Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I would work out at home but there's no hot girls in yoga pants hanging around my place unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

FedEx Mercury posted:

I would work out at home but there's no hot girls in yoga pants hanging around my place unfortunately.

What about your mom?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

LordArgh posted:

one day i hope to read a post by drunk driver dad itt that is not about how some part of him is broken, inshallah

hopefully from now on it will only be PR's being broken. My strength gains seemed to have stopped in bench press since I cut out some calories. I may be losing weight too fast, I think I've gone from 204 to 193 in the last 3 weeksish? maybe 4

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
I think my gym is slowly dying. They used to have everything in a moderately well sized room, but moved the free weight stuff into a smaller room downstairs. I actually liked this, because it meant less middle aged men curling an empty bar in the squat rack or old people whining about music being played/noise created by padded plates hitting the rubber mat. I've usually spent all my time here, but recently started going to the big room to do abs, stretch etc. It used to be full at the times I go, but recently it's been completely empty or max 2-3 people. My only reason to go here is because it's a 5 minute walk from my home, but I guess someone else would take over if the current owner failed.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You should take over.

Take over the gym.

Become boss of the gym

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

hahahaha

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I see MMA fighters hitting tires all the time

Apparently baseballers do it too

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I have a cold and haven't left the house, so no cardio. Should I drop my calories a few hundred calories today, or eat at maintenance anyway? :/

And how many calories of salami?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Pesmerga posted:

I have a cold and haven't left the house, so no cardio. Should I drop my calories a few hundred calories today, or eat at maintenance anyway? :/

Feed a cold.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bulk a cold.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Defiant Sally posted:

I wish lifting weights would go back to the way it was 6 years ago when it was a niche interest that only no life autists took part in. Those were the days.

As a proud no life autist I'm really starting to enjoy lifting and tracking EVERYTHING.

Pesmerga posted:

take NAC poo poo really works for colds

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

proof of concept posted:

this has never been true

Powerlifting meets were a lot different 3+ years ago

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
if I want to walk into a vitamins and supplements store and walk out with a tub full of powder that will make me high as gently caress, what's the best thing to purchase?

e: and more than just "shitload of caffeine" wired

proof of concept fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 1, 2016

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Good Dog posted:

I have this and it works perfectly fine. I'm sure it'd hold up longer if I wasn't constantly dragging it in and out of position since I don't have the space to keep it set up all the time in my garage.

gently caress paying for a gym membership and having to commute to/from one. I don't have to deal with people giving me dirty looks for eating salami between sets.

Same here. Mine's in place on horse stall mats in the garage so I can work out while free-balling with no fucks given.

Tolkien minority posted:

take NAC poo poo really works for colds

I also smells like literal Hell - loving sulfur. I remember giving that in the ER to idiot 14 year old girls who tried to OD on tylenol. They got the option of drinking it down or I'd put a tube down their throat and pour it down that way.

a mysterious cloak fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 1, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I have not been sick yet in 2016. I hope i'll go the whole year without a cold

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

proof of concept posted:

if I want to walk into a vitamins and supplements store and walk out with a tub full of powder that will make me high as gently caress, what's the best thing to purchase?

epinephrine, BROTHER

Enjoy destroying the gym

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

proof of concept posted:

Ask the guy for the good stuff behind the counter, he will know exactly what you need

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

proof of concept posted:

My man have you tried working out on LSD?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
my training for the last month has been deadlifting and 2x a week ohp and incline dumbell press

loving the upper body pumps

gonna go back to 5/3/1 though in winter and pack on some mass to keep me warm

The Laughing Man
Sep 21, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
Did my Aqua Squatting today at the pool, kinda like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FnDMqdeRTo

Looking to increase my energy levels so I can get involved with a more complete program like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBy0xZPoWzM

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Khorne posted:

Just move to the north eastern US. It's a super niche interest here right now. Most of the local gyms have closed down and everything. There's just lovely chains like planet fitness.

