Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Get a semicolon tattoo.

I thought semicolon tattoos were for suicide? The 'anon' specifically said she doesn't want to end her own life.

And I can sympathize with her. I didn't have as bad a childhood as her, but I still can't think about letting people in (psychs included) without having severe anxiety and shame. I wonder if thats her experience as well...

e: assuming, ofc, if it isn't someone just making it up to 'troll' in some wierd way...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Solice Kirsk posted:

It was explained to me in this thread that it was for depressed people that choose not to commit suicide. I'd say she fits that bill. Plus, even a lovely tattoo makes you 100% cooler. Maybe it will give her confidence. Maybe it will act as an ice breaker to start conversations with people. Maybe it will signal to others that know what it symbolizes and she can start slowly building trust with those people.

It wasn't a 100% flippant remark.

Ahh, really? I didn't know that, thanks. Hell, I myself might look into getting one.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Yeah, how dare people want to do something to let other depressed people know that they are not alone and other people have gone through that as well. They should all be ashamed and just isolate themselves away from the normal people so the normal people don't have to be reminded that there are hurting depressed people out there. :jerkbag:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
From what I've heard of it it's not for attention seeking from people who haven't had to go through it, it's to let people are struggling know that they're not alone. Like, I don't get why people think everything has to be about them. Just because a person gets a semicolon tattoo, it doesn't mean they give a poo poo about your attention or want it. Like I said, it's not about you.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Chard posted:

good dog

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Ugh, please someone 'confess' to something funny :(

e: basically sad sack person, what these people are trying to tell you is od and let the world move on without you. You are a failed person who was unlucky enough to get molested, and you are a drain on everything. #realtalk

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Putty posted:

every night i fill my bathtub with tons of these and just soak

Well what else would you expect of someone hooked on the brothers...