Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Second and third company's CO positions still need commanders on the spreadsheet. Take your pick I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Phone posting from work. Will get my orders in when I get home in the morning.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

I just ran some tests on the crossing 2nd company is supposed to use. Our tanks seem to cross fine with no pathfinding issues, but our BRTs have a lot of trouble. Those that cross do so very slowly, taking 2 minutes or more to cross. The rest bug out, reverse, and try to go around the swamp.

This is what the crossing looks like in-game.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

The 50-ton tanks can bog in the fields even on quick speed. The BRTs should be fine. I never noticed them bog down when I tested it.

Considering our platoon deployments, maybe 1st and 3rd should cross at Viridian and 2nd should cross at Rida.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

We're in Roll20 right now trying to sort this traffic mess out.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Orders for 2nd Company 3rd Platoon

Units should wait for 2/1 to move out and then proceed down the road along the highlighted path at QUICK speed. Use 5-second pause intervals between BTRs to give spacing.
Upon reaching their destination, the BTRs will REVERSE into the forest for concealment. Infantry will remain in the BTRs until needed.

NastyToes fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 5, 2016

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Prof worked out a new marching order in roll20. Our BRTs can't cross the swamp path so we had to reroute traffic.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Hubis posted:

To be fair, how are you supposed to hear anything over 100 bogged down diesel engines full of angry hungover Russians all shouting at one another to get out of the way?
Try to imagine what the dashcam videos must be like.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Second Company / Third Platoon Orders

All rifle squads should ACQUIRE 3 RPG-26, 5 93mm AT rockets, 500 7.62x54R and 500 5.45mm from their BTRs.
The Hq squad should ACQUIRE 1 RPG-26 and 250 5.45mm.
Once their original orders are complete all squads should DISMOUNT and move at QUICK speed along the yellow lines and FACE in the direction of the blue lines.

NastyToes fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Oct 11, 2016

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

2nd Company / 3rd Platoon

Cancel previous orders and move the BTRs quick along the yellow path. Park next to the trees and dismount the Infantry, then move the infantry at quick to the shown positions.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Move BTRs at quick along the yellow line and then reverse into the woods. Infantry should continue previous orders.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Cancel all previous orders.
BTR 3 is to move onto the road before moving QUICK to pick up 3/2.
BTR 2 is to wait for 3/1 to mount up.
BTR 1 is to finish moving up to pick up 3/3.
3/1 should mount BTR 2.
3/2 should MOVE to the forest edge to meet up with BTR 3 and mount up.
3/3 and 3/hq should mount BTR 1 when it arrives.

As soon as a BTR is mounted it will move QUICK and dismount infantry at arrival. Infantry will move at QUICK or MOVE to new positions.

NastyToes fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 19, 2016

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Was looking at the save and noticed a few things. Figured I would just drop some screenshots here.

If Abelian's FO cancels its fire mission it can call down a precision strike on the ATGM team that took out our tank.

Kev's tanks seem to be stuck behind the recon BTR so it's going to take 4 or more minutes for them to get through those woods.

3rd company 5/2 is sitting right behind a small tree. The target command says he still has LOS in front of him but we already shot a tree twice so he might want to move to the right a smidge.

3rd company 5/1 is surrounded by trees and doesn't have LOS on the road at all.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Cancel previous orders. Dismount infantry again and have them move to these positions but leave the hq team in the BTR. Have the BTRs reverse into the woods.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

2nd Company / 3rd and 4th Platoon

Mount up 4th platoon and then move at QUICK down the road into these positions facing south and then deploy weapons. Leave ATGM B team where it currently is.
3rd platoon should get back into their BTRs, move QUICK along the yellow line, and then dismount and MOVE along the blue lines to take up positions north of Yoopers platoon.

NastyToes fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 26, 2016

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Move BTRs Quick onto the road and down the yellow line. Dismount all squads and move Quick to the shown spots.

2nd Company / 4th Platoon

Have all squads along the Mount Silver treeline Face south and Deploy Weapon. Dismount the hq squad.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Split a scout team off of 1st squad and move it down the road. Yellow is Quick speed and blue is Move.
Please dismount 3rd and 4th squad HQ teams from their BTRs.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Was looking at the save and noticed a few things.

Yooper's scout team is under fire from an enemy squad that is sitting maybe 30 meters away from it. You can see several of the grenades get thrown.

This is where they seem to be.

