Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h-t2PtfeEQ

Save 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rujnmxhl0ke20x8/Goon%20Game%20Turn%2044%20RUS%20Replay.bts?dl=0
Save 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bebugiv5arqzivv/Goon%20Game%20Turn%2045%20RUS%20Replay.bts?dl=0

Given how much more poo poo you guys have to move around and subsequently plan for we can probably make this a pretty long turnaround. For now let's say orders due Friday unless you really want to go before then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

Generation Internet posted:

Turns are uploading now, the last few minutes of yours are just going over the reinforcements. I almost just want to do a five or ten minute turn to get them all unfucked from the road but that would probably tip off the NATO side that something was fucky :v:

I was thinking about this, and in retrospect this is probably why Combat Mission scenarios tend to have your reinforcements arrive in a few small groups over a window of time rather than all at once.

dublish posted:

If anybody has any objections, speak up.

That looks good to me. Haven't heard from PC about directing company assets, BTW -- we can probably delegate some of them to various company commanders if that's easier.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Hubis posted:

I was thinking about this, and in retrospect this is probably why Combat Mission scenarios tend to have your reinforcements arrive in a few small groups over a window of time rather than all at once.

This exact thought occurred to me a week back or so, if I could re-do the scenario I'd definitely have them come in one company at a time or at least more spread out but there's not much I can do at this point.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

This exact thought occurred to me a week back or so, if I could re-do the scenario I'd definitely have them come in one company at a time or at least more spread out but there's not much I can do at this point.

To be fair it's probably less of a problem when you're not having entire second TGs showing up on the battlefield :xd:

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Hubis posted:

To be fair it's probably less of a problem when you're not having entire second TGs showing up on the battlefield :xd:

Let the record show it's actually a TG (-) :colbert:

Hubis
May 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h-t2PtfeEQ

Save 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rujnmxhl0ke20x8/Goon%20Game%20Turn%2044%20RUS%20Replay.bts?dl=0
Save 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bebugiv5arqzivv/Goon%20Game%20Turn%2045%20RUS%20Replay.bts?dl=0

Given how much more poo poo you guys have to move around and subsequently plan for we can probably make this a pretty long turnaround. For now let's say orders due Friday unless you really want to go before then.

Good lord, the Americans keep coming! And now Ukranians on the other side.

*looks at watch*

Oh hey, reinforcements are here. Have fun, Frey! :cb:

(BTW, I'm happy to keep ordering 1/2 around until they link up if you'd prefer, Frey)

Hubis fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 30, 2017

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Is everyone still on board with me writing the first orders post for the reinforcements, to split them out as efficiently as possible? Then the various commanders take control once they have been unfucked from the road?

Basically, Battcom is going to stand by the side of the road with a traffic cop sign and tell these slow fuckers where they need to drive.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

professor_curly posted:

Is everyone still on board with me writing the first orders post for the reinforcements, to split them out as efficiently as possible? Then the various commanders take control once they have been unfucked from the road?

Basically, Battcom is going to stand by the side of the road with a traffic cop sign and tell these slow fuckers where they need to drive.

I was going to tell 1st Company Armored to move East along the road and get the train rolling, then have the rest of 1st Company move due south between the houses to clear the road for 2nd Company then proceed along the dirt road to FloRida pass. 1st Co HQ and 1st Platoon were going to take a 1m delay to let 2nd and 3rd Platoons get underway and minimize the traffic jam.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
I'll watch the video again, that sounds like it should be ok. I just wanted to have all the orders for the reinforcements in one post to start, so that GI doesn't have to combine searching for orders with inputting orders for an entire new army that just arrived.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

professor_curly posted:

I'll watch the video again, that sounds like it should be ok. I just wanted to have all the orders for the reinforcements in one post to start, so that GI doesn't have to combine searching for orders with inputting orders for an entire new army that just arrived.

Sure thing. If you want to manage the initial deployment that's fine by me -- I agree it'll be easier for the next few minutes. I just figured I'd throw that out as my read on the situation.

Here are some screenshots I snapped of the deployment for your reference:
TG3/1st Company

TG3/2nd Company

Armor is at the front of each company, TG3 HQ is all the way in the rear.

If you give TG3/2nd Company a 30s delay, all my units should be off the road so there won't be any traffic jams.