Probably because most people just have home gyms. I know people in $850/mo 3br apartments who have power racks up on the third loving floor of a building constructed in the 1920s.

Here in Alberta going to the gym is basically all there is to do outside of our 3 month summer if you're not a skiier or bar star. The last few years i've seen a HUGE spike in fuckwits doing ~*cOnTeSt PrEp*~ poo poo and trying to become instagram stars. The uni gym that I've lifted at for 7ish years used to be a ghost town and now it is just loving slammed year round. I blame the explosion of social media for it mostly. For a couple years there it seemed everyone had a """""pro card"""" to some lovely fed. Glad that trend is dying off tbh.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Apprentice Dick posted:

My man have you tried working out on LSD?

I want something that comes in powder format in a tub that they sell not that the dude behind the counter sells in an unmarked vial

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Can't wait to pick up this "Ab Incline Bench + Weights" for $8. What a steal!

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

proof of concept posted:

I actually want an actual answer to this question because I know there is one and I'm genuinely curious

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

proof of concept posted:

proof of concept posted:

I actually want an actual answer to this question because I know there is one and I'm genuinely curious

For a serious answer the best I have tried recently is Ritual. Good buzz and mental energy, but I'm Canadian and our powder availability is garbage. In the US you can get way better poo poo like Cannibal Ferox or JP8X Hardcore which will gently caress your poo poo right up. Noted idiot and powder thread overlord Krustster swears by JP8X.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I ordered some preworkout with that dmaa poo poo. I hope it's good.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I ordered some preworkout with that dmaa poo poo. I hope it's good.

what's it called? where can I get some?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

The Laughing Man posted:

Did my Aqua Squatting today at the pool, kinda like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FnDMqdeRTo

Looking to increase my energy levels so I can get involved with a more complete program like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBy0xZPoWzM

you got a pool? i'm jelly

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

proof of concept posted:

I want something that comes in powder format in a tub that they sell not that the dude behind the counter sells in an unmarked vial

Well that's just preworkout stuff, which is mainly caffeine and beta-alanin and L-arginin. It'll make you hyped the first time you take it (unless you're already caffeine resistant due to drinking coffee) but most preworkouts will stop giving you much benefits after a while as you build up resistance to the stuff

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Arginine is super outdated and isn't in anything anymore. The new PUMP MAGNIFIER is Agmatine Sulfate and it is some real rear end poo poo.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
I did some jumping jacks and then had a nap

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

proof of concept posted:

what's it called? where can I get some?

I got this https://www.a1supplements.com/aps-nutrition-mesomorph

E: removed the link to the other stuff. Maybe it's against the rules since it's technically a pure form of a drug? Hell I don't know. If you google it it's not hard to find.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Oct 2, 2016

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

https://www.nutrivitashop.com/products/10pu1dmusp-html

Is the pure stuff you can order and mix with caffiene/other pre work outs. The price seems to have doubled in the last few years though

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i googled " buy DMAA" in my language and the first hit is an online steroid shop lol

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Can you buy the PWO "Jack3d" in America? It's literally illegal here in sweden

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

proof of concept posted:

I've never really trusted anything sold in a health & fitness store, so instead I order semi-legal ECA (ephedrine, caffeine, and asprin) capsules from internet diet stores, they're pretty much the gold standard in doing two-hour wide-eyed caveman workouts

Otoh I think it's more difficult to get those in the US because ephedrine is considered a precursor to crystal meth, so I guess that's another tick in the box for becoming a healthy and rounded individual by taking up physical culture

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
gains

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
ahhh the swolethread

I like to supplement my lifting with aggressive pyjama man hugging and occasional fake fight grapplestuff I highly recommend it..............except for the big knee I got to the head today.

Been trying to drop weight recently since I got over-fat and it has destroyed my ability to lift.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If you start taking a medium dose of test, say 300 - 400mg per week, and aren't planning to cycle, is it advisable to monitor estrogen levels or is that really only an issue after stopping test ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Why would you do roids