An Oplot is driving south and then we lose contact with it. It may be moving towards Kev's tanks.

An Abrams and an Oplot have moved up into the entrance of Mount Silver.

One of our FO teams has moved up into a spot that can call in a precision fire mission on where that ATGM team was.

The FO that can see that Abrams can call in a precision fire mission on it. If you target the ground right in front of the Abrams instead of it directly it won't get a laser warning.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Have 2nd and 3rd squad split off assault teams and move as shown. Move up the HQ team too.

Have 1st squad A team put down suppression fire on the contact near them.

Change the destination for 1st squad B team as shown and add a small target arc to stop them from shooting at things.

Move 1st BTR up and lay down fire on the enemy contact.

Move 2nd and 3rd BTR up as shown.

4th Platoon

Have ATGM B team pack up and move as shown and deploy weapon.

Have the BTRs reverse into cover.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Took more screenshots.

I thought this was neat. The game seems to actually track the location of air assets. You can see the Igla trail leads to where the tracers are coming from.

Looks like we have artillery being called down on our tank overlooking the intersection.

Here is who I think is responsible and where they are.

And here are the assholes trying to kill us. Funny thing: if you move the camera close enough you can hear the sound of the mortars firing.

If you get close you can actually see the mortar round. No idea how we are spotting this. I'm guessing this is a 120mm mortar round.

That Abrams we were going to precision strike is moving toward mount silver.

Yooper's HQ tank can't see anything because of the trees.

Due to ammo sharing, Yooper's RPG team blew through two squads worth of RPG ammo.

This is a crazy plan to put 5/3 in a keyhole position against that Abrams. Probably not worth the risk.

The rest of these are good spots to put our BTRs for laying down area fire on those enemy contacts we are about to assault.

NastyToes fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 16, 2016

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Green is reverse, yellow is quick, blue is move, and purple is hunt.
2nd AGL BTR: Move down the road and into the woods as shown.
3rd AGL BTR: Move into the woods as shown.
3rd Platoon: Move as shown.

1st squad will advance on the known enemy contacts while the rest of the unit moves up. The BTRs will stay behind the infantry. If necessary, use pause orders during the second half to keep the BTRs from moving ahead of the infantry.
If 2nd or 3rd squad discovers enemy contacts during the first half of the turn please cancel any remaining movement they have for the second half.

3rd Platoon BTRs: Move as shown and put down area fire on the enemy contacts.

NastyToes fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Nov 17, 2016

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Screenshots incoming!

Yooper has killed four three-man teams and five guys belonging to a company HQ team. Since Ukrainian squads have six men, that leaves two three-man teams, a two-man platoon HQ, and two men left in the company HQ.

Here are where I think the three-man teams and company HQ are. The platoon HQ shouldn't be far. Those tracers are the RPGs that got fired at our BTRs.

Ukrainian tactical groups come with six 120mm mortar teams, so that leaves two teams unaccounted for. They are probably in the same area as this mortar.

Our precision strike on the ATGM team happened. GI just missed it in the video. Looks like they moved a BTR up to that team, maybe they were mounting up to move out?

The tank Kev killed earlier was a T-64BV, the tank on Mount Silver with the Abrams is a BM-Oplot, and the tank on Ravaged Path is the BM-Bulat that we saw much earlier. All three perform about the same. It looks like we are facing two Ukrainian companies. Since Ukrainian tank platoons have four tanks each plus a battalion tank, we should still have 6 tanks unaccounted for. We saw some of these tanks as contacts in the Iron Curtain.

That Abrams showed up near Ravaged Path this turn.

Fuligan's dudes shot that AGL team up. Ukrainian AGL teams have three men, so there is still one guy around there somewhere.

NastyToes fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 20, 2016

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

A few more things I noticed while doing my orders.

They are moving a BTR out of Pewter City.

One of 1st Company's ATGM BTRs has no orders and was causing a traffic jam.

I noticed my scout team was crawling to their destination for some reason. Very suspicious.

I went back and watched the video to see what happened during the first half of the replay. You can just barely make out tracers coming from Mirage Island. I believe these jerks are the spotters for all those mortars firing at us.

While making my orders, I noticed none of the enemy casualties had support weapons and got suspicious. I loaded up a Ukrainian recon platoon to see what they looked like. Four three-man recon teams and a six-man HQ team with no support weapons among them. That is almost exactly what Yooper has been fighting.

