Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

nweismuller posted:

I'm going to ask for a tiebreaker on whether to do the proposed tech trade or not; I also think my asking whether I should check to see if I could get advanced hints of who the aliens we've met have contact with might have been missed, as I didn't get any approval or disapproval of the idea. (It's technically cheating, but it's entirely in interests of me dropping narrative hints rather than grabbing advantage.)

I think a few narrative hints would be fun, your lore posts are always good so it'd be interesting to build on those. Remind me, if an alien has a treaty or war with a species you haven't met yet, do you get to see this in their status screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

ManxomeBromide posted:

The Mrrshan idea of a Narestan "war hero" has been bouncing around in my brain for awhile but it turns out I'm really bad at patter songs.

Sooo... pretty much a straight rewrite of this?

When I was a babe, all plump and small,
I answered the nanny's every beck and call,
I please'd and thankyou'd every time I ate,
And I always finished everything upon my plate!
And he always finished everything upon his plate!
I ate so much they rewarded me,
With the office of Narestan Marshal-Generalcy!
He ate so much they rewarded he,
With the office of Narestan Marshal-Generalcy!

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
The traditional response to this is to reject the council's decision and go to war with everyone because you weren't done yet.

• Locked thread