Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Bust Rodd posted:

I have the opposite problem, my right hand and arm are like easily 1.5 if not 2x as strong as my left hand because I’ve been cranking it 1-5 times a day for the last 18 years. I could open up an armored bank car like a sardine can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

burial posted:

I should have asked for a link way before now, but I'm still intrigued so uh, please?

So, here is another fresh 'fesh but I'm gonna put it under spoilers because it's pretty dark. I guess don't read it if you're sensitive to medical trauma or reproductive regret.

There probably are a LOT of people who feel like you feel - maybe even some who could commiserate and offer you some sort of understanding and hope.

I am curious why you believe you won't be free to pursue your own life until your child is 30 though. You're still allowed to seek fulfillment as a parent through things other than your offspring. It's normal and healthy, even. Necessary?

I don't think that it's their own life that they're waiting to pursue.

Anonymous confessor, that's an absolutely heartbreaking story and I'm sorry you're hurting so badly and have been for so long. I am glad that you're still around for your kiddo, and that your love is keeping you anchored even if it's so painful.

I would encourage you to find some kind of support structure however you can, even if it's just someone to vent and dump to.