Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feller
Jul 5, 2006

Gentlemen you can't troll in here. This is GBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I only order walmart tier beer when I'm with my friends, because gently caress all this licorice flavored tire-fire beer assholes are drinking now

Basch lives!
May 31, 2011
Grimy Drawer
Dinosaur Gum
What is Lagunintas Little Sumpin Ale? It smelled hoppy like an IPA but it's an American Wheat Ale?? poo poo was bomb as gently caress.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Try the Champaign of Beers

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I was defending IPAs earlier but I'm really starting to get sick of the taste of hops now.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I had a Garrison Imperial Pumpkin last night

It was 8% and there was so much cinnamon that I couldn't really taste the pumpkin

Probably one of the better pumpkin beers I've had, I'll never drink it again though

kommisar
Jan 2, 2007

Three floyds robert the Bruce is alright. Also I like Great Lakes brewing Edmund Fitzgerald mainly because of that catchy tune. My go to beer is hacker pschorr weisse. That's my Chicago beer story bye

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

Basch lives! posted:

What is Lagunintas Little Sumpin Ale? It smelled hoppy like an IPA but it's an American Wheat Ale?? poo poo was bomb as gently caress.

There's also the little sumpin extra I think it's called that is also good iirc I haven't had it in years. I don't think lagunitas makes anything that isn't at least very good.

Drinking an Old Tankard now, it's quite good and inexpensive, I like it.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm drinking Miller Lite

It's beer. It's nice.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

pants in my pants posted:

There's also the little sumpin extra I think it's called that is also good iirc I haven't had it in years. I don't think lagunitas makes anything that isn't at least very good.

yeah lagunitas is a good default choice for when you can't find anything else worth drinking and it's pretty much everywhere these days

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
I finally had Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA today, and it was pretty excellent. It's one of the few IPAs I've had that were decent. I hate most IPAs because they're bland, but this was really good.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

People drink IPA's slowly for the taste instead of chugging them to get all foggy to forget their troubles?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

AutumnDDP posted:

I finally had Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA today, and it was pretty excellent. It's one of the few IPAs I've had that were decent. I hate most IPAs because they're bland, but this was really good.

I would bet good money that you bought it at a chain grocery store or low-end convenience store?

For whatever reason, sierra nevada's distribution chain isn't complete rear end, so torpedo gets on the shelves before it can go bland. Whereas every other brewery that's large enough to land supermarket accounts also has sloppy QC and supermarkets will leave their stuff on the shelf for months.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Alec Bald Snatch posted:

yeah lagunitas is a good default choice for when you can't find anything else worth drinking and it's pretty much everywhere these days

I've found the quality of their IPA to have gone down considerably since they were bought by heineken, but the somepin's and the maximus and the hop stoopid remained good.

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012
I'm hoping beer styles like milds, bitters, browns and dry stouts go in style soon.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

pants in my pants posted:

Drinking an Old Tankard now, it's quite good and inexpensive, I like it.

I thought they quit making this 'cause I don't see it around anymore. Good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Professor Shark posted:

People drink IPA's slowly for the taste instead of chugging them to get all foggy to forget their troubles?

You drink the first couple for the taste, then the rest to get drunk

• Locked thread