Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Please go to therapy and tell your therapist what happened to you. Actually just recite that whole email to the therapist.

If you're not fully honest about everything, you won't be able to get help in the way you need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Sadgoon: I would really recommend therapy and being totally honest during it. You said that during previous attempts at therapy you never brought the abuse up, and that means you weren't being treated properly. I mean, think about it this way: the worst thing that happens is it doesn't help you and we're back to square one, but there's a very real possibility that it can do you a ton of good and change your life. Note that this will not happen quickly. It'll probably take years of therapy and hard work on your part, but if you're serious about recovering I believe you CAN do it!

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Do any of that or anything else out of the house with other people for just a short while and you'll realize that hey, maybe it isn't so hard, talking to people?

Seriously, this right here. It doesn't matter what the gently caress you do, just go out and do things. Honestly exactly what poo poo you do doesn't even matter, you just gotta do Things. The best way to get better confidence and get better with women is to just focus on yourself and your experiences. Stop worrying about being repulsive to people and stop worrying about what others think of you or if they hate you or not. Note: this isn't easy to do and takes a lot of time. I used to have a lot of the same kind of thoughts as you, and when I instead just started focusing on my career and getting more hobbies and learning new skills suddenly all those lovely thoughts just started magically disappearing.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

loquacius posted:

yeah uh you guys should probably get off cocaine again, sorry to be a buzzkill

If your job sucks, you will be depressed regardless of whether you're going through withdrawal or not, so you should stay off coke long enough to actually make it all the way through withdrawal, then quit your job and find a new one. People have crises like these all the time and manage to deal with it without expensive drugs.

This. Kick the coke, find a job that makes you happy, do the same for your wife if she needs it. When you guys are actually happy in your positions in life then you'll notice all these problems vanish. You can't just keep snorting away all your problems, may as well take care of them now while you're not balls deep in a life built around them.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

got any sevens posted:

Weed is actually possibly addictive, the new waxes can make it 100 times as strong as stuff from the hippy era and research on it is just starting.

I mean, even if it's not physically addictive like alcohol or cigarettes, it can definitely be psychologically addictive like video games or gambling. It sounds like cocaine goon definitely isn't super thrilled with his life right now, so if he's got an addictive personality I could see his addiction just hopping from cocaine over to weed. To be fair that's definitely an improvement, but would still maybe need to be addressed eventually.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Cumgoon, the best advice I can give is to just slow down when you feel the moment coming, maybe stop fuckin and wait for the moment to pass by - kiss her neck or play with her titties or some poo poo to pass the time. Maybe make sure you get your gf to orgasm first through oral sex or whatever so then there's not much pressure on you to bring her to orgasm with the sex proper. Or, y'know, you're just 20, this poo poo may just work itself out as you get a bit older.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
What's the One Weird Trick to winning craps? It's a fun game but my strategy isn't much more than "bet on 6 and 8, pray"

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Cheating wife goon, you should probably talk things over with your wife and possibly try couples counseling. Yeah, divorce is probably unavoidable. But you seem hell bent on revenge, and that'll just gently caress up your kids' lives. All three of them. You care about your kids, but trying to ruin their mom's life is just going to be extremely hard on them, even harder than a regular divorce would be. I know you're pissed at her (rightfully so), but you gotta think about what's best for the kids. I would recommend trying to calmly talk to your wife about things. Try to avoid a bigass argument, especially if the kids are home.

E: also keep in mind she likely is pretty unhappy in the marriage and would probably be willing to divorce, you likely don't need to go down the whole ruining lives thing. Get a peaceful divorce and do your best to make sure the kids get to see plenty of both of you. Your teenage daughter will want advice and guidance from her mom since puberty is a bitch, and your twins are only loving 4 years old and desperately need both parents in their lives during these developmental years.

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jul 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I just got off a plane, did the aliens show up or something?