Back during turn seven we can see a recon BRDM pulling off of Route 23 towards Ravaged Path. If the forces Yooper has been fighting are a recon platoon, then those RPGs firing at our BTRs belong to a fresh platoon. That means 2nd company is up against a mostly fresh Ukrainian company with a Bulat and Abrams in support.

NastyToes fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 20, 2016

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Hey Dublish, our Igla teams are just sitting around and haven't been issued any orders yet. Mind if I order them to mount up and get positioned for some scouting? I would like to try infiltrating them into or behind Golem Draw.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Have my BTRs lay down area fire where those RPGs fired from.

Move my scout into the woods for cover and change the destination to the trees at the T intersection.

Yellow is Quick, blue is Move, purple is Hunt, and red is Target.
My men are to move up into contact with the enemy.
3/3 A Team should use a 30-second Target Briefly command and a 30-second Pause on its movement to suppress that enemy contact before moving up.

ATGM B Team needs to Deploy Weapon.

The Igla teams and platoon HQ should move Fast to mount their BTRs. Have them each Acquire an RPG-26 and one hundred 5.45mm rounds at the start of the second turn, then have the BTRs move Quick on the shown path.

NastyToes fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 21, 2016

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Decoy Badger posted:

Tank in the forest HUNT up to the treeline as depicted below:

It would be nice to hit the enemy on the road in their flank but I'm sure they're expecting an attack to come from here. I'm going to stay away from the RPG-magnet BTRs and help support the infantry to the southeast.

This tank is buttoned up. Might want to order it to unbutton for better spotting.

Hubis posted:

Enemy plan.

I agree with this assessment of the enemy's likely plan of attack. However, I think 3rd Company's armor should be moved down to support 2nd company's armor. Those AT-7s we have on Mount Silver are largely ineffective against those two Abrams. We currently have three T-90s facing two Abrams and two Ukrainian tanks with an unknown number still remaining in The Iron Curtain.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

More intel.

That infantry we spotted in the south is an AT-7 team moving up. They probably intend to get LOS on Kev's tanks.

Many BTRs are coming down Ravaged Path. We really got a reaction out of them with our BTR push. I counted sixteen APC contacts, but there could be more sitting stationary and undetected.

That Oplot on Mount Silver has moved towards Ravaged Path. Can't really tell if it just moved behind the Abrams or if it drove through the treeline. The Abrams may also have moved too. That Oplot was on the edge of Kaz's 1st squad A-team's detection range.

If Kaz moves them forward about fifty meters, they may be able to see what those tanks are up to.

The ATGM that fired on our tank isn't far from the ATGM we dropped artillery on. It may be the same team.

We could move the tank up through the smoke and waste 'em before they can get a shot off.

Decoy's tank would have limited LOS on some parts of the road if it moves up just a bit.

Fuligin's 1st squad B-team has an RPG dude right next to a BTR. If you cancel the squad's move order he has a good chance of shooting it.

3rd squad A-team has an RPG-26 it can use on the other BTR overrunning Fuligin's men. There is also an RPG team right behind them that is ordered to run back into the woods. If you cancel their movement they might get a spot on the BTR and shoot it.

NastyToes fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 24, 2016

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

I lost two men last turn to enemy ambushes, and someone fired an RPG at 3rd AGL BTR, so I know there are one or two enemy units within 15 meters of my men.
3rd squad A-team and 1st squad A-team should pause movement for one minute and target briefly as shown, then move on the suspected enemy positions.
3rd AGL BTR should target as shown.
Everyone else should converge on the enemy position at move or quick as shown.

Change my BTR target orders to be in the area of the enemy contacts and move the middle BTR forward.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Kev's tanks can area target that ATGM team.

Here is the tank situation on Ravaged Path.

That AT-14 that fired is down to one shot. The nearby ATGM BTR has a bunch of reloads.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Those units do have LOS over most of Mount Silver, they just can't see the ground because of the slope. If a tank moves up into those areas, then they should be able to spot it. The reason everything is placed in the center is because the LOS is much worse everywhere else.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Yooper, one of your squads could go pick up an RPG off of their friend's corpse.

Jaguars, your BTR has a driver.

And your other BTR has its orders end when it reaches the road.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

2nd Company / 3rd Platoon / 4th Platoon
I decided to split my orders into a bunch of separate pictures so it wouldn't be such a confusing mess.

First, cancel all movement for 3rd platoon's squads. Only these units should move up and suppress the enemy. Everyone else needs to rest.

