaccine—my hematologist told me to make sure I got the full, rather than the booster, dose for my 3rd shot.

I do understand that there are people out there who are actively being treated for cancer, are transplant recipients taking immunosuppressive medication, or have severe insulin resistance, etc. for whom the vaccine produces little to no immune response.

If that were me I would probably be far more paranoid about some of the things I’ve done—like flying especially.

I don’t think it’s healthy though for anyone to just not leave their house for 2 years. All of the evidence seems to indicate their is more risk to your health, and your mental health as well, sitting in your house not getting any exercise, no matter what the status of your immune system, than their is of you catching COVID going for a walk around the neighborhood masked once or twice a day.
Yeah, I thought I recognized your username and/or, as I think I've seen you mention it elsewhere, but I wasn't sure.

I only got symptoms from the first vaccine, and only a bit of a sore arm. I should get the option of getting the booster shot soon, hopefully just after Christmas as it was in mid-August I got the second shot, and there isn't supposed to be more than 6 months between the first set and the booster, according to the Danish authorities (which, even if it's more or less, is what governs when it's made available).

There's also a whole bunch of other factors which neither of us have mentioned, like being diabetic or having asthma, as well as many other comorbidities.

It absolutely isn't good for the mental health to stay home, but fear makes people do dumb things. Taking a walk has been a regular thing (at least 5 times a week) while I've been in isolation since March of 2020, although I wish I had the energy to do more.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Would you rather I just make fun of how you're probably a cowardly rereg too afraid to post under your regular account, or someone who's permabanned given the 6.5 post/day average over a couple months? Because I could do that too, if it'd make you feel better.

It's an interesting tactic to post like this in the anonymous confessions thread. :allears:

Wrong!

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

That’s exactly what a permabanned re-reg would say! :eng101:

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

ZombieLenin posted:

That’s exactly what a permabanned re-reg would say! :eng101:

Hell if I read any more of that guys posts im probably going to need chemo as well

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Hell if I read any more of that guys posts im probably going to need chemo as well

Probably. I know my relationship with the SA forums definitely played a role in my cancer.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

ZombieLenin posted:

Probably. I know my relationship with the SA forums definitely played a role in my cancer.

Forums cancer real and can't hurt you. It's OK.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Inceltown posted:

Forums cancer real

I believe this!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown posted:

Forums cancer real and can't hurt you. It's OK.

lmao, can't believe I left the crucial "isn't" out of that.

Guess I'm not perfect after all.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Have you considered chopping your dick off

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
New confession - and I guess mine is that I read it twice and still don't fully understand all the details.

i uncovered a network of hurtcore pedophiles posted:

you can publish the subject.

i've spoken to a therapist this, it is all in the past, and i'd love to move forward but some of them are still out there.

this isn't like, qanon level conspiracy -- in fact the opposite

i was studying for OSCP, a penetration testing course, and in parallel learning about virtual machines, tails, etc as well as doing a whole lot of trolling on various... websites.

i found a book on wikipedia that had an onion list that had a list of sites catering to pedophiles. v2 onion service. i found a wiki that had a list of hurtcore videos, one of which sounded like it could be describing *me*.

the site i was looking into seemed to being allowed to operate in some pathetic excuse for a sting, as i had some extremely weird poo poo go down in my hometown, which is home to the obscure government lab that hunts said pedophiles. the local paper put out a list of abusive priests, and i didn't initally realize one of them was the guy who trained my altar server class. (server, because we were the first mixed gender class)

meanwhile, on the darknet, they were really riding the lightning -- they had a wiki describing the victims of csam in a creepy way similar to how mara wilson said she didn't like the feet database.

anyways, basically imagine you keep having people not follow the guidlines, from the cop that responds to you being run off the road, another who responds when your nra dad blocks a door and points a gun at you, to the interviewer at the cloud factory who, when it's just the two of you, makes a show of literally quoting material off your hard drive.

and so, you tell them, no, i don't want to do any more matt damon interviews. i'm getting a weed card instead of a gun, since by that point covid had fallen...

did you know there's a lot of people on grindr who have hiv and lie about their status? i hooked up with one guy who said so and i was like welp, if i find out you lied, i'll come back and kill you, it's different if you lie about something as basic as "were you tested in x timeframe?"

