Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I haven't got anything useful to offer the OKcupid man, I just wanted to say "that's heavy" and "God speed". I haven't got an answer and I'm definitely not qualified to figure out what's going on there, but it sounds like one hell of a ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
There are no counts here, only Earls

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
If you love rollercoasters that much maybe just do it anyway? So long as you keep your hands on the rails I mean. I can't think of a better way to put it other than basically YOLO

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
IMO cut off the balls, leave the dick. You still get to do sex but now you're sterile and you don't have all the nasty androgens that make your hair fall out. I have no idea what the context of cutting your dick off was originally though.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Aug 7, 2018

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

quote:

I don't have the money for a fancy therapist who could do some long term work

Sounds like a catch 22. I hope I don't sound like an rear end in a top hat if I say you gotta find that money.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Just let the piss fall straight out, no storage.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Everyone's smelled their own rear end...

...it starts to bleed?!

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
What?!

I haven't been on these forums long and I'm not sure I want to stay after hearing this.

But I need to get my moneys worth goddamnit.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Bad memories are stored in the dick.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I've seen too many of my relatives drink and smoke themselves into an early grave, or worse, prolonged suffering for everyone.

Please get help.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

quote:

refuse to ejaculate anywhere but ON the feet

Is this a voluntary refusal or does your dick not fire unless it's pointing at the feet?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Hey potentially trans goon, there's options that aren't going all the way.

I used to have links to the LGBT community, and back then I knew a bunch of people who crossed the gender line but only at the gay bar on the weekend. They'd specifically come here from real far away because where I live is a bit of a dive that no one comes to or cares about. It was their way of not getting caught. A few of them dressed up behind all their family's backs, which was a bit naughty of them I suppose. Others had partners who knew and were fine with them having this "hobby" so to speak.

If you're worried about doing that kind of thing because you might like it and end up snookering yourself into going "full time": in some cases that happened and in others they were just happy to only do it when their group met up. All I wanted to say was that in terms of what you do (rather than who you are) it isn't like you have to either suck it up all the time or go the other way entirely and start talking to doctors about oestrogen. There's a middle ground where you just maybe try on a dress at some point and see how it feels.

I'm not saying you should go for that. What you do is 100% up to you. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of what we used to call "part time" trans people.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 20, 2018

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I get that the spouse is probably thinking infidelity but when I saw these people they weren't hooking up for sex. They were usually sat down talking to each other about their lives, current affairs, the usual nonsense but with a dress on. I wouldn't advocate going behind someone's back but I get why people did. How to say there was an explanation for what they did but it's not an excuse. It wasn't infidelity, it was usually fear combined with the absolute need to escape their masculinity. I can't completely understand because I'm not trans myself, but from talking to these ladies I got the impression that this was something that ate them up inside if they couldn't do it.

Well okay there was one or two who were doing it for fetishistic reasons but mentioning them risks missing the point.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Aug 21, 2018

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
It's not so common here in the UK, but everything here is controlled by the NHS who impose regimented "healthcare pathways" on their service providers. From what I heard in discussion (this was years ago now) apparently trans people here have to be presenting in their gender all the time in all areas of their life for two years before the NHS service providers will even consider hormones. At some point they have to get signed off as sane by a psychiatrist, and they have to provide evidence from family members and their employers that they've been living all the time in their gender over these two years. They'll take in all kinds of evidence like getting your name changed by deed poll before making the decision to actually do anything medical. Most of what I heard in this regard was bitching about how much of a pain in the rear end all this was, and some concerns like someone was balding and didn't want to have to wait 2 years for drugs. I don't know which system is better but I thought it'd be interesting to throw into the discussion.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Theophany posted:

~*~the family home~*~

In the UK if you are put into elderly care and you own a home and you can't pay the fees, the state will sell your home. If you have transferred ownership of your home to someone else in the seven years prior to this decision being made, this transfer will be revoked and the house sold. In other words your house is forfeit and you can't just say "uh, I gave this house to my son it's not mine now" when your health is failing. This creates a situation where families try to hide how ill their elders are, and encourage them to not get the care they need, in order to keep the house in the family.

If you're in the UK this is something you need to know, because if you're a young person with hopes of getting some kind of inheritance this could take you by surprise. My advice is make your own fortune you greedy gently caress, or maybe even consider financing your parents' healthcare needs yourself. They took care of you for the start of your life why not pay it back?

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Aug 22, 2018

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Basically what I'm saying is that the idea of the state paying your elderly care so that you can keep your family home is bullshit. They will sell your home and put you in a lovely state funded care home whether you wanted to or not.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'll be honest. I don't "get" the trans thing fully and I'll just say I trust doctors and psychiatrists to have a better idea of how to build a healthcare system than I do.

Theophany posted:

The Care Act is what sets out the rules for whether or not giving away your home was legitimate and it doesn't have a specific time limit to how long ago you gifted the property though, so you could have given your home to your children a decade ago, but if the Local Authority can prove that it was a deliberate deprivation of capital they can force you to pay for your care.

So we're in agreement that the state isn't somehow trying to preserve your house and pay your care for you. In fact the laws are tighter than I had thought.

Saeku posted:

I grew up in Canada when we had this system...

I can get with the idea. If you know what the meds are going to do to you then you bring it upon yourself if you take them. If you're the 2 in 100 who regret it, well in that case it was their choice. They knew what was going to happen. Sure they're not happy but you don't stop an express train full of people just because 2 people got on the wrong train.

