Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This thread is now for discussing the following blog: http://bats-and-bunnies.blogspot.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The blog is on hiatus so there won't be much to discuss.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

This thread is now for discussing the following blog: http://bats-and-bunnies.blogspot.com/

quote:

As you may have noticed, a while ago I have removed all the posts on this blog. I just wasn't comfortable with it anymore.

:(

quote:

I have set up a new blog / website focused on my asian ball jointed doll photography. You can find it at https://www.velvetbat.nl. Please follow that new page. :)

:hellyeah:

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Moon Atari posted:

This monsterous bookstore will devour us all.

Perhaps the time has come to call in Burning Orphanage Man.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

FAU can we change the thread topic to asian ball jointed doll photography pls

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yes, or about an angry bookstore rampaging around Portland and smashing up Subway franchises.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
We have fully documented all the bats and bunnies. My blog is on hiatus until God creates more bats and bunnies.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Once we discover a new bat species, that blog is going to go loving nuts.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

an angry bookstore rampaging around Portland and smashing up Subway franchises.

don't kinkshame pls

alternate response: I am genuinely amazed that the shining city of Portland would tolerate scumfuck franchise stores. Do they even slaughter their own livestock for sandwich meats?!?!

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

FlimFlam Imam posted:

Perhaps the time has come to call in Burning Orphanage Man.

I don't know where this came from but I thank you and this thread for delivering it into my life. Mistakes into miracles.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

My god that just made me decide to vote for Trump

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

This is so perfect.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

bag em and tag em posted:

The feminist bookstore is angry. It rumbles and cracks have formed in the fiundation. The bookstore is angry and we do not know how to calm it.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Oh my god that store is real?

"Capitalism is BAD!"
*owns and operates a small business*

Roylicious fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 30, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

gobbagool posted:

My god that just made me decide to vote for Trump

It is important to remember that Aubrey Plaza's character is a feminist too :eng101:

Roylicious posted:

I knew the building was real but I thought it was a boring regular bookstore, probably because it wasn't rebelling against Portlandia before now

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I have heard from at least half a dozen people that they moved to Portland because of Portlandia

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I was curious what the actual mayor of Portland thought about Kyle Maclachlan's mayor character (aka the best thing on the show) and apparently he actually plays a recurring part as Maclachlan's assistant :eyepop:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

loquacius posted:

I was curious what the actual mayor of Portland thought about Kyle Maclachlan's mayor character (aka the best thing on the show) and apparently he actually plays a recurring part as Maclachlan's assistant :eyepop:

he's a pretty poo poo mayor who has hosed up everything that's come his way and is pretty much universally hated

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

quote:

There are no Black people on Portlandia. There are a tiny number of people of color on Portlandia. Portland is white but it’s not that drat white.

The Portland metropolitan area is less than 2.5% black.

Irradiation fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Sep 30, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

he's a pretty poo poo mayor who has hosed up everything that's come his way and is pretty much universally hated

that just makes it funnier to me actually

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

the video game Rampage but it's the feminist bookstore from Portlandia and it's freaking PISSED. OFF. EPICLY.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Roylicious posted:

"Capitalism is BAD!"
*owns and operates a small business*

Yes, it's real, and it's really a feminist bookstore. Most of the places they film are real locations. I've heard mostly good things from people who have had their spaces used, but then those people usually aren't concerned about RAPE CULTURE.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
Yay internet lets target a feminist bookstore out of all the problems with gentrification lets target random individuals and send death threats to them gooo team!!!!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

the video game Rampage but it's the feminist bookstore from Portlandia and it's freaking PISSED. OFF. EPICLY.

the hot scientist from the between-level scenes is played by Fred Armisen

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

Yay internet lets target a feminist bookstore out of all the problems with gentrification lets target random individuals and send death threats to them gooo team!!!!

We're just making jokes about a funny article, chill

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

FactsAreUseless posted:

A Portland rampage would be the most boring level ever. There would be 4-5 2 level buildings, 1 high rise, a river in the middle and about 100 hipsters waiting in line to enter one of the buildings for twee ice cream/bacon donuts/fresh hopped ipa. The hipsters would stand perfectly still while the monster could devour them at their leisure.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
How can we crack jokes when the feminist bookstore is so angry? How can we laugh in the face of such rage? When the feminist bookstore finally sees vengeance done there will be no more laughter, of that I am certain.

