Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
i have a 37" samsung that replaced my 32" philips i also have to no plans replace it, but I am going to drop at least $800 on a receiver and speakers because thats more important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

r u ready to WALK posted:

Cinema is garbage that's the whole point, movies that depend on lovely frame rates and extreme darkness to suspend your disbelief probably wasn't worth watching in the first place

Motion interpolation is literally the same algorithm used for modern video compression but in reverse, looking at the motion vectors and building extra intermediate frames from them. It is hella high tech and only a luddite movie nerd would dislike it while fondling their plasma TV or CRT projector that is killing their wifi network with RF noise.

Same with video calibration. Use a setting you like, not what some "expert" told you to that makes you unable to see anything unless you live in a cave

lets take this to the extreme and colorize b&w in real time with neural nets and add audio to silent films

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
i came across this recently https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu6ffG1u2H8 2 nerds calibrate leo laports' tv for 90 minutes with 2 colorimeters

in the end the difference is unnoticeable

• Locked thread