Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Mahmoud's train has no brakes.

Mozi posted:

well i'm sure saving all that money on not installing 'positive train control' is better than having the hoboken station out of commission for the indefinite future with structural damage not to mention paying off the injured and families of the dead

Yeah that's usually how that turns out but humans are stupid assholes and just keep doing lazy stuff all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Wow this story is pretty

off the rails :grin:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IegQcXcSSZ0

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I hope hobo ken is alright :ohdear:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You didn't have to crash that train Jeff Dunham. You know how much I like trains. I know how much you like puppets. I don't like your puppets but I didn't rape them. :colbert:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Mozi posted:

well i'm sure saving all that money on not installing 'positive train control' is better than having the hoboken station out of commission for the indefinite future with structural damage not to mention paying off the injured and families of the dead

Insurance will pay all that out. Insurance companies don't pay for preventive maintenance. Now they have the money to fix it!

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

:911:

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
As if we didn't have enough problems with trainsphobia this is going to make it worse

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Quick this young buy is trapped under two tons of scrap metal and his last dying wish is for a tony balone pizza!

oh thank god youre here.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

As if we didn't have enough problems with trainsphobia this is going to make it worse

Its pronouns are BAM/CRUNCH/CLANG.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

good casting for the new sticky finger bandits in the home alone reboot

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Someone will say tranny and people will lose their poo poo

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Which one is Tony Baloney

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Which one is Tony Baloney

WE all are tony baloney :911:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Didn't this guy pepper spray a lady at a protest?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Didn't this guy pepper spray a lady at a protest?

That sounds like a bunch of bologna

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
which one of you assholes put a penny on the tracks?!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Well i did NAZI that coming. :grin:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

Wow this story is pretty

off the rails :grin:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Smash it Smash hit posted:

WE all are tony baloney :911:

What the gently caress did you just call me, you assface

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Even I can see right on the loving boxes that it's spelt Tony Boloneys not Baloney.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

officially the most Jersey story of the year now

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I bet they didn't even get a tip for the pizza!

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
What if Tony Baloney put a delicious pizza pie on the tracks causing the train to derail so that he could then deliver free pizzas to the first responders for a great photo op

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
its really heroic that they sacrified about 30 bucks worth of resources to try to capitialize on some free publciity

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
thats a good name for a pizza chain

imho

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
broken bones suck, especially with a lovely health care system

i hope this doesnt ruin too many lives

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Well that was weird:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uWX_3era2g

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

lol wtf

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
It's crazy that we're getting close to self driving cars but trains, literally on rails in closed systems, are still getting driven manually by hungover engineers getting distracted sending dick pics. Like how hard can it be to make trains autopiloting with maybe a dude standing at an emergency brake button in case a car is stopped on the tracks and the train computer didn't detect it

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Trains are actually pretty complicated to drive. I'm sure a train person could elaborate but I do know there's more to it than just hitting start and stop and small mistakes can snowball into the train de-railing.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Tony Balony is in all of us, or at least the first ones to get a slice.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Yeah trains are about 60 times as complicated as flying a plane or driving a car. You're not dealing with simple physics, you're dealing with something that will not stop until a good 30 seconds after you tell it to. That's how I've always explained it.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Yeah not sure what to think of that. That apparently was broadcast yesterday in central New York state

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

pathetic little tramp posted:

Yeah trains are about 60 times as complicated as flying a plane or driving a car. You're not dealing with simple physics, you're dealing with something that will not stop until a good 30 seconds after you tell it to. That's how I've always explained it.

they only go forwards and backwards

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

we're hosed

every man for himself

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)

pathetic little tramp posted:

lmfao more complicated than flying a plane

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Yeah I can see how something that moves in two dimensions and is literally on rails could be more complicated than flying an airplane, makes sense

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Yeah I can see how something that moves in two dimensions and is literally on rails could be more complicated than flying an airplane, makes sense

They have to know just the right amount of coal to shovel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

DontMindMe posted:

Yeah not sure what to think of that. That apparently was broadcast yesterday in central New York state

yeah posted 19 hours ago on Facebook

that's a weird coincidence, haha

• Locked thread