Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Me:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I can do 8 pullups in a row. Jelly much

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I go to Planet Fitness for the free pizza

I go to planned parenthood for the same reason.

The Laughing Man
Sep 21, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

Dum Cumpster posted:

I had no symptoms of any heart issues until mine crapped out one day when I was 22. Was just lucky to survive. I don't know about the rest of what happened to him but with some heart disease it doesn't matter who your daddy is.

I'm sure his heart was under stress with his various drug use, smoking, and steroid usage. I'm not sure what his exact heart defect was but I remember the coroner's report translation roughly and I'm pretty sure his cardiologist mother went on record saying she checked him and he was fine. Heart disease is a totally different thing than a most probably forged corners report in Thailand.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Zyzz died in Pattaya, noted mob poo poo hole of Thailand. If you piss off the wrong person you'll get murdered and no one will ever say a word.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

FedEx Mercury posted:

I can do 8 pullups in a row. Jelly much

i just hit 8 the other day, might be a PR

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Welcome back swole thread. Feeling good, thick, tight. Hope all you pissbitch made sissy lifters are too.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Defiant Sally posted:

Zyzz died in Pattaya, noted mob poo poo hole of Thailand. If you piss off the wrong person you'll get murdered and no one will ever say a word.

He got killed by Bruce, you heard it here first.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

He got killed by Bruce, you heard it here first.

His death was faked. He just wanted out of the spotlight.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Yaaaay, thread back!

Today I lifted things. Is good. I am progressing on my lifts again and am going to spend the winter going from 145lb to 155lb, and then decide what I want to do next.

Also rib-popping sounds like the most :gonk: inducing thing ever.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Nostratic posted:

You are younger than me, and 10 times more injured

how old are you? I'm 31 but I think I have said that in here before. mine is just a lot of naggling little things because I work so much(And a trash diet but I'm slowly improving). My knee is actually good enough I've been able to squat the past several weeks no problem, hoping it stays that way since I'm building my strength back up in my knees. My back wound up just being a pulled muscle confirmed by a dr visit. And the wrist thing immediately feels better already. I figure it'll be like this from now on although hopefully less frequent as I eat and hopefully sleep better.

e:Also my wrist is the only thing that actually originated from in the gym

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Sep 30, 2016

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Threads like this is why id never touch a weight again.
Callisthenics only, if it was good enough for spartans, its good enough for me.
Also i cant train naked in a gym (not for long anyways).

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
one day i hope to read a post by drunk driver dad itt that is not about how some part of him is broken, inshallah

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Considering doing a bulk for nov-jan/Feb, followed by a 3 month cut followed by six months trying to maintain. Pros, max salami intake. Cons, my crippling body dysmorphia, innate fear that I'll turn back into a fat slob sadsack.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
That sting of the soap on your bloody shins after deadlift day 😅

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I've been on a pretty consistant bulk for this year and it's going great so far goons.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

how old are you? I'm 31 but I think I have said that in here before. mine is just a lot of naggling little things because I work so much(And a trash diet but I'm slowly improving). My knee is actually good enough I've been able to squat the past several weeks no problem, hoping it stays that way since I'm building my strength back up in my knees. My back wound up just being a pulled muscle confirmed by a dr visit. And the wrist thing immediately feels better already. I figure it'll be like this from now on although hopefully less frequent as I eat and hopefully sleep better.

e:Also my wrist is the only thing that actually originated from in the gym

46 in one week :corsair: Death approaches and I require gains.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

did weighted pullups for the first time in my life today, felt like a boss knockin out sets with half a plate hanging off me.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005

Yolomon Wayne posted:

reminder spartans hosed little boys and got turbodunked out of real life, existing in lovely comic book nerd fantasy land only

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Yolomon Wayne posted:

like 99% sure they had heavy objects to pick up and put down back then

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

roymorrison posted:

reminder spartans hosed little boys and got turbodunked out of real life, existing in lovely comic book nerd fantasy land only

So you're saying they were MODS?

