Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

quote:

Attempts by the Willamette Week seeking elaboration were answered first with demands that the paper promote its online fundraising campaign.
you know it's late stage capitalism when supposedly left-wing people demand money for bestowing their wokeness upon others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

MiracleWhale posted:

Gay Shame SF, an intersectional political action group which is every bit as sane and reasonable as its name suggests, had a stenciling campaign where they spray painted "DIY business is still gentrification" on the sidewalk in front of hip local businesses in the mission neighborhood of SF. hilariously they spray painted this message in front of Modern Times Bookstore which is not only a local DIY business that has been there since the 70s, but is also the place where Gay Shame SF meets, infuriating the owners to the point where they almost got forbidden from returning there.

http://www.mattildabernsteinsycamore.com/maximum/maximum_may2006.html
tbh i wish this san francisco still existed, and not the Wall Street West But With Tech that it is today

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the final boss of portland is the feminist bookstore from portlandia

• Locked thread