Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Quote =! edit.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I feel weird.

Not depressed or anything, just kind of discontent. Like I should sell all cars and get a practical wagon or hatch or even another Cherokee.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Rhyno posted:

I feel weird.

Not depressed or anything, just kind of discontent. Like I should sell all cars and get a practical wagon or hatch or even another Cherokee.

You feel that way because wagons are the best cars.

So practical

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SCA Enthusiast posted:

You feel that way because wagons are the best cars.

So practical

I better get six.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

I better get six.

poo poo, I'm not one to mock anyone on this subject, am I?

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Rhyno posted:

I better get six.

Fast wagon, beater wagon, nice Swedish wagon, nice German wagon, old American wagon and nonfunctional rustbucket wagon for pissing off the neighbors.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

poo poo, I'm not one to mock anyone on this subject, am I?

You're my inspiration.

I really do think another 99 Cherokee is the answer.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 242 days!)

SCA Enthusiast posted:

Fast wagon, beater wagon, nice Swedish wagon, nice German wagon, old American wagon and nonfunctional rustbucket wagon for pissing off the neighbors.

Signed.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My mum isn't doing very well again and I could use some ~positive energy~

It's awful to watch your mother struggle to breathe and be swollen as all hell because the cancer is causing her heart to fail

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
poo poo, I'm sorry. I've been there before.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

funny Star Wars parody posted:

It's awful to watch your mother struggle to breathe and be swollen as all hell because the cancer is causing her heart to fail

I'm sorry, man. Rooting for you.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

I'm guessing that it's turning into COPD and she's on water pills? If she hasn't taken any recently, it may be a good time to consider even OTC pills to help reduce the stress on her heart. Be strong for her, because she needs strength right now.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

West SAAB Story posted:

I'm guessing that it's turning into COPD and she's on water pills? If she hasn't taken any recently, it may be a good time to consider even OTC pills to help reduce the stress on her heart. Be strong for her, because she needs strength right now.

So the cancer metastasized to her heart and the pleura of her heart and lungs. She's been in the hospital for the past two weeks and after having a surgery that allows the pleura to drain so they stop squeezing her heart for some reason her heart is still not pumping the way it needs to be and as such it can't pump off all the water

The first time I saw her afterwards I broke down because she is completely unrecognizable and she was on a ventilator for a small while and she can barely speak between her throats being hosed up and her being barely able to breathe

I'm preparing to lose her mentally because at this point I don't know if she's going to make it to thanksgiving

I mean it sure beats the six months they have her in January but it's just weird because she was relatively fine until about a month ago

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

So the cancer metastasized to her heart and the pleura of her heart and lungs. She's been in the hospital for the past two weeks and after having a surgery that allows the pleura to drain so they stop squeezing her heart for some reason her heart is still not pumping the way it needs to be and as such it can't pump off all the water

gently caress dude.. I'm so sorry. I'm guessing she's on massive doses of warfarin, then? I'm guessing she's on some massive steroids, or on none? Dealing with cancer loving sucks, and with your parent- I can't even imagine.

Try to enjoy as much of the time you have. I built up a little tablet for my granny who is stage 4 so she can chat with her great grands (and watch Netflix). This may not be quite as easy for your Ma. Godspeed.

This makes no sense.. I accidentally clicked "Save", and it's not showing the rest of my post. Hoping another edit causes it to get dropped from cache.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Oct 31, 2016

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

gently caress, that's awful, man. I'm sorry. Sending positivity your way. You and your cute doggo.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

That sucks dude, hope for the best for you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sorry you're going through this amigo.

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Busy Haulin Ice Visit 5,6
I'm waiting for the battery fire too.
I'm losing track of where I am in this. so some of it may be slightly out of sequence, but it all actually happened.
IIg texts me and says he hears clunks when he shifts, brings the bike over.
I look closely and the bolts have shifted that hold the derailleur/ntermediate gear to back axle.
The final drive chain (no tensioning device, has 2" of play).
get out socket, awkwardly loosen axle, pull it into place, tighten it.
While I have it on the blocks I notice that the wheels are both bent!
Examining the spokes finds 15-20 very lose, and one broken on each wheel.
I tighten the spokes, find a shop to do this, I don't have time to learn.
Meanwhile I had taken the freezer off and secured it to two pieces of Trex, like a skid.
I screwed the skid into the Trex deck of the pedicab.
When I wrap up securing the freezer, I notice some more uhm, "issues".
I thought my glasses were playing with my eyes, but heh no.
The pedicab lower deck holds up the pedicab upper deck with 4 standoffs, with a 3/8" bolt in shear connection from the upper deck standoffs.
This sounds reasonably sturdy, when I word it like that. But if you execute it like this, man it's just asking for it.
uh oh

uh oh oh

more oh

oh

Guess where the shoulder ends!! Oh wait, you can almost see it in some of the pictures.
The thread ends inside the lower bracket, so plenty of things digging into the threads and not enough washers to spread it out (while also being far far too many for the serious business we are asking of it!), meanwhile nut is stressing the upper standoffs in a pincher movement.
I go to hardware store, get more washers, longer shoulder bolts. we don't have time to put them in yet though.

