Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
I presently have facial hair. Like kind of a gay looking thing like this:

I basically hate it, and want to shave it off 24/5 (weekends are no shave days). What is GBS opinion on face hair and how does it affect your life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

mine is 5 inches long also it is on my rear end

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Jesus op.

What the gently caress?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
all facial hair idiots are millennial jackasses that don't have the effort to shave, i promote the guys that care enough that shave hth

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Manly stubble is the only way to go.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

VendaGoat posted:

Jesus op.

What the gently caress?

correct

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The General posted:

Manly stubble is the only way to go.

Yes.

Yes.

skeemon
Aug 4, 2007

$ $ $T R A P L O R D $ $ $

Let it grow as long as it takes for you to look slightly grizzled, then shave. 3 days is the sweet spot for me. Any longer than that I look like that dude with the thick but patchy af beard @ 15 years old

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I clean shave against the grain at least once every two or three days but am still permanently coated with thick razor sharp stubble. I produce so much coarse stubble that I have taken to mixing my razor residue with a cleanser and selling it as a luxury branded exfoliant.

skeemon
Aug 4, 2007

$ $ $T R A P L O R D $ $ $

Moon Atari posted:

I clean shave against the grain at least once every two or three days but am still permanently coated with thick razor sharp stubble. I produce so much coarse stubble that I have taken to mixing my razor residue with a cleanser and selling it as a luxury branded exfoliant.

Lisa, I'd like to buy your exfoliant

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I hate shaving. But I can't just grow it out cause then I have to maintain it. gently caress facial hair

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

I have a beard cause my wife tells me to not shave. Still trim the moustache and neck tho, so not totally 19th century

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

if i shave then what will cover up my herpes sores? fuggin think before you post op

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Moon Atari posted:

are u at ignite this week? I've seen a lot of fat fuckos that can't deal with the walks and the best is lol I have the blue badge in the Omni

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

MiracleWhale posted:

if i shave then what will cover up my herpes sores? fuggin think before you post op

poo poo sounds like you should have thought before you were suckin dick for nickels behind the 7/11 imo

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

luv 2 date boys posted:

poo poo sounds like you should have thought before you were suckin dick for nickels behind the 7/11 imo

:agreed:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
If I don't have the "dirty stubble" I either resemble a cop or a dirty loving hippy.

Stubble of shittiness 4 life, yo.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Anything more than 5 o clock shadow takes me from brooding Easter Island serial killer look to making me look like an alcoholic hobo.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
But seriously, gently caress shaving

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Got a neckbeard and proud of it.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

a bone to pick posted:

Got a neckbeard and proud of it.

u should shave

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i burn my facial hair off with chemicals

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

luv 2 date boys posted:

when you're having a good time you don't always think about the consequences

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Have to be clean shaven because stubble will prevent the scba mask from sealing. Hydrogen Sulphide can suck a dick.

Also jerkcity was funny

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
I have had a beard since 2006, not gonna shave it off now.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Facial hair is for lumber jacks, bikers, and losers who aren't as cool as the first two groups but think if they mimic them they will be (they won't)

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I have had some form of facial hair since 2004, either a beard or a goatee. I shaved it once, briefly, in 2008. I was promptly told by every single person I know "please grow it back."

Perhaps I have a weak chin.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I grew a beard because i am too lazy to shave

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

Sokrateez posted:

I have a beard cause my wife tells me to not shave.

That's because she doesn't want to see your face.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
A beard is inherently deceptive. That's why orthodox Jews always look so shifty. It's not their fault, it's just the beards.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

Pictured:

Left: A liar, a dissembler, a nogoodnik.
Right: A straightforward, righteous man.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

misty mountaintop posted:

A beard is inherently deceptive. That's why orthodox Jews always look so shifty. It's not their fault, it's just the beards.

*squinting, from a distance* i-is his head big or is his hat small

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
The lumberjack beards need to go unless they are being worn on someone who is built like the Greek statues.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

im just a hairy person like really fuckin hairy as poo poo you just gotta go with it you know

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Choose the middle path between :effort: full face shaving and looking like a bum, I do.Pro tip: No neckbeard thicker than light stubble unless you want to have to beg on the street for a "career" and never have sex again except with another neckbeard.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Beards are becoming more and more fashionable because that's what happens sometimes, people who hate it just grow terrible beards and are jealous.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Away all Goats posted:

I hate shaving. But I can't just grow it out cause then I have to maintain it. gently caress facial hair

As someone who has spent years shaving and keeping a short beard, I can tell you maintaining a beard is so much less hassle than shaving.

When I shaved, I had to do it once a day. Had to buy blades and shaving cream often.

With a short beard, I bought one beard trimmer ten years ago for $15, and have to give it a quick three minute trim and touch up one a week or so.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
If I grow facial hair, it is a result of laziness

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I don't because in my country and society, it is haram

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
ehh maybe if i hit 35 years old i'll grow a beard until then i want to fool myslef into thinking i;m young

• Locked thread