i'm all over the place in this, but imagine you, by chance, grew up in a place that is very poor, with a very fancy university nearby, and struggle and struggle for work partly due to traumas from catholic school... only to one day have them roll up a few people in your area in the welcome to video bust, and learn that in the process of hunting these... hurtcore people. these pedophiles who do things like catalog their victims like models, and harass them in real life to the point they need to change their names. that's the part that broke my brain. like... imagine being a victim of csam, moving across the country, changing your name, and having someone stroll up and make a show of telling you how hot you were and having to resist the urge to put a bullet in their head!! they had their names. they were trying to find these women (mostly women) again. and I can point to times someone literally interviewing me for a job was part of their network.

then, alongside that, were people who had other things to hide... drug use, being queer, cheating on a partner, gang ties, or full on espionage.

and as it currently stands, i'm living out of a hotel, relying on my (lovely, abusive in a non sexual way) family for support despite being a good hacker, because that period where i said "gently caress the law", started trying to make tabooless reveal it's IP, then failed and started just flaming them...

i don't know why i'm having such oddness. i suspect it's because some of the above mentioned espionage types... i had a convo with one. literal israeli spy, as in someone told me when he was in texas for a conferene his room was broken into as a strong hint he'd been sneak and peak'd... he made a big deal about how csam is strict liability when we spoke on forensics... and looking back, there's people like that, they treat the material like a trap to keep anyone from being able to investigate an ftp server or darkweb site... the issue being people, once they're tracing someone like me... can tell i'm not looking for images.

that's what happened to me btw. capital one started trying to do a technique called "browser canvas fingerprinting" every time i tried to log in, complete with a weird thing that self clicked the consent dialog. when i brought it up to a woman who's a contact, her eyes nearly bugged out of her skull, and my employer, who cap1 was a donor too, immediately laid me off.

after that were the protests. i had a string of harassment, and tried to get a weed card instead of a gun and just chill out, tweet a bit, and do some art, but i ended up nearly being murdered.

anyways, the one day i ran into some priests coming out of the library and asked to do confession. i think they were a bit freaked out, but they told me just to not do that again (make someone's site reveal it's IP then upload a bunch of mislabeled gore claiming it's photos of kids) and puttered off.

my soul is clean, and i can promise you -- i have *severe* anger issues, the kind of cold cruelty that makes people truly scared when they realize that it wasn't an accident that they had a riot outside our mayor's house, or that several folks like the ones in that chat room literally shot themselves.

i feel bad, but i also... i don't really have friends. i wasted my 20s learning these esoteric skills, paired with very briefly working a policy job that taught me how the world works... and i'm scared i'll never be able to retreat from that moment, because a lot of people who are... very bad... use the i hate pedophiles excuse. i remember the one guy, before he got thrown out of the infosec community for raping some librarian... he was sitting at a conference lamenting tor doesn't do udp well, so you have to use a traditional vpn to stream a snuff film. another guy at that conferenve, the last name from a famous algorithm, got drunk and talked about how loving teenagers is no big deal if they're into it.

my aunt had just died, they didn't even read me the will and gave me some token sum and told me to 'get a job' when absolute monsters obstructed that because of the things they said in public view.

anyways, that all being said i've been quite the dick on the internet and rode the whole trump is a nazi thing a bit far with regard to how i intruded on people's personal lives and devices... and for that i truly apologize.

i no longer hack like i did, in the electronic or psychic sense, and i regret letting my soul be darkened by becoming the type of person i used to strongly dislike.

thank you for listening. thank you for believing. the people who inspired me are dead or dead to me, i'm sorry i was lead astray

I am still checking the account.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Really excited to see the thread back. That's definitely something alright.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Pretty sure this person maybe a very strange post in the Trump lol thread the other day

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Stranger than this? and more importantly, related or no??

edit: Here's one from literally a year ago that I somehow missed! My apologies. :(

quote:

From the age of 16-20 I was a failson WoW addict. I spent 18 hours a day (when not in school) playing WoW. I was part of a top 10 national raiding guild. My diet was 75% takeout wings from Papa Johns and Dominos and I was fat as poo poo. When I was 20 I cleaned my life up, went to college, and stopped playing WoW.

