Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Doctor Malaver posted:

That's the stupidest argument ever since shoplifting=stealing and it can't be tolerated for a variety of reasons.

Les Miserables posted:

Jean Valjean: I stole a loaf of bread. My sister's child was close to death, and we were starving...
Javert Doctor Malaver: You will starve again unless you learn the meaning of the law!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
50% of

Axolotl posted:

I've known people to die from falls down stairs of less than 10 feet and idiots die from falling off balconies and roofs not much higher than that all the time. In most of those cases, they struck their heads and never recovered consciousness. A fall from a 2nd floor hotel balcony onto a hard surface where you don't land on your feet or legs can be catastrophic.

Story is bullshit though. Unless you're at some podunk backwoods hospital, there's no way somebody is going to be able to switch meds as described. It's not like there's just an unsecured room with all the meds in it that people can just browse at their leisure. There's either a pharmacy or Pyxis stations on the wards where you get meds, and they don't just hand them out without orders and authorization.

50% of all uncontrolled falls are fatal. Statistics don't lie, but statistics also don't die.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

In 2020 when people were wearing masks in their cars and using hand sanitizer constantly, I was hanging out with my friend and her dad who is a doctor specializing in infectious diseases and he was like “hey it’s good you’re wearing masks but you know you can take those off when you’re outside unless you’re at a concert or something, you’re not going to get Covid walking down the street”

This is still me—I am also immunocompromised; however, I go outside to run all the time, I’ve been on an airplane twice in the last two years, and I will go places like the store, or the office twice a week, wearing N95 masks.

Knock on wood, I have not even gotten a cold in two years since I started wearing masks and using hand sanitizer constantly. So people really shouldn’t let themselves get turned into hermits because of COVID unless they literally have no immune system at all.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

My uncle who totally and absolutely works at Nintendo said something about a video game that I'd like to be true, yet it's totally not important to cite any sources whatsoever that can be fact-checked, so I'm just going to repeat something that's hearsay at best and actively harmful in the worst-case scenario.

I got diagnosed with cancer a little more than 5 years ago, had surgery+chemo+radiation and despite being told by my oncologist that there shouldn't be a reason to suspect that I'd still be immunocompromised, they also plainly told me that it's a good reason to wear a mask, even outside.

Immunocompressed isn't a boolean value.

Yeah, I get this. I was diagnosed with cancer myself 3 years ago; and despite having the best kind of Leukemia you can have (CLL), which does not at the moment need treatment (knock on wood), my hematologist explicitly told me, “you need to be very careful with COVID because you are absolutely immunocompromised.”

Luckily for me, my body has responded fully to all three full doses of the vaccine—my hematologist told me to make sure I got the full, rather than the booster, dose for my 3rd shot.

I do understand that there are people out there who are actively being treated for cancer, are transplant recipients taking immunosuppressive medication, or have severe insulin resistance, etc. for whom the vaccine produces little to no immune response.

If that were me I would probably be far more paranoid about some of the things I’ve done—like flying especially.

I don’t think it’s healthy though for anyone to just not leave their house for 2 years. All of the evidence seems to indicate their is more risk to your health, and your mental health as well, sitting in your house not getting any exercise, no matter what the status of your immune system, than their is of you catching COVID going for a walk around the neighborhood masked once or twice a day.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

That’s exactly what a permabanned re-reg would say! :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

Hell if I read any more of that guys posts im probably going to need chemo as well

Probably. I know my relationship with the SA forums definitely played a role in my cancer.