Katznmaus
May 29, 2013

NastyToes posted:

FrozenLiquidity hasn't posted since October 21. Should someone take over 3rd company's armor?

DSM still has one squad left in 3rd company. Maybe it can be given to Katznmaus to bring his platoon back to full strength?
I'll take whatever stragglers you can find for me so you can focus on the new forces.
My BTR died as every BTR wants to: quick, loud and without much impact :v:

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Hey Kev, the Apache seems to have left so it should be safe to unbutton your tanks.

professor_curly posted:

I have a few things I thought I should point out.

This field would be a good spot to form up our armor. The line of trees in front should block any spotters in Mirage Island from seeing our tanks.

Our original air controller can multi-target the Frogfoot and Hinds onto the front of the town, but since we have another controller we could have one Hind target a different area like The Iron Curtain. A 700m diameter circle is the largest area that can be targeted. All of our air assets will take eleven minutes to arrive.

We have nine more Iglas with another 12 reloads. It's probably best to leave them in the BMPs until we start our attack. If we dismount now they will open fire on the Apaches giving away that we have received reinforcements. Also pictured is the battalion HQ tank that needs to be assigned to someone.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

NastyToes posted:

Our original air controller can multi-target the Frogfoot and Hinds onto the front of the town, but since we have another controller we could have one Hind target a different area like The Iron Curtain. A 700m diameter circle is the largest area that can be targeted. All of our air assets will take eleven minutes to arrive.

The Frogfoot should definitely be dedicated to the town, but given where we've projected they are moving their armor and our otherwise thinness in the area I'd like to request consideration be given for a heli-strike to the area south of Jagged Pass (closer to Frey -- west of where you've indicated). It has the potential to be an incredibly target-rich environment, and even one or two solid hits on an Abrams could turn that front.

It will probably take us about 6-8 minutes to get forces into position to enter the front. If we want to call in strikes to coincide with an assault, we should probably do it in the next turn or two. Likewise if we want to do any sort of artillery prep.

I feel like we'd ideally want to open with a bombing run, then leave the artillery on a long mission to keep pounding and suppressing the town, timed such that it will end as we approach engagement range.

We should have transportation in place to move Battalion ATGM teams up and secure our gains against a counter-attack, as well. That suicide scout BTR could be well used to retreat and ferry more support and observer forward when the time is right.

Hubis fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jan 31, 2017

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I had forgotten I had that one surviving squad. If anyone wants it (since I'll hopefully be grabbing some of the reinforcements), take it.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Giving it more thought, what are peoples reactions to this plan:

1) Single Hind strike SSW from Frey's position timed ASAP
- Reinforce our push
- Add credibility to the feint
- Catch armored vehicles we have reason to believe are moving west before they have a chance to re-deploy
- Bait any AA assets into revealing themselves/depleting ammunition

2) Single Hind strike south of the Iron Curtain timed to occur once our tank push begins
- Lock any reinforcements sent west from being able to re-deploy to the east
- Hunt targets of opportunity (we know they had mortars deployed in that area at some point)
- Snipe any reserves who might be waiting

3) Frogfoot bombing run on the town timed to occur as we approach Victory Road
- a hard kill to any rear guard they have in the area or may have moved there once they saw our tanks
- Delayed so that there is a minimal chance of them having remaining AA assets
- Overlapping with 2nd Hind strike to saturate whatever AA they might have remaining

4) Heavy/Medium artillery barrage on the town timed to begin with the Frogfoot strike and end with the infantry assault
- Maintain suppression and maximum chance of clearing defenders

5) Smoke mission from Mortars timed with BMP assault
- Hide details of push and protect vehicles from returning defenders

We could probably simulate the timings for a lot of this, but I feel like a benchmark would be for the first HIND strike to begin ASAP (11 minutes from now) and the tank push to begin in 15 minutes. If the push is successful we can plan on reaching Victory Road by 20 minutes and beginning the town assault less than 5 minutes after that.

NastyToes posted:

We have nine more Iglas with another 12 reloads. It's probably best to leave them in the BMPs until we start our attack. If we dismount now they will open fire on the Apaches giving away that we have received reinforcements. Also pictured is the battalion HQ tank that needs to be assigned to someone.