I'm now in my late 30s and by any measure am successful. I have a Ph.D., a well paying, prestigious job, am in decent shape and married to an attractive, successful woman, and we own a great house in the best area of our city.

So whats my confession? I have never had as much fun, or felt as fulfilled, as when I was PvPing Alliance questers in Stranglethorn Vale. If someone offered to swap my life for a subsistence level monthly check and a gaming PC, I would do that in a second.

I'm not depressed. I feel happiness and fulfillment. Its just... not the same.

I wonder what the key piece actually is here. It isn't WoW itself that you're missing, anon. It can't be, right?

burial fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 30, 2022

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

I have a Ph.D., a well paying, prestigious job,

Oh word

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

burial posted:

Stranger than this? and more importantly, related or no??

As strange, and that’s how they are related. I can’t lie I didn’t read the whole thing because I got half way through and went “this is the same rambling insanity as that post”.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

I should have asked for a link way before now, but I'm still intrigued so uh, please?

So, here is another fresh 'fesh but I'm gonna put it under spoilers because it's pretty dark. I guess don't read it if you're sensitive to medical trauma or reproductive regret.

quote:

I wasn't raped so I don't get to feel violated by my body even though I was a teenager in an abusive relationship with a man over twice my age and I never ever ever wanted a child

they told me it was too late to get an abortion and they lied to me and i shouldn't have been so stupid I should have known better, I tried to do it myself and I thought it worked but I was wrong

He's almost 9 now and he's an incredible little guy and I love him so much and it's not his fault he ruined my body and mind and that I never got to even begin to figure out what I actually wanted for my life and it would never be fair to him to put that on him

But every single day for almost a decade I have woken up cursing a god I don't believe in for not painlessly letting me die in my sleep

I never wanted this I never wanted this I never wanted this

Please don't ignore this for any sort of ideation or whatever I can't do that anyway, not now, it's too late and it's been too late for years, I tried and that didn't work either because I gently caress up everything I touch and now he knows me and I can't do that to him

I figure I have to wait until I'm 50 years old, then he'll be 30 and he can handle himself I hope

Almost 20 more years to go and I don't know how I'm going to make it

Never mind the gender dysphoric horror of being host to a parasite while they tell you not to worry, your body's made for this as you push and squeeze and writhe in agony

Can't escape with drugs or alcohol either, have to be good for him. Everyone in my life directly benefits from my constant suffering but I'm not allowed to ever express that because God forbid anyone else feel bad

I've been to therapy, I've tried medications that made everything worse, how am I gonna meditate or CBT my way out of my entire world being stolen from me you loving dipshits

not you sorry

So I play video games and dissociate and fantasize about everything that should happen to everyone complicit in destroying my future for the sake of their sadistic puritanical control fantasies in increasingly grimly unhealthy detail. I wish I believed in their hell so I could imagine torments stretching out across eternity

I'm not special. There are millions of people with the same story or worse really. I'm stably housed, I have a good job, on paper I'm an ~inspiring story~ of turning it around. Everyone--if they dare breathe a word about a child being "unplanned"--always says it was an unexpected blessing or it changed their plans but it was worth it in the end. Nobody says (how could they unless they were a monster?) nobody says that their child is a beautiful soul who they want to protect from the suffering of the world--and if there were some way to go back in time and give that scared suffering child a Plan B they would give anything on earth for it, but I know there must be so many others suffering alone and never allowed to speak

please spare a sympathetic thought for us and may everyone who did this to us reach a gruesome, drawn-out [redacted]

I <3 you all

There probably are a LOT of people who feel like you feel - maybe even some who could commiserate and offer you some sort of understanding and hope.

I am curious why you believe you won't be free to pursue your own life until your child is 30 though. You're still allowed to seek fulfillment as a parent through things other than your offspring. It's normal and healthy, even. Necessary?

burial fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 5, 2023

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

burial posted:

I should have asked for a link way before now, but I'm still intrigued so uh, please?

