Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Drinks beer using brettanomyces yeast, and thank me later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sick of IPAs too, op. The rigamarole of signing them is still ridiculous, despite Apple's "improvements" in Xcode. "Automatically manage signing" my rear end!

APKs are so much easier to produce it's not funny. Now if only we could make them work more or less uniformly across Android devices...

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mordja posted:

Really disabusing people of the stereotype that IPA lovers are stuck-up shitheads there.

I didn't say anything about not being a stuck-up dickhead, I'm just not a bearded hipster, and I like to drink beer that doesn't taste like piss.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

fishing with the fam posted:

Tomorrow is the first day of October, and that means every drat brewery is going to release their version of an Octoberfest beer. I have never in my life had an Octoberfest that didn't suck out loud.

Those come out in September, dorkus. I'd say half are good, half are crap.

I think I'm gonna have a Newcastle Brown tonight

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

a bone to pick posted:

I didn't say anything about not being a stuck-up dickhead, I'm just not a bearded hipster, and I like to drink beer that doesn't taste like piss.

IPA tastes like piss though. Higher apv and hoppiness do not a good beer make

Booblord Zagats posted:

Ugh.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
^^^If your piss tastes like an IPA, you may want to see a doctor.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Those come out in September, dorkus. I'd say half are good, half are crap.

I ignore them until October.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I know what piss tastes like and no beer, even Piss brand beer, tastes like piss.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

phasmid posted:

IPA tastes like piss though. Higher apv and hoppiness do not a good beer make

Sounds like you drank a Sam Adam's IPA or one of those lovely IPAs from Big Beer that are trying to jump on the gravy train.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Geokinesis posted:

like this one

does this come in american?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

a bone to pick posted:

Sounds like you drank a Sam Adam's IPA
SIR, I would not drink a Sam Adam's anything. How dare you.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
IPAs are trash and Doppelbocks are the only thing that is Cool And Good™

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

phasmid posted:

Higher apv and hoppiness do not a good beer make

it sure helps you hide all manner of brewing sins though!

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
A trend ive noticed in gbs beer threads is that people who complain about IPAs seem to have only recently discovered them and therefore assume that they are a very recent trend when in fact IPAs and the entire craft beer 'movement' are decades old. Also cheap beer drinkers and craft beer drinkers both accusing each other of being hipsters. Basically if you are reading this go gently caress yourself

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Haverchuck posted:

A trend ive noticed in gbs beer threads is that people who complain about IPAs seem to have only recently discovered them and therefore assume that they are a very recent trend when in fact IPAs and the entire craft beer 'movement' are decades old. Also cheap beer drinkers and craft beer drinkers both accusing each other of being hipsters. Basically if you are reading this go gently caress yourself

People are complaining about the very real hipster trend of drinking IPAs such that when you go to a bar that has 24 taps, 20 of them are IPAs or IIPAs.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Whats an IIPA

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
^^^ phony rear end marketing term for IPA (but more hoppy)

I thought I hated sours until I had a sour I liked. Sometimes it's just trying different things until something clicks.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Roylicious posted:

People are complaining about the very real hipster trend of drinking IPAs such that when you go to a bar that has 24 taps, 20 of them are IPAs or IIPAs.

If I'm paying $9 per glass that beer better have a high as gently caress abv, loving lol if you go to a bar and order a bud light.

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
I've been drinking craft for a couple of years now and even though I'll drink IPAs, they're still definitely not my favorite. Burton Baton is pretty excellent though. Anyway, stout season is my time of year for beer. Can't stand all of this pumpkin poo poo.

Just another couple of months...

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Geokinesis posted:

like this one

I don't know why this is true but looking at this picture I imagine this is an incredible beer, rich with history, full of flavor! Worth importing even. And yet from every experience I have I am sure the brewery down the road in my bum gently caress town makes better tasting beer. Must just be that microbreweries have their son MS Paint a label and print it out as stickers and they can't convince new customers as easily of their mastery of a craft

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

fishing with the fam posted:

^^^ phony rear end marketing term for IPA (but more hoppy)

I thought I hated sours until I had a sour I liked. Sometimes it's just trying different things until something clicks.