Also, those IGLAs are in BMPs so let's move them up because they're going to be pretty useful even after they dismount. Maybe move them up towards 2nd Coy, so the BMPs can serve to reinforce Mt Silver once our AA units dismount?

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Hubis posted:

Giving it more thought, what are peoples reactions to this plan:

1) Single Hind strike SSW from Frey's position timed ASAP
- Reinforce our push
- Add credibility to the feint
- Catch armored vehicles we have reason to believe are moving west before they have a chance to re-deploy
- Bait any AA assets into revealing themselves/depleting ammunition

2) Single Hind strike south of the Iron Curtain timed to occur once our tank push begins
- Lock any reinforcements sent west from being able to re-deploy to the east
- Hunt targets of opportunity (we know they had mortars deployed in that area at some point)
- Snipe any reserves who might be waiting

3) Frogfoot bombing run on the town timed to occur as we approach Victory Road
- a hard kill to any rear guard they have in the area or may have moved there once they saw our tanks
- Delayed so that there is a minimal chance of them having remaining AA assets
- Overlapping with 2nd Hind strike to saturate whatever AA they might have remaining

4) Heavy/Medium artillery barrage on the town timed to begin with the Frogfoot strike and end with the infantry assault
- Maintain suppression and maximum chance of clearing defenders

5) Smoke mission from Mortars timed with BMP assault
- Hide details of push and protect vehicles from returning defenders

We could probably simulate the timings for a lot of this, but I feel like a benchmark would be for the first HIND strike to begin ASAP (11 minutes from now) and the tank push to begin in 15 minutes. If the push is successful we can plan on reaching Victory Road by 20 minutes and beginning the town assault less than 5 minutes after that.

Also, those IGLAs are in BMPs so let's move them up because they're going to be pretty useful even after they dismount. Maybe move them up towards 2nd Coy, so the BMPs can serve to reinforce Mt Silver once our AA units dismount?

I agree with 1) and 2), but I think we could probably shift 2) a bit to the west to overlap with 1). Their tanks have all been moving that direction, and the lack of contacts from the BTR driver on Mt. Silver makes me think they're going all the way west. Can we reposition helicopters after calling them in but before they arrive?

3) also looks good.

4) and 5) I'm less sure of. How much artillery ammunition is left?

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

I would very much love some strikes on the convoy coming toward the west! The overall outline seems pretty good to me.

And we have a ton of artillery ammo left. Just remember that if we exhaust all the HE we can't shoot any of the other stuff like smoke or precision, so watch individual tubes' supply if we want access to that stuff.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Guys, I'm pretty sure we're just going to lose if we don't focus on closing the secondary exit. NATO is going to be long gone by the time any assault on the town can be executed. Our airstrikes need to be focused on the area in front of 1st Coy, and we need a lot more than a couple tanks and some BMPs blocking it.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

dublish posted:

I agree with 1) and 2), but I think we could probably shift 2) a bit to the west to overlap with 1). Their tanks have all been moving that direction, and the lack of contacts from the BTR driver on Mt. Silver makes me think they're going all the way west. Can we reposition helicopters after calling them in but before they arrive?

3) also looks good.

4) and 5) I'm less sure of. How much artillery ammunition is left?

Totally agreed on shifting the helo mission west. My only question was whether we wanted to have them both hit at the same time for overwhelming effect, or if we wanted to save the second one to delay reinforcement.

The important thing is that we need to have these fire missions ready starting effectively THIS TURN (with delays where appropriate for the later stages)

glynnenstein posted:

I would very much love some strikes on the convoy coming toward the west! The overall outline seems pretty good to me.

And we have a ton of artillery ammo left. Just remember that if we exhaust all the HE we can't shoot any of the other stuff like smoke or precision, so watch individual tubes' supply if we want access to that stuff.

I don't think we've used the 155mm for anything but smoke. We've been saving it all for "one big moment" and this seems like it to me.

When I say "Artillery" I am talking about the 155mm. We should employ mortars where it makes sense (such as for smoking the assault) but I don't think they'll add much to the town directly if we're already saturating the area; better to save (and remember to use!) it for along the defensive line.

Speaking of which -- are we too close to call a mortar mission on the outcrop of woods between our weapons teams in Jagged Pass? It's frustrating that you effectively cannot call mortar strikes onto wooded locations because you can't "see" the interior of them.