So, here is another fresh 'fesh but I'm gonna put it under spoilers because it's pretty dark. I guess don't read it if you're sensitive to medical trauma or reproductive regret.

There probably are a LOT of people who feel like you feel - maybe even some who could commiserate and offer you some sort of understanding and hope.

I am curious why you believe you won't be free to pursue your own life until your child is 30 though. You're still allowed to seek fulfillment as a parent through things other than your offspring. It's normal and healthy, even. Necessary?

I don't think that it's their own life that they're waiting to pursue.

Anonymous confessor, that's an absolutely heartbreaking story and I'm sorry you're hurting so badly and have been for so long. I am glad that you're still around for your kiddo, and that your love is keeping you anchored even if it's so painful.

I would encourage you to find some kind of support structure however you can, even if it's just someone to vent and dump to.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

burial posted:

To be a bit more explicit than the poster above me - op is talking about ending their own life once their child is old and stable enough to take the hit.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

burial posted:

New confession - and I guess mine is that I read it twice and still don't fully understand all the details.

I am still checking the account.

This reads like a Waffle House post, but i'm sure there are more Goons with similarly distorted minds running around.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Inceltown posted:

To be a bit more explicit than the poster above me - op is talking about ending their own life once their child is old and stable enough to take the hit.

Well, don't I feel foolish.

20 years is such a long time out that my mind must've decided to cling to the most charitable possible read of the "it's too late for that now so don't worry" stuff when I was double checking to make sure it seemed OK to post. Maybe because the pain of losing someone to suicide doesn't magically decrease with age.

So that's my new, perhaps even less tactful take: the pain of losing someone to suicide doesn't magically decrease with age. If that tromps on anybody's plan to preemptively absolve themselves of guilt and thereby make it easier to follow through on self-destructive ideations, good I guess?

burial fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jan 5, 2023

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I wonder if therapy goon is still alive or now a skin suit?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Yeah there's a part of me that thinks the purpose of life is suffering in some weird roundabout way, but also on the flipside if that's true then so many of us are really doing quite well.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Let's see if I can post a new confession without saying anything that makes me look like a total idiot!

quote:

cw: small reference to suicidal ideation but it's not what the confession is about

i am so, so hilariously pathetic

i keep finding out friends have 'tragic backstories'. and then in the most hosed up of ways, feeling a tinge of jealousy festering in the back of my mind about it

it's an involuntary response that i make myself miserable for thinking, but i can't ignore the fact that it's there. that i'm feeling some degree of jealousy for people who grew up so poor to lovely parents they had to steal to put food on the table. or were involved in underage prostitution. or grew up in hateful, abusive households where they were sent to gay conversion camp for being queer

it's so utterly pathetic.

i grew up well off. my parents never divorced, were never physically abusive, and our household never struggled to make ends meet or put food on the table, and i was spoiled with material goods.
the closest thing to any kind of trouble i can even say is from age 8 to when i moved out for college at 23, because my mom is a loving miserable hoarder of cheap lovely clothes and shoes and tschotskes, she turned my brother and I's room into storage for junk and we slept in what was an open space in a hallway meant for an office. i had no privacy or even space to keep things for fifteen years and it left me miserably depressed and unable to do basically anything at all. i was also gay and my parents are shitbag homophobic right wingers so i never came out to them. still haven't because gently caress them.

i can write that out. but i just can't stop myself from immediately dismissing it as pathetic whining of a useless bitch.

i've somehow always been exclusively around people who were worse off than me. my parents both came from poor families. my childhood friends were all varying degrees of struggling. all of my family's friends always talked about having money troubles.
and when i fell in hard to the early 'tumblr' way of thinking in high school it just made me feel all the more ashamed that i had it so nice and easy. that i was so privileged. that none of my problems were 'real' problems so i'm just a privileged little poo poo for feeling upset about them.

and that thinking has just gotten worse and worse, until it's become outright fetishization of abuse

i wish i had an abusive upbringing. i wish i had some kind of Event that i can point to in my past. some lovely hollywood origin story that builds 'character' or 'personality' or 'strength' or whatever. instead of just twenty years of a vacant void where nothing happened, positive or negative.