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Back day is the best and only day. Row row row LIL BOAT

Doredrin
Sep 5, 2016

by zen death robot
My arms to torso ratio makes deadlifting impossible without crushing my balls.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If you take enough roids I'm sure your balls will be small enough to deadlift eventually.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Doredrin posted:

My arms to torso ratio makes deadlifting impossible without crushing my balls.

Sounds like you need a thigh gap

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Dum Cumpster posted:

Sounds like you need a thigh gap
Nah, unless he is standing with his feet touching or something weird. There's no way in hell your balls should be out past your thigh unless you got like 12 inch balls or are clapping your thighs together for some reason which is real unnatural. My deadlift lockout is well past the lower part of my balls, I get bruises on my thighs while deadlifting, and it has never hit my balls.

Shrugging and dick, now that's an entirely different problem.

edit: On closer inspection, thankfully it's just below my balls. Welp guess you're screwed buddy.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 30, 2016

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Khorne posted:

Nah, just needs some quads/thighs to begin with because there's no way in hell your balls should be out past your thigh unless you got like 12 inch balls or something. My deadlift lockout is well past the lower part of my balls, I get bruises on my thighs while deadlifting, and it has never hit my balls.

When I stand anywhere close to shoulder width apart my balls have nowhere to go but forward into danger territory.

For only $9.99 I can demonstrate this for you in a private show...

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Dum Cumpster posted:

When I stand anywhere close to shoulder width apart my balls have nowhere to go but forward into danger territory.
I guess mine have nowhere to go too. I just have no physical awareness at all.

Also, snatch grip deadlift has hit my dick and balls before.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
We're going to need to see that guy's balls before we give him any more advice.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

FedEx Mercury posted:

That sting of the soap on your bloody shins after deadlift day 😅

Are you that goon leaving pools of blood on the gym floor after deadliftin?

I always jump in my pool after deadlifts and the chlorine can burn sometimes so I feel your pain

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Fallows posted:

Are you that goon leaving pools of blood on the gym floor after deadliftin?

I always jump in my pool after deadlifts and the chlorine can burn sometimes so I feel your pain

i deadlift in sweats :smuggo:

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I have finally said gently caress it and bought a PPR200X power rack. Finally I can squat in peace without waiting in line forever like it's the loving DMV.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

UnfurledSails posted:

I have finally said gently caress it and bought a PPR200X power rack. Finally I can squat in peace without waiting in line forever like it's the loving DMV.
I go to the gym between midnight and 4am usually so no one is there anyway. I don't think I could deal with waiting to use stuff.

I do take somewhat long rest times so I wouldn't mind if someone or even multiple people worked in.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 1, 2016

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
I wish lifting weights would go back to the way it was 6 years ago when it was a niche interest that only no life autists took part in. Those were the days.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Defiant Sally posted:

I wish lifting weights would go back to the way it was 6 years ago when it was a niche interest that only no life autists took part in. Those were the days.

this has never been true

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Defiant Sally posted:

Just move to the north eastern US. It's a super niche interest here right now. Most of the local gyms have closed down and everything. There's just lovely chains like planet fitness.

Probably because most people just have home gyms. I know people in $850/mo 3br apartments who have power racks up on the third loving floor of a building constructed in the 1920s.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

UnfurledSails posted:

I have this and it works perfectly fine. I'm sure it'd hold up longer if I wasn't constantly dragging it in and out of position since I don't have the space to keep it set up all the time in my garage.

gently caress paying for a gym membership and having to commute to/from one. I don't have to deal with people giving me dirty looks for eating salami between sets.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
the nice thing about working out at home is that, 3 times out of 5, there isn't a geriatric blowdrying his balls in your bathroom when you go to shower up afterward

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

I have a nice power rack sitting in pieces because the house I'm renting doesn't have room for it. So I just work out at my office gym and get to see my smelly fat coworkers naked instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Say no to hex plates