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
Never heard of this show, and will now watch it, mostly because of MacLachlan. But also because hipster mockery makes me happy :)

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

Where in this thread has an individual been named except for the mayor of Portland and Kyle McLaughlan? Where has a death threat or any sort of contact with the bookstore been mentioned?

nice meltdown friendo

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I have heard from at least half a dozen people that they moved to Portland because of Portlandia

Congrats on knowing at least half a dozen idiots

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I actually visited Portland mostly because of Portlandia, we were in Seattle for a week and took the train down to see Portland for a couple days

Sour beers are good, donuts are good, lines are bad, restaurants are good, wine is good, that video arcade with cheap craft beer on tap fuckin' ruled, Pittock Mansion was cool, and Powell's City Of Books was fantastic, but we made the mistake of going on a vacation to a non-tropical location in February so the weather was bad and that kinda ruined it a little

Like, the weather was way better than it was at home (in Boston) but you still don't wanna go on vacation and have it be 45 degrees and drizzly the whole time

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

He probably should not have hosed a 17-year old, and if he was going to do it anyway he should not have hosed one named "Beau Breedlove." Being that on-the-nose is just tacky.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Moon Atari posted:

I don't know where this came from but I thank you and this thread for delivering it into my life. Mistakes into miracles.

It's from one the funniest threads I've ever seen on SA "lets MS Paint super heroes" I kept a few of the greats.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

bag em and tag em posted:

How can we crack jokes when the feminist bookstore is so angry? How can we laugh in the face of such rage? When the feminist bookstore finally sees vengeance done there will be no more laughter, of that I am certain.
A stone age representation of the creative and destructive nature of womanhood but it's the feminist bookstore from Portlandia and dozens of cave people live in awe of it.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
portlandia ftw and also aubrey plaza in that vid is also FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Huh?

Smythe posted:

portlandia ftw and also aubrey plaza in that vid is also FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Smythe posted:

aubrey plaza in that vid is also FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:agreed:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

also

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

I think that ahoy video was pretty god drat gay. And not in a homophobic way, just so very gay. Ahoy is more concerned with ornate flowery prose than infotainment.
I'm rolling my eyes so hard that my eyes are turning gay.

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

I think that ahoy video was pretty god drat friend of the family. And not in a racist way, just so very friend of the family. Ahoy is more concerned with ornate flowery prose than infotainment.
I'm rolling my eyes so hard that my eyes are turning friend of the family.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:laffo:

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

loquacius posted:

the hot scientist from the between-level scenes is played by Fred Armisen

We're just making jokes about a funny article, chill

i was sending death threats actually, sorry

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

loquacius posted:

but we made the mistake of going on a vacation to a non-tropical location in February so the weather was bad and that kinda ruined it a little

Like, the weather was way better than it was at home (in Boston) but you still don't wanna go on vacation and have it be 45 degrees and drizzly the whole time

This is Portland 8 months out of the year fyi. There's a reason why west of the Casacades is so geen.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

A stone age representation of the creative and destructive nature of womanhood but it's the feminist bookstore from Portlandia and dozens of cave people live in awe of it.

You arrive home from a day of merry objectifying and microagressing to find that your house is gone. In its place is the feminist bookstore from Portlandia. The building is silent and inanimate as usual, but in the pit of your stomach you can feel a palpable sense of dread and rage emanating from its very foundation. Through the fogged windows you can perceive no details other than a dim red glow. As you approach warily, a faint rumbling can be heard from deep below the earth. Your instincts are shouting at you to flee, to run away and never stop, but you are inexplicably compelled to walk up what was once your front path, as the rumbling increases in volume and pitch. You reach for the doorknob, your hand shaking as violently as the incensed earth. Your key does not fit, but the door opens anyway. It seems almost as though gravity has rotated 90 degrees, and you fall through the doorway, there is no other word for it. Behind you, the door creaks slightly as it swings smoothly shut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

A regular-seeming bookstore but every book contains the soul of a fallen feminist and they all scream "SMASH THE PATRIARCHY" when you open one of the books

Also there's a small VHS section in the back but despite the slipcase every tape is a copy of Zardoz

• Locked thread