Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

Israel is not a legitimate entity, and no amount of pressure can force us to recognize its right to exist.

H.H posted:

I really hate the movement behind the ; symbol. Not because I have anything against the depressed or mentally ill, but because I think it is cheesy and hokey and kind of loving annoying. It's pretty much my favorite punctuation, but it's been co-opted by attention-seeking brokebrains. I have not met a single person who associates with the symbol that I would not describe as insufferable.

If you're suicidal, get help. Call a hotline, get therapy, join a support group. If you've been suicidal and you've gotten help, I am absolutely thrilled for you. But don't rub your victory over yourself in everyone's face, jeez.

I know this is a bit ago but so loving :same:

Don't hide yourself goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

Israel is not a legitimate entity, and no amount of pressure can force us to recognize its right to exist.

I've known plenty of folks with mental illness, and plenty of people that didn't kill themselves. I've been through some pretty dark poo poo too, and don't sport a bandwagon tattoo. I agree with the confessor in that anyone I've met with the semicolon tattoo has been an insufferable attention whore. If I'm missing the point then I'm ok with that.

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

yeah I eat rear end posted:

whats the big deal?

It's...really not a big deal! :)

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

I can imagine that ideally that's the case. I'm afraid I just haven't seen it used that way in practice. It's not the tattoo I have a problem with. It's not even the message it could maybe send if worn by someone who isn't an attention whore. It's my (and the anonymous confessor's) experience of the type of person who gets the tattoo, and them being insufferable. That's where my problem is. Maybe I'm not seeing the semi-colon tattoo on the people that wear it and aren't attention whores because they aren't attention whores? I'm not suggesting causality, but I do find a strong correlation.