HEY EVERYONE STOP TRANSITIONING, THIS GUY HAS REGRETS

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 22, 2018

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Can everyone just please cut their dicks off

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Theophany posted:

I didn't say it was, though given the visceral reactions I've managed to provoke I don't think I articulated myself very well at the outset.

Well the exact details of who gets a house aren't particularly important in this case. I'll admit that part of the discussion is my fault for picking out when it's not relevant. What we're arguing is transgender healthcare. I believe your argument is that the NHS is strapped for cash and will need to drop certain services.

Sure but the interesting part of these discussions isn't what "is". It's what we think "ought" to be. Do you think transgender healthcare services ought to be axed as a result of the economic situation you describe?

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 22, 2018

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

quote:

I've always been too afraid to tackle things that need to be done, usually until it is too late

I'm now in my thirties and at a point where I feel like its too late for a lot of things

It's Friday afternoon in an office, people are working their 9 to 5 job. No one starts anything now, because at 5pm the week is done. Maybe I'm just a bad person but I find my mind works in a weird way. If something undesirable can be "too late", If there's a time at which it's over and irredeemable, I will stall and stall until that time is here so I can say "too late: don't have to deal with that poo poo."

I'm wondering if you've said to yourself that your 30s are too late so that you can take the rest of your life off. Like it's now Friday afternoon so it won't be worth starting anything big. That's fine, your life is your choice, but the fact you're posting about it seems to imply that you're unhappy about it. You either make a change to that situation or you don't.

I'm sure you know that. Maybe it's a bit scary or stressful to know that. Heck, I'm not perfect when it comes to making the changes that need to be made. This stuff is tough and weird.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Theophany posted:

Ok, I'll shut the gently caress up. Just please, no more of whatever this is.

On an unrelated note, what are the thread's opinions on a flat tax system?

I am ignorant of tax systems good sir. Pray tell, what is a flat tax system and what are your thoughts?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
At any point did you oppose the Batman?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
At what point do you go into the bedroom with someone you have no interest in?

I feel like Loquacious has hit it on the head with this guy having a lack of initiative, and I want to take that further: it's not just a lack of initiative toward women, it's a lack of initiative all around. This guy won't even say "nah dude I'm not gay let's not have sex."

I know masculinity is seen as toxic these days and so on, but I feel like the correct response here is "grow a pair".

Or alternatively get yourself on fetlife and seek out dominant women.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 24, 2018

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
You can't cut off your butthole in the conventional way. You have to "cut it off" from the source using a colostomy.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I put myself at...

...not needing to navel gaze about this stuff.

I don't mean that to say this scale sucks or anything. I just feel like it's missing a trick when it comes to the weird mess that is relationships. I feel like deciding what I do in any given situation is more important than figuring out what it means or possibly who I am. When I'm attracted to someone "do I try to take this anywhere?" is a much bigger concern than "on a fundamental level am I primarily romantic as a person?" When it comes down to you, another person, some awkward feelings and attempting a conversation what is the use in knowing the latter?

Like maybe if this guy decided to not have sex with men it'd be a lot less awkward.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Aug 25, 2018

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The best guide is a friend who you do stupid poo poo with when you're together and you don't quite know why. I don't mean sexual, I mean keeping it real.

There's this guy I know and every time we're near each other we just beatbox and make up ad hoc rhymes even though we're the whitest people ever. Someone behind us once said "can you stop that" and we just sampled that poo poo using our voice. If you're willing to just keep it real, beautiful things can happen. Stuff like this isn't planned. I would never in a million years have planned to beatbox nor would I think of myself as someone who is fundamentally into beatboxing but it's just what happens when this guy and I are together, you know? It's like an unspoken competition where we're trying to up the ante on how cringey we can be as white people.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 25, 2018

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Is there a way to hook up the anons in this thread. Get the not gay party goon into the sex cult somehow?

But in all seriousness I worry if that's real. Like someone could well get sexually assaulted by these women.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Aug 27, 2018

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
In the talk about alcohol you say you're trying to cope with depression and anxiety. IMO the alcohol isn't the most dangerous thing in your system right now. Know what I'm saying?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Personally I'm a lightweight and it's great. I save so much money, and I get to the point so much quicker. Everyone around me is drinking their wallet dry trying to show off while I'm more than unstable enough after a few ciders.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
If the drink tastes poo poo get drunk enough not to care

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I wonder what the cult would do if you expressed your "it's probably just an intense LARP" doubts.

You into kinky stuff?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

quote:

anon tell your mom to get a divorce

What if she creates the conditional "I'll divorce if I can live with you" ?

I'm not saying don't tell her to divorce because of this possibility. I'm saying to come up with your response to this possibility beforehand, whatever that response may be.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
There are puzzles where the edge pieces have open connections so you can't rely on getting the edge first.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Keep us updated, crush anon.

I want to know how quickly she moves onto guy #3.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I also want to see the rear end.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
It's a post truth world in which our online identities have become more of our self than our real world interactions.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

wesleywillis posted:

Am I the picture or caption?

Yes.

Nobody loves Trump more than Trump.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Just let your cat do its business in the neighborhood jeez.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

quote:

I feel like an outsider now.

Have you considered 4chan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
What if his will says "gently caress you in particular, 25k debt anon"