Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Khorne posted:

I'm not fuckin jacked even if I was at 8% bf right now. I don't have much muscle at all.

yeh thats what i'm saying. 24% bf at a a high body weight is very different from 24% bf at a lower one (you are not 24% body fat).. kind of like how 15% body fat at 150 lb is probably skinny fat, while 15% at 250lb is an offseason bodybuilder. i'm really not trying to poo poo on you or anything i'm just trying to explain why i was saying no one has a tdee at 3.5k unless they're quite fat or quite muscular, and in the former case thats only their tdee if they want to stay fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

i'm on the michael phelps diet minus the swimming why am i not looking like him yet

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I've always heard "go under %15 body fat before going for any serious bulk" but gently caress man those last 10 pounds are hilariously hard to lose. I've been stuck at around 170 pounds for years now. I'm changing my main goal from "go down to 155-160" to "get as strong as possible without going over 180".

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

UnfurledSails posted:

I've always heard "go under %15 body fat before going for any serious bulk" but gently caress man those last 10 pounds are hilariously hard to lose. I've been stuck at around 170 pounds for years now. I'm changing my main goal from "go down to 155-160" to "get as strong as possible without going over 180".

its a horrible diet (in terms of what you can eat/ease of doing it), but i'm below 10% for the first time in my life on low calorie keto. essentially a protein sparing modified fast with slightly more fat. haven't lost any strength or (that I can see) muscle mass. read everything lyle mcdonald wrote on the subject if you wanna go down this route tho

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Pon de Bundy posted:

remember the post the W and W pics you got thread

its been closed for like a year now

wtf happened

i wanna see oiled up dudes, muscular women and questionably big "natural" bodies

Weird idiots kept starting stupid rear end slap fights I think and Shine got tired of having to step in.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Defiant Sally posted:

Weird idiots kept starting stupid rear end slap fights I think and Shine got tired of having to step in.

well thats no good.

i'm 5'9 160 pounds of pure TWINK

*flexes and jigglyTUFF tanktop slightly rips*

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Tolkien minority posted:

its a horrible diet (in terms of what you can eat/ease of doing it), but i'm below 10% for the first time in my life on low calorie keto. essentially a protein sparing modified fast with slightly more fat. haven't lost any strength or (that I can see) muscle mass. read everything lyle mcdonald wrote on the subject if you wanna go down this route tho

It's mostly the motivation not really the specific diet that's holding me back I think. I guess it's just hard to lose weight with the goal of attaining a baseline so that you can start the "real work". It feels much better psychologically to get hella strong first and go "when I lose all this extra fat I'll look awesome"

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
When making a big lifestyle change its better to make small changes over time. So one would start either the diet or exercise routine first, then bring in the other one after a few weeks.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Khorne posted:

I go at 11pm-midnight and no one is waiting.

Acceptable then.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

UnfurledSails posted:

It's mostly the motivation not really the specific diet that's holding me back I think. I guess it's just hard to lose weight with the goal of attaining a baseline so that you can start the "real work". It feels much better psychologically to get hella strong first and go "when I lose all this extra fat I'll look awesome"

The thing is (strong broscience inc I can't be bothered to source) that when you're lean, your body is better primed to stay lean and build muscle whereas when you still have a lot of extra fat your gains are gonna be made up by fat and muscle more.

So while you might get equally strong either way, you won't be equally muscular. (And let's be real neither you nor I nor 95% of this thread is gunna get hella strong anytime soon regardless)

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I'm as strong as an ant, if an ant was this big {..........................}

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Tolkien minority posted:

The thing is (strong broscience inc I can't be bothered to source) that when you're lean, your body is better primed to stay lean and build muscle whereas when you still have a lot of extra fat your gains are gonna be made up by fat and muscle more.

So while you might get equally strong either way, you won't be equally muscular. (And let's be real neither you nor I nor 95% of this thread is gunna get hella strong anytime soon regardless)

just need to take a bit of vitamin t

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
(eh)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'm strong when I want to be

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

Tolkien minority posted:

read everything lyle mcdonald wrote on the subject if you wanna go down this route tho

now my dog is looking at me all weird tho

good electric
Jan 29, 2009
HIS LIFE IS DEFICIENT. HE NEVER HAS SEX.

