Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i have a 55" sony bravia 4k tv with android tv. it's p nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

maniacdevnull posted:

no one knows what's on the internet anymore. door locks are on there and like fridges and i think someone makes a toothbrush or fork that's in the internet now. everything is a computer graph and we are powerless to stop this.

http://connectedtoothbrush.com/

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

does anybody else remember that LG television that was uploading literally everything to LG's headquarters in China, including but not limited to the file names of every file of every hard drive you ever plugged into it? Good times

life is good

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

my sony bravia with android tv is technically a computer. a funny computer

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

netflix works great on my sony bravia with android tv. it also comes iwth amazon prime video

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

my tv is hooked up straight to my desktop pc and i watch movies at every framerate and play epic games on it (just finished bioshock 2, don't know why everyone said it was worse than the first one, it was actually better) and in general it is a super pro move

bioshock is a 2k game not an epic game IDIOT

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The_Franz posted:

or just google your tv and get the calibrated settings for it since modern flat panels with digital processing are pretty consistent

it's not like the old days where you could buy two identical crts and have them look completely different out of the box
lol this isn't actually true. samsung is known for putting panels with completely different lcd technologies (think ips vs. tn) into the same model of tv with no notification whatsoever of what you're getting.

they also probably explode inr egular use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

my steamlink randomly turned on my tv in the middle of the night. that was cool.

• Locked thread