The AGL BTRs should also move up and suppress the enemy.

3rd platoon BTRs should move up and target enemy contacts to cut them off from retreating any further.

The last man in 3rd squad A-team should move over to his dead buddy and pick up his grenade launcher.

Three MG teams and two AGL teams should move up to the treeline as shown and deploy weapons.

4th platoon HQ should pull back to join them at the treeline.

4th platoon's BTRs should reverse through the woods to safety.

NastyToes fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 1, 2016

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Yooper posted:

Huh, no poo poo! I didn't even know they could do that. Thanks Nasty!

Yeah, If you put a unit on the same tile as a casualty from that unit, they will loot the body for ammo and weapons. Not sure if troops will do it on casualties outside of their unit.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

I'm still here.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

3rd Platoon BTRs should put down suppressing fire while 1st squad A-team and 2nd squad A-team move toward the contact.

This BTR needs to cancel its movement so it doesn't get wrecked by that ATGM when it unbogs.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

More screenshots.

An American contact appears heading from east to west toward the giant BTR party. Judging from its movement, it seems to have come from the town.

Yooper's last intact team has LoS on that BTR moving through the woods but doesn't have any AT weapons left.

Yooper himself is just 30m away from a BTR contact.

One of Decoy's tanks has its side facing the direction of the Abrams.

The AT-14 that was guarding the road is now chilling in the woods.

That ATGM hasn't moved and we have an AT-14 with LoS on it. One of our tanks can also area fire on its location, but last time it did that it got shot at by an ATGM in the town.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Just got around to looking at the save. The ATGM team at Mirage Island packed up and ran further into the woods. There are now four American APC contacts that came from the direction of the town. I'm wondering if they got reinforcements. It also looks like all of their tanks except the Bulat are moving toward The Iron Curtain.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

The AGL BTR that isn't immobilized should get on the road and drive over to those two AGL teams.

The crew member from my busted BTR should go on a suicide scout mission over the peak of Mount Silver.

The remaining air defense BTR is also going on a suicide scout mission. I'm hoping some ATGMs in the town expose themselves by firing on it as it crosses the road.

My poor scout needs to face toward the infantry contact that is approaching him. This dude is hosed, but maybe he can take a few with him.

2nd squad A-team should move up to finish off the last guy in that enemy squad.

All other teams should move toward friendly casualties to provide aid and scavenge AT weapons/ammo.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

I'll take some screenshots when I get home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Here is 2nd company. We have taken heavy losses and most of our AT rockets have been fired as part of target orders. Our BTRs have some older PG-7VL rockets that can be acquired if we have our troops mount up.

Even in death, my scout gives some useful intel. Those autocannon rounds that killed him came from the American IFVs, so those contacts are Bradleys, not Strykers. These contacts also came from the direction of the town, not from The Iron Curtain where all the other Americans are, leading me to believe they must be reinforcements. If I am right, there should be at least another two platoons of IFVs and an Abrams section/platoon somewhere out there. This is assuming they had the same choice to make regarding reinforcements that we did and chose the high-tech force.

The Abrams on Mount Silver and the Abrams and Oplot on Ravaged Path have all moved out of contact toward The Iron Curtain. Two BTRs follow them a bit later. The Bulat is still in the same spot it was in when it killed Yooper's hero scout a long time ago. Either they are leaving it behind as a deterrent, or it got bogged down and can't move. Another two BTRs have appeared moving toward my position and there is an infantry contact still in my area. The infantry is probably just what is left of the platoon I attacked but I'm in no condition to finish them.

Fray's dudes killed the poo poo out of that southern contact. There is one guy left in the circled area armed with an MG.

The AT-14 that was guarding the highway is still sitting in the woods. Not sure who has command of it. There is also an FO in the middle of town that could be moved up somewhere to call in missions or spot.

Jaguars! posted:

What do we know about enemy tank numbers at the moment?

We have seen two Abrams, one Oplot, one Bulat, and one T-64 that we destroyed. We may have gotten sound contacts on other tanks moving around The Iron Curtain back around turn 15, but it's hard to tell if they were different contacts or the same tank being reported over again in a new spot. Either they have held a bunch of tanks in reserve, they suffered a bunch of immobilizations, or they never had many tanks to begin with. They did start with two Apache Longbows, each costing almost as much as three Abrams in points, so it's possible we had the advantage in armor all along.

NastyToes fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jan 27, 2017

• Locked thread