Known things that have to be done, right now -

drain for waste tank (he is siphoning it out now, bleh)
fill nozzle and hosing (he is filling it with a garden hose shoved up under the sink and into the top of the tank)
replace bolts suspending deck with proper bolts, and more washer, prayers to FSM
replace battery connects
replace soft vinyl hose with nylon reinforce or plex

IIG wants to figure out the hard stuff on this version, and get it right on the next one.
Right now maintenance spending is ~$1 a mile.
He wants to expand, and he wants to cover more territory, like two events in a day or further than 6 miles away.
option A: buy a $600 new trailer, I can fabricate whatever it needs to accommodate the trike, register it, insure it, get a hitch on his antique volvo wagon
option B: Purchase 3 250 Watt solar panels, a charge controller and maybe a bigger battery, build a solar canopy, and he can drive wherever he wants. (358 watt motor, 322 watt freezer, we shold be able to make this thing off the grid with only about 250 pounds more weight! LOL)
option C: welcome to suggestions

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I tried my hand at downhill mountain biking today and that poo poo is loving insane.

Sorry about your mom, TT. :(

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Anyone that knows me resonably well knows I detest Halloween and I'll have no bar of this purile garbage. Just do not knock on my door and just go away..... so I could not have possibly done this better if it was deliberate.

Home early, began to work on Forester. Crowbar in hand, trying to straighten the front bumper when I slip and cut my palm on said crowbar. So here I am muttering nasty words as blood drips on the crowbar and over my fingers, extracte myself from under the car, continue to mutter and curse as I cross over to the tap to stop the blood flow and to clean up.....

"TRICK OR TREAT!!!"

I look up and there is two young children and an adult..... said adult beginning to look in horror as a dirty man with a blood dripping off it crowbar gives them all a WTF? stare. And the kids also notice the dripping crowbar......

I just simply go to the tap and begin to wash my bloodied hand and crow bar as they beat a hasty retreat.

OH GOD YIISSSSSSSSSSSS I COULD NOT HAVE PLANNED THAT ANY BETTER!!!!!!!!!!

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

gently caress TT, sorry.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007
Sorry TT, gently caress cancer.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
TT sorry about that.

I was going to make a post about how nice this first date I went on was, but now I feel bad, and it just seem that terribly important anymore.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

alternate.eago posted:

TT sorry about that.

I was going to make a post about how nice this first date I went on was, but now I feel bad, and it just seem that terribly important anymore.

Nah dude I would love to hear about it 😊

And thanks everyone, I appreciate it

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Cancer sucks. My mom got hit once and my dad was hit twice. Sorry, TT. :glomp:

So far today I realized I forgot to shave as I was going out the door. Only had time to get rid of the pedo-stache because I wanted to get coffee. Get to the coffee joint, realize I don't have my wallet. Don't have my $10 emergency money in the mustang because my brother is a POS that I had to bail out of a tow charge and DMV fee to the tune of $375 and he had the nerve to ask me for gas money and that was the only thing I had. That was over a month ago and he still hasn't paid me anything back.

Not sure what the point of this post was.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
gently caress TT, that's some seriously rough stuff. I hope your mom pulls through.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I'm so sorry TT :(

Some_admin, why don't you have your own thread?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Hope your mom is OK TT :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Some dude in blackface got the poo poo kicked out of him last night. Sounds like they hosed him up really bad too.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

~Positive energy~ sent. Good luck man.

gently caress this terrible news month :(

Who's on tap for November? I'd like to see this one closed as soon as possible before this month strikes again

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
We can't close it yet, I've still got one pic of the pooch left in me and he got shaved this weekend.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

When the Nov thread is made, title needs to be along the lines of "I'm thankful this awful year is almost over"

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
November thread: CAGES BIRTHDAY YAY

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Nov thread is going to be overshadowed by the fact that the US government is currently loving over the natives AGAIN and nobody is doing a goddamned thing about it.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Enourmo posted:

When the Nov thread is made, title needs to be along the lines of "I'm thankful this awful year is almost over"

make it so, number 2

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Sorry TT. :/

Cage posted:

November thread: CAGES BIRTHDAY YAY

WHAT DATE?

Also your brother is a shithead and you should beat that $385 out of him.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
I'll make the November thread.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

November is a popular birthday month for us.

Me, my wife, my dad, my father-in-law, my grandpa (passed away but same day as me), my aunt, a couple cousins, 3 coworkers, and several friends.

I counted 9 months back and realized we're all probably valentines babbys :love:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
I'm a terrible poster: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796080

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

:rip:

• Locked thread