Fray posted:

Guys, I'm pretty sure we're just going to lose if we don't focus on closing the secondary exit. NATO is going to be long gone by the time any assault on the town can be executed. Our airstrikes need to be focused on the area in front of 1st Coy, and we need a lot more than a couple tanks and some BMPs blocking it.

I agree. Given that we can target the heli-strikes without direct LOS, it makes sense to use those to stifle NATO's western push. The BMP company should arrive on location about in the middle of the attack mission (if it's anything like the NATO ones in duration).

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

Fray posted:

I can't agree more. We don't have nearly enough to stop what's moving there and could easily get steamrolled without immediate reinforcement.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

So we know they have some tank contacts in or close to that highlighted area as my tanks glimpsed them as they drove to their new positions. If we can a helicopter to hover over there it should hopefully kill some of their tanks and cause havoc among their troops there. What do you guys think?

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

I doubt we will immediately get a game over screen if they manage to take their secondary objective.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

I suggest that we split up the Iglas amongst the two companies. There's no need to have them in a separate command. Have the two in separate BTRs go with the mobile attack and the bunch in the other BTR can go with the other company to secondary exit.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

Battalion Command Orders

Reinforcement Armored Coy
1st Reinforcement Coy Armored will begin immediately Quick down Route 23, cross Shitshow Bridge and enter Viridian city. They will set up behind 3rd Coy's 5/2 tank, behind trees/the hill line and begin forming up for line advance across the North Pathless Plain.

2nd Reinforcement Coy Armored will Pause 30 seconds to give the rest of 1st Reinforcement Coy time vacate the road, then Quick move along Route 23, cross Shitshow Bridge and also forming up for line advance.

The Battalion Armored Command will Pause 30 seconds and then Quick to the same location, along Route 23, crossing Shitshow Bridge and then forming up into formation for line advance.

1st Reinforcement Coy
Immediately turn south and Quick through the gaps between the buildings toward the Flo-Rida crossing. The marshaling point for this group will be open ground just before reaching Victory Road, after the Flo-Rida crossing as shown above.

2nd Reinforcement Coy
Pause for 30 seconds.

Quick move along Route 23 and cross Shitshow Bridge into Viridian city. Hang south, and form up into a firing line formation facing South-East, avoiding areas where spotters from Mirage Island might get good spots. I'm using the area between Phi's 3rd Coy HQ and 3rd Coy's 5/2 tank as a good indication of this.

The order of advance will probably be Scout BTR's as available, followed by armor in line-advance, followed closely behind by tracked infantry support.

Air Assets
Both Helicopters are being assigned to the west, to try and shore up 1st Coy as much as possible. Hopefully they don't immediately get shot down. It's the fastest support we can reasonably provide, given the terrain. These missions should be called in ASAP, I'll leave the exact targeting of them to local commanders based on their best assessment of enemy movements currently and expected enemy locations in the future.

The Frogfoot will be used in concert with our heavy artillery to suppress and if possible destroy any remaining defenders in the village. To give some time for things to shake out and form up I say we wait one turn before we start this call-in.

Artillery Assets
What I would give for some Grads right now.

As I recall the call-in time for the 152's is about 6-7 minutes, so we won't begin calling in that mission yet. We want the artillery barrage and air strike to occur concurrently with our advance to maximize potential shock and damage.

In approximately 13 minutes we will launch our advance across the Pathless Plain. This will coincide with artillery and air attacks on Pewter City. At the same time, our 1st Reinforcement Coy will hopefully be arriving on site to help aid 1st Coy. Once the crossroads are secure, we will analyze enemy resistance. Likely the assault group will split into 2, with part of the force heading to attack NATO forces in the west and the remainder securing Pewter City.

Anyone have issues with this plan?

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Looks good to me.

@Glynnenstein, do you want to target the helo missions? I figure we should use the FAC that's back in TG3, since the one over by the pathless plain will need to be spotting the Frogfoot

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

The choice of where to point the Hinds is tough, because the delay is so long, 11 minutes.

