Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Just finished up this thread. I thought the title + the previous MoO2 LP meant this was a purely gimmick run to showcase breaking the games to its limits and so didn't click on it for months, but turns out it's both sorta that and a great narrative Nweiss LP as I've come to expect. Whoops!

As always, thanks for posting this stuff, it's a lot of fun to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011

nweismuller posted:

Some people may have considered this a 'gimmick' run. Arguably it is. That said, this particular custom race is my usual go-to for MoO2 games, and in many ways its 'gimmick' is no more gimmicky than the default Klackons. Although there may have been some variations in my style based on player input, this LP was nonetheless very close to my default style when playing MoO2.

Yeah, I'm really not very aggressive in this game.

I should probably clarify that the reason I originally thought this was a "gimmick" run was based solely on the title and the fact you had already done a LP of this game before. I just kind of assumed you were showcasing some kind of exploit in the game to generate far more money than anyone could reasonably spend at the expense of everything else and drowning the galaxy in wads of spacebucks. I realized it was just a custom race you liked based on your (standardish) gameplay very early in the reading, maybe even as early as building your first automated factory.

• Locked thread