HE LACKS $10 TO BUY HIMSELF A CUSTOM TITLE AND IS REDUCED TO BEGGING FOR ONE.

Commie NedFlanders posted:

205 -> 155

i have a naturally lean body type, but i did become overweight so i fixed it

oh word I went from 205 to 155 lbs in 5 months doing PHAT and gay skinhead fighting but how the gently caress did you do it in one summer? did you lose a humiliating amount of muscle along with the fat? post pics tia~

UnfurledSails posted:

just cut til you see abs and slow bulk at +500 kcals from there. I hit 1/2/3/4 for 3-5 reps at my fattest and I still felt like poo poo at the gym seeing my fat loving face straining during a heavy rear end lifts because there's mirrors everywhere

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

good electric posted:

just cut til you see abs and slow bulk at +500 kcals from there. I hit 1/2/3/4 for 3-5 reps at my fattest and I still felt like poo poo at the gym seeing my fat loving face straining during a heavy rear end lifts because there's mirrors everywhere

This is true. I didn't go as far as you did but I went up to 190 while doing SS and all my lifts shot up but I felt like a fat sack of poo poo every time I rolled out of bed jiggling all over the place. Eating at a deficit and lifting heavy feels absolutely horrible, though, even though it's the best way to ensure you're losing as much fat as possible instead of muscle

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
my abs dont go away, i can get pretty fuckin fat and still have abs when i flex em. All my stomach fat is on the lovehandles and like, nothing on the front :confuoot:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Wait has GBS been back for over a week already? It's still that weird name thing on the awful app on my phone. Guess I shouldn't just post from my phone...

At any rate I swear the gym at my school is frequented by a Chris Hemsworth impersonator. poo poo's uncanny.

Has a pretty drat good OHP too.

In other news, my new post-lifting food: fried chicken. No good burritos in the midwest, but drat this chicken is good.

What's a better post-lift food, a carne asada burrito or a bucket of fried chicken?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I pulled my back doing chin ups :corsair:

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
youre supposed to pull WITH your back

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

FedEx Mercury posted:

I can do 8 pullups in a row. Jelly much

FedEx Mercury posted:

I pulled my back doing chin ups :corsair:

:greencube:

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

What's a better post-lift food, a carne asada burrito or a bucket of fried chicken?

fried chicken is the best no doubt my local greasery used to do these massive breast pieces so my saturday was

lift
chicken
nap

it owned

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

This picture legit gave me chills. I'm having burrito withdrawls.

Cardio day today, as much as cardio sucks...

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

I have healed, stronger than ever.

naem
May 29, 2011

I didn't lots of push-ups an now nmy boobs are big

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i felt real weak today for some reason. maybe its due to the mexico trip last weekend. idk.

ive acquired a carne asada burrito to get my meat levels up. will report back.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Computer nerd who found out about fitness in his mid 30s is my favorite GBS meme

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Carmant posted:

Computer nerd who found out about fitness in his mid 30s is my favorite GBS meme

bruh ive seen ur okc profile ur a skinnyfat nerd shut it if people wanna improve themselves

(im younger than u :smuggo:)

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Tolkien minority posted:

bruh ive seen ur okc profile ur a skinnyfat nerd shut it if people wanna improve themselves

(im younger than u :smuggo:)

If you say so

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
IF you are above [age] then you should just give up

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://twitter.com/RobPulseNews/status/784388189872132097

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
Not bad at 20℅bf but if u looked at doing 10 reps of 120lbs back elbow swing u could get that down to about 15℅ and 234a porch rod rotoation at a delineation of about 13.6 degrees.

Edit: gently caress yeah burritos

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Zzulu posted:

IF you are above 1 then you should just give up

Just give up. Never not give up.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I tried giving up on everything but that was exhausting so I just gave up.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Went swimming yesterday after jogging the day before. Swam with a friend, she showed me up. Leg cramped up after half an hour (37 mins?) And now I can't extend it all the way.

I guess it's arm day today.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not the strongest swimmer (yet) but I still enjoy it when the very fat or very elderly are taking up a lap lane while using the hand and/or foot paddles, and I still swim faster than them.

But then some young turd comes in and blows me away with her lap times, and then I just get more determined and try harder.

Then salami time.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

in the process of getting my scuba certification and its p dope. i like going in water with fins and fish and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Legit saw a dude cruising and playing with his balls in the sauna yesterday.