If we could get the chopper here right now, I think we'd have a shot at plenty of good kills and little chance of fratricide here:

I expect they will have pushed toward the field, but how far they go probably depends on how dangerous we make it seem to them. With 2 tanks and 2 atgms we could probably make them think twice about it; however, if they shove a ton of vehicles this way they could neutralize our threats pretty fast with abrams and bradley spotting. If we could hold them off and make them wait for artillery or infantry meaneuvers that circle will do, but would miss stuff further forward.

This (maximum radius) deployment means we have to scoot friendlies but will catch anything pressing into the field, including approaches using the edges of trees and the opposing treeline where they could cover:

A second mission would probably still be very effective just to the east along the road where they have been moving but I don't know if they will have prime assets there at that time. Maybe just empty BTRs. They could also be trying to move up other reinforcements or units that had been in town by the various other channels to the south of the road, which seems somewhat likely to me since the road out of town was so deadly for them.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

I think that first one will be good, there's almost certain to be something in there 10 minutes from now. The second one encompasses positions we should be trying to hold to give our reinforcements fighting room.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

With our 6 new tanks heading to town, do we want either 2nd or 3rd Coy's T-90s to go reinforce 1st Coy at the exit?

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

That Abrams was spotted by the AT-7 near the burning BTRs. They lost sight of it while turning to aim at it. Since it was stationary when they lost sight of it they might spot it again and open fire.

Those Bradleys moved into the woods for some reason.

dublish posted:

With our 6 new tanks heading to town, do we want either 2nd or 3rd Coy's T-90s to go reinforce 1st Coy at the exit?

We have seven new tanks, and I don't think we should be weakening our attack. In fact, I was thinking up a little trick involving 3rd and 2nd company's armor that will strengthen our attack and mislead our enemy. Since we had sound contacts on their tanks on Ravaged Path it's likely they have sound contacts for 2nd company's tanks. They also took a shot at 3rd company's lead tank when it moved forward to fire at Mirage Island, so they have eyes on its current location. If we pull back 2nd company's tanks and have 3rd company's tanks visibly leave their positions to move west into the field where the rest of the armor is forming up, the enemy may interpret these movements as us reacting to their western push. It will also increase the number of tanks participating in the charge down Route 23 to twelve.

professor_curly posted:

The Frogfoot will be used in concert with our heavy artillery to suppress and if possible destroy any remaining defenders in the village. To give some time for things to shake out and form up I say we wait one turn before we start this call-in.

As I recall the call-in time for the 152's is about 6-7 minutes, so we won't begin calling in that mission yet. We want the artillery barrage and air strike to occur concurrently with our advance to maximize potential shock and damage.

The Frogfoot behaves just like our Hinds. It will stick around for a long time strafing enemies it spots, so we aren't really messing anything up by calling it in with the rest of the air assets. Our 152s say they have a three-minute call in, but spotting rounds will add another one or two minutes to that. The manual says each tube fires 6-8 rounds per minute with a sustained RoF of 1 per minute. I did some tests to see what a heavy intensity/medium duration mission with two batteries would look like and both batteries fired 45 shells in around two minutes and ended the mission overheating. If we want the mission to last longer, we will need to reduce the intensity to medium. Increasing the duration isn't very effective since the guns will only fire one round a minute while overheating and that won't suppress anything. Another thing to consider is that our spotting rounds may tip off the enemy that we are planning to attack and give them a few minutes to react.

NastyToes fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Feb 1, 2017

Hubis
May 18, 2003

NastyToes posted:

That Abrams was spotted by the AT-7 near the burning BTRs. They lost sight of it while turning to aim at it. Since it was stationary when they lost sight of it they might spot it again and open fire.

Those Bradleys moved into the woods for some reason.

We have seven new tanks, and I don't think we should be weakening our attack. In fact, I was thinking up a little trick involving 3rd and 2nd company's armor that will strengthen our attack and mislead our enemy. Since we had sound contacts on their tanks on Ravaged Path it's likely they have sound contacts for 2nd company's tanks. They also took a shot at 3rd company's lead tank when it moved forward to fire at Mirage Island, so they have eyes on its current location. If we pull back 2nd company's tanks and have 3rd company's tanks visibly leave their positions to move west into the field where the rest of the armor is forming up, the enemy may interpret these movements as us reacting to their western push. It will also increase the number of tanks participating in the charge down Route 23 to twelve.

