Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

limp_cheese posted:

Heart goon: Maybe what you're dealing with is survivor's guilt. Surviving something that should kill you is weird and it isn't helped when you have a bunch of people telling you how lucky you are. You should be happy and relieved, but you're not because you don't know how to process what's happened and what it means. Therapy is useful and if it works for you try it. Otherwise you just need to give it time for your mind to come to terms. You'll probably fall into drugs and alcohol, which is fine, just try to be mindful so you don't suddenly find yourself drowning in the stuff. If you go the non-therapy route I would suggest some psychedelics like mushrooms or acid. Just be sure to be honest with yourself, which is harder than it sounds.

I wish I could say you'll totally get over this but whenever you explain what happened to someone those feelings will come back. Hopefully by then you'll learn how to manage it. Good luck and try to enjoy the fact you have time now.

my nigga have you tried lsd?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

value-brand cereal posted:

Was it this confession thread or another one where the op thinks their uncle/relative was involved with the Chicago Tylenol murders? Anyone remember a follow up to that? Maybe it was an en thread. I hope genitals were applied to in any case.

It was in this PYF thread somewhere. The FBI looked into it but didn't find anything, if I am remembering it correctly.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3631148

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

bad sugarpop habit posted:

Semi-anonymous alt-account confession, I sent in some kind of drunk missive about my struggles with gender identity to some iteration of this thread so long ago that I couldn't find it via search, and now like.....6? 8? years later I'm suddenly and unexpectedly out as trans to like 95% of my social circle and things are still kind of weird but also awesome. I feel super good (which is somehow kind of terrifying, ngl) and everyone has been surprisingly supportive and awesome, even people I'd specifically kinda worried about in the past. I'm like, actively pursuing therapy for the first time in my life and overall I feel so much more comfortable and happy just existing.

So this thread actually got someone to get to the root of the problem and actually cut their dick off. Amazing. (sorry if you are going the other way, I needed to make the joke. Congrats though!)

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

burial posted:

New confession - and I guess mine is that I read it twice and still don't fully understand all the details.

I am still checking the account.

This reads like a Waffle House post, but i'm sure there are more Goons with similarly distorted minds running around.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

vortmax posted:

:same:
Just because you think your experience isn't as bad as others doesn't mean it wasn't bad. Your pain is valid. Your bad experiences are valid. You can ask for help and treatment for your experiences without comparing it to others. You deserve to be happy too.

^--- Good post

Suffering is NOT a competition, and everyone's brains work differently. Trying to math out what's worse and how someone else has it worse or whatever is silly. If it seems like an issue to the point where you're spilling it out in an SA thread? TALK TO A PROFESSIONAL.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

wesleywillis posted:

Or cut your dick off, whatever.

THIS

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Baron von Eevl posted:

Unrelated but I can't read any of your posts without hearing Casio demo music and the words being read in his voice.

oh god now i'm doing it too.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Is the "cut your dick off" joke advice still OK or have we reached a tipping point where there's just too many Trans/NB/etc. Goons for it to still be funny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

The idea that it’s offensive only when enough trans people have arrived to witness the boring, casual bigotry is kind of funny.

Yeah I phrased that badly. Sometimes I words bad and not good.