and it can only be then, because now i have a goddamn career. i'm college educated. i'm well paid. i can fund all kinds of reckless or irresponsible ideas. i can put myself in dangerous situations where i might get some inkling of the abuse i crave but just can't. because my head already knows it would just be fake poo poo. i'll be able to recover. i'll be able to fix things. i have people i can rely on.
i'm never going to be in a truly desperate situation.
and it's also always going to be fake because it's going to be the result of something i've done. there's never going to be a 'situation' that just happens to me to cause that abuse that came from outside of my control.
and worse, whatever pathetic 'tragedy' i force upon myself is just going to cause problems for other people.

and so on i go. too goddamn self aware to cause myself any real trouble. so blatantly depressed that in my lows i've sat with a gun in my hand, practicing holding it to my head, contemplating if i should or not and literally talking myself out of it by thinking how pathetic i was being, and how much trouble i'd make for everyone else if i went through with it.

i can be happy. i do lots of interesting things, sometimes with lots of interesting people who i can confidently call friends. i live what people would probably say is an interesting life.
but no amount of 'doing things' in the present will ever fill the gaping void that exists where my past should be.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

quote:

the closest thing to any kind of trouble i can even say is from age 8 to when i moved out for college at 23, because my mom is a loving miserable hoarder of cheap lovely clothes and shoes and tschotskes, she turned my brother and I's room into storage for junk and we slept in what was an open space in a hallway meant for an office. i had no privacy or even space to keep things for fifteen years and it left me miserably depressed and unable to do basically anything at all. i was also gay and my parents are shitbag homophobic right wingers so i never came out to them. still haven't because gently caress them.

This ain't normal or healthy at all so congratulations you have your hosed up childhood desire OP.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Inceltown posted:

This ain't normal or healthy at all so congratulations you have your hosed up childhood desire OP.

Sure but the broader problem is rooted in class anxiety. OP is worried that they’re insincere or invalid in their beliefs because they are the enemy, according to those beliefs.

The solution is to consider the opposite: if someone calls you a champagne socialist, what’s their issue? Would they prefer you be a champagne fascist? You’re on the right side of things generally, no need to beat yourself up about how you got there, that’s just unproductive

e: also don’t let Internet Discourse be the final say of your opinion on anything either. Every time you read something, take a step back and ask yourself if this is actually what you think.

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 8, 2023

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Inceltown posted:

Just seconding this. That’s a pretty awful way to grow up.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Inceltown posted:

:same:
Just because you think your experience isn't as bad as others doesn't mean it wasn't bad. Your pain is valid. Your bad experiences are valid. You can ask for help and treatment for your experiences without comparing it to others. You deserve to be happy too.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

vortmax posted:

Just because you think your experience isn't as bad as others doesn't mean it wasn't bad. Your pain is valid. Your bad experiences are valid. You can ask for help and treatment for your experiences without comparing it to others. You deserve to be happy too.

Good post

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

vortmax posted:

This is a way nicer way to say what I was trying to say.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

vortmax posted:

^--- Good post

Suffering is NOT a competition, and everyone's brains work differently. Trying to math out what's worse and how someone else has it worse or whatever is silly. If it seems like an issue to the point where you're spilling it out in an SA thread? TALK TO A PROFESSIONAL.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Desert Bus posted:

TALK TO A PROFESSIONAL.

Or cut your dick off, whatever.

Just don't gently caress your therapist or you might turn in to a skin suit.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

The worst thing to ever happen to you is still the worst thing to ever happen to you

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

wesleywillis posted:

This is the classic advice this thread needs

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

wesleywillis posted:

THIS

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

therapy goon is dead now right

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

D-Pad posted:

The worst thing to ever happen to you is still the worst thing to ever happen to you

the way i've always responded when people start comparing pain is:

a toddler who just fell and skinned his knee and a prisoner of war being tortured are both experiencing the worst pain they've ever felt in their life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sagebrush posted:

the way i've always responded when people start comparing pain is:

a toddler who just fell and skinned his knee and a prisoner of war being tortured are both experiencing the worst pain they've ever felt in their life.

HEY WEVE ALL HAD A TOUGH YEAR ASSPIPE (is what you say to both of them) :catbert: