Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

gobbagool posted:

My god that just made me decide to vote for Trump

It is important to remember that Aubrey Plaza's character is a feminist too :eng101:

Roylicious posted:

Oh my god that store is real?

I knew the building was real but I thought it was a boring regular bookstore, probably because it wasn't rebelling against Portlandia before now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I was curious what the actual mayor of Portland thought about Kyle Maclachlan's mayor character (aka the best thing on the show) and apparently he actually plays a recurring part as Maclachlan's assistant :eyepop:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

he's a pretty poo poo mayor who has hosed up everything that's come his way and is pretty much universally hated

that just makes it funnier to me actually

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

the video game Rampage but it's the feminist bookstore from Portlandia and it's freaking PISSED. OFF. EPICLY.

the hot scientist from the between-level scenes is played by Fred Armisen

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

Yay internet lets target a feminist bookstore out of all the problems with gentrification lets target random individuals and send death threats to them gooo team!!!!

We're just making jokes about a funny article, chill

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I actually visited Portland mostly because of Portlandia, we were in Seattle for a week and took the train down to see Portland for a couple days

Sour beers are good, donuts are good, lines are bad, restaurants are good, wine is good, that video arcade with cheap craft beer on tap fuckin' ruled, Pittock Mansion was cool, and Powell's City Of Books was fantastic, but we made the mistake of going on a vacation to a non-tropical location in February so the weather was bad and that kinda ruined it a little

Like, the weather was way better than it was at home (in Boston) but you still don't wanna go on vacation and have it be 45 degrees and drizzly the whole time

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

A stone age representation of the creative and destructive nature of womanhood but it's the feminist bookstore from Portlandia and dozens of cave people live in awe of it.

You arrive home from a day of merry objectifying and microagressing to find that your house is gone. In its place is the feminist bookstore from Portlandia. The building is silent and inanimate as usual, but in the pit of your stomach you can feel a palpable sense of dread and rage emanating from its very foundation. Through the fogged windows you can perceive no details other than a dim red glow. As you approach warily, a faint rumbling can be heard from deep below the earth. Your instincts are shouting at you to flee, to run away and never stop, but you are inexplicably compelled to walk up what was once your front path, as the rumbling increases in volume and pitch. You reach for the doorknob, your hand shaking as violently as the incensed earth. Your key does not fit, but the door opens anyway. It seems almost as though gravity has rotated 90 degrees, and you fall through the doorway, there is no other word for it. Behind you, the door creaks slightly as it swings smoothly shut.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Indiana Jones bursts out the front door of the feminist bookstore from Portlandia, yelling and running at full tilt. Comic Relief Sidekick Character, seeing the panic in his eyes, hurries to get the motorcycle started, and they're moving before Dr. Jones is even fully seated in the sidecar. "What did you find in there, Indy?" CRSC asks. "I dunno, kid," Jones replies ruggedly, "but whatever it is... it's angry." Fade out to Nazi scene.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Kelp Me! posted:

I'm sorry I forgot Hutts were hermaphrodites, anybody know the preferred pronoun for Hutts

Too late, Jabba's bodily autonomy is already violated. It's basically ruined now. Jabba will never have bodily autonomy again.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Wait so is the store doing schtick now? I mean most of their complaints are just jokes from the show so.. :shrug:

I would actually really appreciate it if this entire thing was Andy-Kaufman-esque performance art

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

The feminist bookstore from Portlandia is hungry.

The feminist bookstore from Portlandia is sick of CERTAIN PEOPLE acting like Taylor is better than Bey.

The feminist bookstore from Portlandia misses you, Bernice. It's sorry. [later deleted]

The feminist bookstore from Portlandia is pretty pumped for the gym, gals!

Is this a reference to old-style Facebook requiring you to start your status updates with your name (and before that your name followed by the word "is")

because if so I like it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm angrier than the feminist bookstore from Portlandia :mad:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Initiates into the inner circle of Scientology learn that the cause of all human misery is possession by the angry spirit of the feminist bookstore from Portlandia

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ironically enough the man dolls from those doll posts look like the kind of dude one might find in Portland

specifically in the feminist bookstore from Portlandia

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Elder Gods stir. They are powerful. They are displeased. And they are making their displeasure known, using the "Algerian" typeface.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Seriousposting for a second about New Age stores, I always liked going to them with my mom because I liked rocks (rocks are cool) and some of the art involving like elves and dragons and poo poo (I'm a huge nerd)

My mom's go-to new age store was called Women Of Wisdom, it resembled a bright lavender house, and according to Google it is still open :eyepop:

At a family gathering last week we all got drunk and made fun of my mom for listening to Pure Moods Volume 1 all the time when we were kids

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I was fired from my job today, as a result of a week of no-call no-shows due to an extended bath-salts bender. The feminist bookstore from Portlandia knows. As I walked by carrying the contents of my former desk in a box, it called me into its service. I am now a soldier, of sorts. Toward what nefarious ends, it has not revealed. I am but a pawn in its game.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Point of order, that fridge also has the words "lord", "lord", and "man" on it tho

fake-edit: the feminist bookstore (from Portlandia)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

EngineerSean posted:

Ha ha nice try guys, I fell for the snipe hunt but you can't convicted me that the feminist bookstore from Portlandia is real.

the external shot of the facade was a real feminist bookstore (from Portlandia) but the characters were fake until a couple days ago when they apparently became real

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sex Falcon posted:

However, Powells is the best and you can make loud, public dick jokes in there if you really want but everyone will still think you're a prick.

You gotta wonder if there was some sort of plague of loud public dick joke makers (in the feminist bookstore, from Portlandia) before they put up that sign

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Moon Atari posted:

Maybe the feminist bookstore that was willing to allow Portlandia to use their storefront for its parody is also capable of engaging in self-parody via a sign on their door? Perhaps it knows emotions other than anger.

also: maybe it's illuminati code :tinfoil:

(what I'm saying is there's no particular reason to think that)

(I am also proposing the idea that perhaps the sign is Illuminati code, I am dead serious about this)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If you look really really close at the eyeball pyramid on US currency you can see a little tiny feminist bookstore from Portlandia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Whoever aids in parodying diehard second-wavers should see to it that in the process she does not become a diehard second-waver. And if you gaze long enough into the feminist bookstore from Portlandia, the feminist bookstore from Portlandia will gaze back into you.

• Locked thread