The Frogfoot behaves just like our Hinds. It will stick around for a long time strafing enemies it spots, so we aren't really messing anything up by calling it in with the rest of the air assets. Our 152s say they have a three-minute call in, but spotting rounds will add another one or two minutes to that. The manual says each tube fires 6-8 rounds per minute with a sustained RoF of 1 per minute. I did some tests to see what a heavy intensity/medium duration mission with two batteries would look like and both batteries fired 45 shells in around two minutes and ended the mission overheating. If we want the mission to last longer, we will need to reduce the intensity to medium. Increasing the duration isn't very effective since the guns will only fire one round a minute while overheating and that won't suppress anything. Another thing to consider is that our spotting rounds may tip off the enemy that we are planning to attack and give them a few minutes to react.

This makes it sound like the Frogfoot should get called in to correspond with the spotting rounds, and that we should aim it so it overlaps the town on the west side (to intercept reinforcements) rather than simply trying to cover the town.

What's 3rd Coys role going to be here? You've for some squads reinforcing the west, a platoon on the east end of jagged pass that should either move south/west to respond to the American sweep or mount up and move east to reinforce 2nd Coy, and another on the east end? Do we want 3rd Coy to participate in the assault behind the BMPs, or start a fresh push where those Bradleys are? The Brad's could really mess up any push we try for if they go unchecked.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

NastyToes posted:

Overkill is all fine and good, but we've got several people concerned with what looks like a heavy tank concentration at the west end of the map. We've only got two T-90s over there, and we can get tanks over there faster than the reinforcing infantry company.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Well on the plus side, if they do break through our lines in the west we still have our Kevz in our Secret Reserve Turret :v:

dublish posted:

Overkill is all fine and good, but we've got several people concerned with what looks like a heavy tank concentration at the west end of the map. We've only got two T-90s over there, and we can get tanks over there faster than the reinforcing infantry company.

I feel like two T-90s would make a bigger difference in the West (doubling the available firepower) than in the East. It looks like they may be trying to continue their 2-axis attack strategy, and balancing the response will be tricky. Having an additional 2 T-90s over there would help increase the chances that we have their armor in the Killing Zone when our air support arrives, however, and buy us time for the reinforcements to get to the front and for our eastern assault to begin (which will give them a whole lot more to worry about).

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Anyone else have trouble with camera controls in the game? The middle button camera controls don't work for me anymore and the keyboard commands don't seem to work quite right either... I mean worse than usual.

I think we know what we're doing here.

Fray, are you all set to control 2nd Platoon? They are under your command unless that's burdensome.

1st Platoon: Continue orders.

Hopefully the ATGM in the west can get a shot, though I'm not optimistic the missile will get through those trees...

4th Platoon HQ: Please give an AREA MEDIUM MEDIUM GENERAL IMMEDIATE mortar mission to one of the units with 75 rounds left per the map below. We know there are units in this area and we may as well cause them trouble.

Please command both Hinds to execute an AREA HEAVY IMMEDIATE mission as below:

glynnenstein fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Feb 2, 2017

Hubis
May 18, 2003

glynnenstein posted:

Anyone else have trouble with camera controls in the game? The middle button camera controls don't work for me anymore and the keyboard commands don't seem to work quite right either... I mean worse than usual.

Check the options menu to see if you got switched to "RTS" camera mode or something. It might have reset when you installed the "upgrade"

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Hubis posted:

Check the options menu to see if you got switched to "RTS" camera mode or something. It might have reset when you installed the "upgrade"

I figured out the solution: it works if you're using the correct controls instead of the wrong ones.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Fun fact: since I think you only have two air controllers you'll only be able to call in two air assets at once, unless you shift-click and call in both helicopters on the same area.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Are you serious?

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Yep, once they're calling in a mission they can't call in a new one until it ends.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Yep, once they're calling in a mission they can't call in a new one until it ends.

In the replay you mentioned the NATO helicopter wandering off looking for other targets outside its target area during its rocket run. Does this apply to the Hinds as well? If we call both in on one location and there are no valid targets there, will they roam around and find something nearby?

If that's the case we should just split the difference and throw both on a single mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Man... lol

I say we double up the choppers. My money is on at least one getting shot down, anyway.

• Locked thread