I think that red sours are a lot better than brown sours and plain non-syrupped Berlinerweiße is the best sour, but do whatever you like the most.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Roylicious posted:

yeah but then you show up in december and the 20 are now stouts and porters. equally objectionable imo.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Haverchuck posted:

yeah but then you show up in december and the 20 are now stouts and porters. equally objectionable imo.

yeah, it should be all 24

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

a bone to pick posted:

If I'm paying $9 per glass that beer better have a high as gently caress abv, loving lol if you go to a bar and order a bud light.

I like the dark ones myself. Had an Old Rasputin Imperial Stout over the weekend and it was good.

Haverchuck posted:

Ideally they'd have a good mix but where I am even in the winter it's 90% IPAs. I wouldn't mind so much but like I said they give me a headache for some reason. Like even after just 1 I'll have a pounding migraine coming on.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
why do people think hipsters drink IPAs. hipsters drink cheap tallboys and whiskey shots.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

why do people think hipsters drink IPAs. hipsters drink cheap tallboys and whiskey shots.

Haverchuck posted:

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
All beers are beautiful.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Irradiation posted:

All beers are beautiful.

some may be a little extra stout, but they have good head

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Roylicious posted:

I like the dark ones myself. Had an Old Rasputin Imperial Stout over the weekend and it was good.

Ideally they'd have a good mix but where I am even in the winter it's 90% IPAs. I wouldn't mind so much but like I said they give me a headache for some reason. Like even after just 1 I'll have a pounding migraine coming on.

I bet you live in a place that doesnt have a real winter like the PNW. also, one time I found out about a motorhead show the day it was happening, called and got one of the last tickets, raced into town and got one of the last good parking spots, and the minute I walked inside motorhead went onstage and played my favorite song (iron fist). Old rasputin was on tap and I had very much of it

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
IPAs are good, but this is the time of the year for me to start hoarding Free State Octoberfest before they start running out.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Haverchuck posted:

I bet you live in a place that doesnt have a real winter like the PNW.

Yup! A lot farther south and a bit more in the middle, though.

Iron Fist is a good song.

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
It's annoying when I want beer and the only options are bud/miller/etc, maybe Guinness, and 20 different IPA's.

I know someone already said this but I wanted to say it too.

Absolute Lithops fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 30, 2016

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
One of the best parts of my job is telling beer dorks we're fresh out of whatever super-limited bullshit shipped this week.

You've been calling me, asking if I've got DFH 120 for 3 weeks, I'm glad you missed it, bitch!

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I love IPAs . 120 minute is overpriced garbage.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nothing like choking down what seems like a bushel of hops to get full and sort of tired drunk but not actually drunk. Mmmmm.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Clitch posted:

One of the best parts of my job is telling beer dorks we're fresh out of whatever super-limited bullshit shipped this week.

You've been calling me, asking if I've got DFH 120 for 3 weeks, I'm glad you missed it, bitch!

me 5 years ago. btw Im about (finally) to buy a bottle of scotts selection 1968 longmorn-glenlivet. Im going to stick it up my rear end and jump off a cliff

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
The problem with IPAs is every brewery dumps in way too much cascade and it overpowers anything else you put in

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

tap my mountain posted:

The problem with IPAs is every brewery dumps in way too much cascade and it overpowers anything else you put in

Are cascade hops the fruity tasting hops?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Haverchuck posted:

me 5 years ago. btw Im about (finally) to buy a bottle of scotts selection 1968 longmorn-glenlivet. Im going to stick it up my rear end and jump off a cliff

I foolishly passed up a bottle of that which was priced wrong for way less than it was worth, years ago. I was broke, though. Be sure to uncap it first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Clitch posted:

I foolishly passed up a bottle of that which was priced wrong for way less than it was worth, years ago. I was broke, though. Be sure to uncap it first.

dude I sold a whole batch of single barrel highland park to a big shot lawyer in st louis for like 1/5 its value. I deserve everything bad that happens to me

• Locked thread